Menu

Over-abundance of cherry tomatoes.....suggestions???

TheReader

21 hours ago, TheReader said:

This is also super helpful; I think I'll do a fair amount dehydrated, I love that option. 

Also, if you dehydrate them to the stage where they are completely dry and crispy, you can grind the tomatoes in a food processor/blender to make tomato powder.   It makes a fantastic addition to homemade taco meat, chilis, stews, etc where you just want to add a little depth of umami. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cherokee Purples are fabulous -- my favorite.  When you eat a good one, you can really understand that tomatoes are a fruit.  I have heard that Paul Robesons are even better, but I didn't get any from my seed started plants this year to compare.  

Edited by Kebo

1 hour ago, Kebo said:

Cherokee Purples are fabulous -- my favorite.  When you eat a good one, you can really understand that tomatoes are a fruit.  I have heard that Paul Robeson's are even better, but I didn't get any from my seed started plants this year to compare.  

Never heard of those-will have to look for them next year.

On 6/9/2021 at 10:27 AM, VickiMNE said:

Tomato Cobbler!  (It is a savory dish and SO delicious.  I freeze a dozen bags of cherry tomatoes so I can make this all year around....)  And, I most often just make my own version of biscuit topping, with or without cheese.  Leftovers freeze and reheat beautifully.  Works as a side or main....

I'm not a big cobbler fan, but I'm totally going to try this tomato part over polenta. Sometimes I make polenta, and sometimes I just slice the Trader Joe's, brush it with a bit of olive oil, and bake it for a few minutes until slightly browned. Either way, this sounds like an amazing topping for it.