Menu

Indigo Blue

1 minute ago, Ali in OR said:

They're slow fliers--pretty easy to just "clap" them to smithereens. No toxic fumes. Wash hands after.

Good choice, but he can’t see them in the low light of the room at night. When you are 60 and not wearing readers because you’re watching TV, you don’t know they’re there until they bite. It drives him mad.

• Haha 1

Well, those things love me, so I'd just sit there with one hand/forearm exposed and the rest of me covered and wait until one lands, then SMOOSH. They'd all be gone in just a few minutes. Problem solved. If I can't see, I'd just turn on a light for a few minutes until they're all smooshed.

Dh's method is to sit near me since they'll pick me over him. 

Definitely zero spraying in the house.

• Like 3

I'll go on the record in favor of not using bug bombs in a room you intend to sit in right away and leaving the RAID and such for well ventilated areas.  My dad is 78 and they are once again spraying his apartment for bed bugs (ALL THE SWEARS).  He's staying here this weekend because I don't want him breathing in that stuff.  

• Like 4

Pause TV show.  Kill the mosquitoes.  Clap, or wait for them to land and smoosh. Resume show.

No insecticide in the house.  That is meant for outside.

We live in Mosquito Land.  We do actually spray outside for mosquitoes (we use a service) so we can use the yard without being swarmed, but there are occasional break through critters.  We smoosh ‘em.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Do you

A. Put on a long sleeved shirt or cover in a light blanket

B. Go to the kitchen cabinet and grab a can of Raid and walk around with it, blasting it all over everything 

C. Go outside with a bottle of non toxic repellent, give yourself a light misting, then go inside

D. Threaten to bring out the DEET and repeat choice B. 

🤨 Please help me.

We don’t use the big guns inside, right? Because toxic and gagging scent and struggling to breathe and all…right? And it’s not going to necessarily kill the mosquito anyway, as all the mist and spray falls to the floor, and the tiny mosquito happily resumes flying around in the space above the floor. Right? So, if one has mosquitoes that get inside at night, what is your solution for managing  this? 

Dh and I are not agreeing on how to use these items for their intended purposes….and this is my hill to die on because…..CAT and it’s making me gag. I’m prepared for battle over this one. 

Gah!

lol

E. Swat said mosquitos.

• Like 1

I would turn off the light in the room I'm in and turn on the light in another room, so they would go there.

If that didn't work, I'd probably just kill the suckers with blunt force.

And if I was feeling too precious for that, I would put on a shirt or cover with a sheet.

I don't really use bug spray.  If I did, it would be something less toxic and less stinky.

• Like 1