Menu

Any feedback on Big River Academy?

I was all set to sign ds up for a different class but the schedule is not working. Big River Academy teaches the same class with the same text. (Biology with Science Shepherd). Anyone have experience with Big River Academy, specifically with Biology or their writing courses? I am also looking at signing him up for their intermediate composition.

Thanks! 

ETA: Looks like the Potter's School also has Biology with that text at a time that would work...

Edited by ByGrace3

My dd has taken a class with Big River Academy the last 3 years but it was Italian so we don't have experience with the 2 you mentioned, which may not be helpful to you, but thought I would answer as you had not had other answers so far. It was a good class for her. She did Italian I - III and I wish they offered IV. We liked her teacher and everyone there was always very responsive to answering any questions we might have. To be honest it all went pretty smoothly and we didn't have to ask too many things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 3:19 PM, TCB said:

My dd has taken a class with Big River Academy the last 3 years but it was Italian so we don't have experience with the 2 you mentioned, which may not be helpful to you, but thought I would answer as you had not had other answers so far. It was a good class for her. She did Italian I - III and I wish they offered IV. We liked her teacher and everyone there was always very responsive to answering any questions we might have. To be honest it all went pretty smoothly and we didn't have to ask too many things.

Was it a live class where she could interact with the other students and teachers?  My ds would love to interact with other kids - it's been a LONG year [I can see everyone nodding]!

18 minutes ago, TheSchoolintheHills said:

Was it a live class where she could interact with the other students and teachers?  My ds would love to interact with other kids - it's been a LONG year [I can see everyone nodding]!

It was a live class so there was interaction with the teacher at least. My dd is an introvert so probably didn’t go out of her way for a lot of interaction with the other students.

• Like 1