Menu

Favorite dog beds for big dogs?

Only small dogs now, but when we had large dogs I used a crib mattress for the main dog bed--the one in our bedroom that they used at night. Crib mattresses are FAR better than any dog bed I've ever found, and the sheets are cheap and easy to change and wash.

Edited by Pawz4me
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

Only small dogs now, but when we had large dogs I used a crib mattress for the main dog bed--the one in our bedroom that they used at night. Crib mattresses are FAR better than any dog bed I've ever found, and the sheets are cheap and easy to change and wash.

Oh what a good idea.  Wish I had a few old crib mattresses.  And a year ago I found a bunch of the sheets from the cribs and got rid of them, thinking what would I ever do with those now? Ugh.

Well, my dogs have declared this as their favorite. We’re on our fourth or fifth one now. I bought a different (seemingly better!) one and they ignored it for over a week, so I returned it. 😂 The only thing I don’t like is the removable cover is great for keeping clean, BUT it’s the bolster and mattress cover, so you need to make sure your washing machine is big enough to wash the bolster part too. 

• Thanks 1

My dog has two Costco dog beds. One in our bedroom and one in the living room. I like them because you can easily take the covers off and wash.

A friend of mine who did rescue work and who was very particular about everything involving her animals, used Costco beds too.