Menu

S/O Apple Watch - Functions

fraidycat

Surrounded by tech and probably only using about 10-20% of the functionality is a "thing" for me.

I have an iPhone, iPad w/pencil, and since Mother's Day, an Apple Watch SE.

Phone gets used for most of my life. Calls, texts, web browsing, budgeting, photos, emails, podcasts, etc.

Tablet, almost exclusively for taking notes on Goodnotes app - I'm a prolific note taker when watching videos and reading books, meal planning on Paprika (not very good at this!!), and sometimes for my budget reconciling.

Watch - time and weather, HRM for DDPYoga, and some of the days I actually listen to the prompts to stand or breathe.

But, there is probably sooooo much more functionality that I am missing out on. So if you have iDevices - what functions do you use that I (probably) don't even know exist on them. iPad and watch were gifts, not self-bought "toys".

These are features I use but there are 500x more that I don’t.   I find these helpful re: the Watch.  

Watch: You can turn on “Do not disturb” when you go to a meeting and click an option that DND will go off when the event is over(based on your calendar) or when you leave the location (if you have GPS on). 

The watch has a flashlight.   This has come in handy many times for me.  

There’s a timer on the watch.  Super handy for cooking or short-term reminders.  Or in my case, I am getting used to setting a timer when I turn on the stove or the sprinkler…to remind me to turn it off! 

Watch: you can turn music/podcasts/audiobooks on and off from your wrist.  Nice when you are up a ladder painting the ceiling and get asked a question and have yo stop the stream. Same re being able to answer your phone when you can’t find it.  

Watch: you can text by voice dictation  or by writing with your finger which is really pretty accurate.  

Watch:you can track your walking/running/cycling and even see your route when you open up your phone.  Tons of features here.  

Watch: you can pay at Starbucks and Whole Goods and a lot of other places without digging into your purse. 

Watch: you can use it for your boarding pass on flights.  QR code. 

if you use the Watch with maps you can get a wrist buzz when it’s time to turn…walking or driving.  Keeps eyes on the road 

Watch: can be a bedside clock   This is nice because I use my phone for my alarm clock but I don’t want to lift it up snd light up the room just to see what time it is   The watch shows the time if I just touch it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 6:27 PM, fraidycat said:

Surrounded by tech and probably only using about 10-20% of the functionality is a "thing" for me.

I have an iPhone, iPad w/pencil, and since Mother's Day, an Apple Watch SE.

Phone gets used for most of my life. Calls, texts, web browsing, budgeting, photos, emails, podcasts, etc.

Tablet, almost exclusively for taking notes on Goodnotes app - I'm a prolific note taker when watching videos and reading books, meal planning on Paprika (not very good at this!!), and sometimes for my budget reconciling.

Watch - time and weather, HRM for DDPYoga, and some of the days I actually listen to the prompts to stand or breathe.

But, there is probably sooooo much more functionality that I am missing out on. So if you have iDevices - what functions do you use that I (probably) don't even know exist on them. iPad and watch were gifts, not self-bought "toys".

I am no help with your actual question, but can you tell me what your favoriting budgeting app is?

44 minutes ago, TheAttachedMama said:

I am no help with your actual question, but can you tell me what your favoriting budgeting app is?

YNAB is the ultimate budgeting philosophy, app, community, company, and customer service. There is no comparison.