Menu

Snickers white chocolate bar…..seriously

Indigo Blue

good!

I was so awful today. A selfish glutton, actually. 

So I was getting groceries and there, at check out, it caught my eye. A Snickers white chocolate bar. 

I can’t eat chocolate. Like even a tiny bit, lest I pay with a head banger headache. I’m also a candy snob. Most candy bars have, one by one, been ruined with changing recipes and no longer taste the same. If you’re older, like me, you know what I mean. So, I love Justin’s white chocolate peanut butter cups. I can’t always get to Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods to  get the good stuff. I’m sick of Pay Day bars. 

So I grabbed it and thought it would be just another sub par tasting marketing attempt to make me buy. Just a bite to taste it and give the rest to dh. I thought just a bite would be okay, because today I had decided to get back to sticking  more strictly with WFPB, after reading@happi duck’s thread and trying to encourage her and be supportive.

I left that store and went to WF, where I bought a banana and pulled out a rice cake from my grocery bag to eat in the car for lunch. Doing well today, I thought.

Got home and began putting away groceries. I came across the candy bar and thought I would stop for just one sec and have that one bite, just knowing it wouldn’t taste so great anyway.

Goodness. That thing went way above any expectations and then some. I had a second bite. There were two big pieces in the package, so I decided to eat just one big piece. Each bite was delicious. I could not believe how good this thing was. Like, amazingly good. I set the other piece aside, and  I put more groceries away. 

I ended up eating the whole thing. Somehow I just found myself ripping the rest of the wrapper open and yanking out the other piece.

I have so much remorse. I didn’t share. I messed up my healthy eating plan. I made myself sick. 

So despicable. Despicable me. 

But I want each and every one of you to know…..

Snickers white chocolate bars are so very, very good.

I will buy dh another one next week.🙁

• Like 10
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

LOL, I've done that so many times!  Glad you liked it and hope you're not feeling too sick from it.  Life is too short to not enjoy a treat sometimes!  The trick is to make sure you enjoy the treat and savor every bite!  

I'm glad you enjoyed your treat.

It also pains me to see just how many times you cut yourself down in one post. 😢😢

Please be kind to yourself. ❤️ You're allowed to enjoy a treat all to yourself. You're allowed to make a "diet mistake". You're allowed to be human. And through it all, you deserve grace, compassion, and kindness.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

I'm glad you enjoyed your treat.

It also pains me to see just how many times you cut yourself down in one post. 😢😢

Please be kind to yourself. ❤️ You're allowed to enjoy a treat all to yourself. You're allowed to make a "diet mistake". You're allowed to be human. And through it all, you deserve grace, compassion, and kindness.

Oh, it’s ok….I was really trying to be humorous and tongue in cheek. Yes, I didn’t share my candy with dh, but I just gave him the full story, lol. We were laughing about it. I’m mot going to be able to shop in Walmart again because I am liable to clean them out of all those bars. I haven’t seen them anywhere else yet. I do try to eat well..but I do have a sweet tooth sometimes. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Oh, it’s ok….I was really trying to be humorous and tongue in cheek. Yes, I didn’t share my candy with dh, but I just gave him the full story, lol. We were laughing about it. I’m mot going to be able to shop in Walmart again because I am liable to clean them out of all those bars. I haven’t seen them anywhere else yet. I do try to eat well..but I do have a sweet tooth sometimes. 

I read it tongue in cheek, and laughed the whole way through.  Totally see that happening here!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

I am old and know exactly what you mean! To be honest I’m not sorry because it prevents candy from tempting me. These days I stick to simple dark dark chocolate, but in my teens I had an addiction to Zero bars. 

Another thing about modern candy bars, they’ve all shrunk! So your “offense” was probably little! FWIW, I think you should count it a merit award for doing the grocery shopping. 

Oh no.  

Now I *need* a Zero bar.  

🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

OH dear! 1.  I love snickers. 2.  I LOVE white chocolate. 3.  I always buy new flavored items.  I'm doomed.  I've been doing so well with being healthy (down 11lbs) I hope I don't see one of these. lol

Same! Love white chocolate and love Snickers -- I'm already plotting when I can look for one. (And I've recently lost 10 pounds...but I think vacation has hurt that a bit...)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

good!

I was so awful today. A selfish glutton, actually. 

So I was getting groceries and there, at check out, it caught my eye. A Snickers white chocolate bar. 

I can’t eat chocolate. Like even a tiny bit, lest I pay with a head banger headache. I’m also a candy snob. Most candy bars have, one by one, been ruined with changing recipes and no longer taste the same. If you’re older, like me, you know what I mean. So, I love Justin’s white chocolate peanut butter cups. I can’t always get to Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods to  get the good stuff. I’m sick of Pay Day bars. 

So I grabbed it and thought it would be just another sub par tasting marketing attempt to make me buy. Just a bite to taste it and give the rest to dh. I thought just a bite would be okay, because today I had decided to get back to sticking  more strictly with WFPB, after reading@happi duck’s thread and trying to encourage her and be supportive.

I left that store and went to WF, where I bought a banana and pulled out a rice cake from my grocery bag to eat in the car for lunch. Doing well today, I thought.

Got home and began putting away groceries. I came across the candy bar and thought I would stop for just one sec and have that one bite, just knowing it wouldn’t taste so great anyway.

Goodness. That thing went way above any expectations and then some. I had a second bite. There were two big pieces in the package, so I decided to eat just one big piece. Each bite was delicious. I could not believe how good this thing was. Like, amazingly good. I set the other piece aside, and  I put more groceries away. 

I ended up eating the whole thing. Somehow I just found myself ripping the rest of the wrapper open and yanking out the other piece.

I have so much remorse. I didn’t share. I messed up my healthy eating plan. I made myself sick. 

So despicable. Despicable me. 

But I want each and every one of you to know…..

Snickers white chocolate bars are so very, very good.

I will buy dh another one next week.🙁

I call grocery shopping: going into enemy territory. 🙃

• Haha 2

Yes, the white chocolate snickers are good, white chocolate kit kats are good. But the absolute best to me is the baby white chocolate reese's cups. You can get the one dollar bags at dollar general, they are unwrapped, and totally divine!!

Oh I meant to say, Kit Kat has a new flavor-Key Lime. I haven't tried it yet. For the sake of the Hive, I really should try it.

Edited by math teacher
left out important information
  • Like 1