Menu

My husband screwed up

Terabith

So, I went online and renewed our registration/ license plate tags, and of course, I did it for 3 years.  So I got a letter from the DMV with two tags:  one for the front and one for the back.  Instead of leaving the July part of the tag alone and changing the years on both the front plate and the back plate, my husband put one 24 on top of the 21 and the other 24 on top of the July part, while I was distracted by Kamala.  

It looks terrible!  And we leave for a trip to my mom's on Sunday.  And the DMV is closed because of covid.  

What do I do???  

As long as the 24 is showing, the month wont matter for a few years. Leave them like you have it (an officer will see/understand the error).  Email the DMV, explain the error and go from there.  You will likely just have to pay for replacement tags to be mailed to you. I assume people mess them up all the time, and they likely have a set process for people to get it fixed. 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 3

Can you not peel it up and put it where it belongs?

I had just put the new one on top of the old one for a many years...

until the yard sheep came along and ate the whole pile of stickers right off the license plate!  Oops!

I didn't contact anyone or get a new sticker, and we didn't have any trouble with it.

We don't have sheep anymore.

38 minutes ago, Amy in NH said:

Can you not peel it up and put it where it belongs?

I had just put the new one on top of the old one for a many years...

until the yard sheep came along and ate the whole pile of stickers right off the license plate!  Oops!

I didn't contact anyone or get a new sticker, and we didn't have any trouble with it.

We don't have sheep anymore.

Okay, that sounds like it might have given the sheep indigestion.  But is also hilarious.  

No, immediately after placing the first sticker, we tried to peel it up, but nope.  Instantly adhered like superglue.  Unfortunately.