Menu

What should I watch on Hulu?

Alicia64

I paid for a month even though the show I watch seems to have nosedived. (Shrill. Some of it is really good, the acting is mostly really good, but it's still meh.)

Do you have any Hulu suggestions or should I just sign up for Netflix and call it good?

TIA!!

I like Hulu for tv shows.  I've liked old stuff like Veronica Mars, Buffy, Angel, Bones.

I just noticed Murdoch Mysteries is on there now.  Love that show!

New Hardy Boys was good.  I like the 911 shows.

We originally had Hulu for a show that was only available there but now I'm used to having it!

• Like 2

Seconding two of the suggestions, Veronica Mars and Mrs America. I would also add Elementary, Love Victor, The Kids are Alright, Moone Boy, Looking for Alaska, and Homeland (although I lost interest towards the end and didn’t finish). Also, if you’ve never seen them elsewhere, Freaks and Geeks and Greek.

• Like 1

We also liked Veronica Mars, even though she is an idiot who makes us scream at the tv. 

Next is one short season but interesting. We all got into Burn Notice. 

We love Numb3rs and all six seasons are available. 

Stupid amounts of true crime. 

It's rarely our go-to for movies, but I do want to watch Three Identical Strangers, a documentary about identical triplets who were separated at birth. 

• Like 2

Handmaids Tale

Letterkenney (NOT for everyone)

911 (gave me a heart attack with every intro)

911: Lonestar (more heart attacks)

The Rookie

Super Store

The Mindy Project (it takes several episodes for it to click in)

Blackish

Mixedish

Brooklyn 99

American Housewife

Ab Fab

Speechless

Fresh Off the Boat

Modern Family

Everybody Hates Chris

Black Adder

The IT Crowd

Community

Parks and Rec

I need a job.

• Thanks 1

I totally understand what you are saying about Shrill.  I wanted to love it (Lindy West is such a good writer) but the show was just not great to me. I couldn’t get invested in the second season at all and her on again off again boyfriend was so annoying.    

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

Handmaid's Tale if you can handle the dark violence. Mrs. America is also very good. What We Do In The Shadows is one of my favs, but it is an acquired taste for some.

I watched and enjoyed the first season of Handmaid's Tale but couldn't bring myself to watch more than that. We binged What We do in the Shadows over spring break and really enjoyed it. It is so weird. I went into it thinking I wouldn't like it and cant explain why I do. It is silly and makes no sense but it makes me laugh and I don't have to think.

• Like 2

In addition to many of the shows mentioned there's also Black Sails. It's a sort of prequel to Treasure Island (the book) with a mix of fictional and real pirates and other characters. It does have violence, sex, and language throughout but if that's not a problem for you the show is really well done.

• Like 1

Rizzoli & Isles

White Collar

Mindy Project

Parks and Rec

I like 911 and 911 LoneStar too.

Nurses was pretty good.

For comedy, Home Economics and Call Your Mother were both okay, and I liked the short-lived The Kids are Alright too and wish it had been renewed.  I liked Schooled and Single Parents okay too.

If you can handle the gore, and if you liked the book, the miniseries of Catch-22 is really good and well-done.  There's one scene where I just lost it, like completely lost it, and my husband had to stop the show until I got it together, so be warned.