Menu

Kids Covid test related WWYD

Mrs Tiggywinkle

3 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

NYS literally changed the guidance twice since I posted yesterday. Now it’s no masks and a rapid test is okay. 
I’m probably worrying unnecessarily, because by July they’ll have changed the guidance fourteen more times.

Well, that's... good? I guess? Sounds incompetent, though. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

NYS literally changed the guidance twice since I posted yesterday. Now it’s no masks and a rapid test is okay. 
I’m probably worrying unnecessarily, because by July they’ll have changed the guidance fourteen more times.

!!

That's. Amazing? (Not quite the right word)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I honestly think I’ve been completely spoiled working one day and two nights a week for ten years making three times what I can make in a human service job, and I’m going to initially struggle adjusting to a five day a week schedule doing anything.  

Yep. Money aside, leaving the house every workday is going to be hard. 

As far as the kids, I'm not sure. I'd definitely be checking out some of the options mentioned (both now and again in a couple of weeks), and I am absolutely not above bribery for this sort of thing. If it weren't for the bribe of picking out any book she wanted from Barnes & Noble, one of my now-grown kids would probably still have never put her face in the water at the pool. 

• Like 1

The changes are coming fast. I'm thinking all restrictions will be lifted soon even though we have many areas that are not well vaxed. 

• Like 1

Wait! Really?  I haven't seen that.  Could you link for me before I buy the expensive mail in kit?

A lot of our local testing sites switched to anterior nares, which isn't as traumatic as the original protocols. 

As for your specific situation, I would email the camp and break down all the reasons their approach is dumb- timing, trauma, etc. If they don't budge, I would probably give the 9yo the option but keep the 6yo home. 

Sorry.

8 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

That is my take after today.  They have essentially dropped everything in my area.  The CDC announcement to remove masks for vaccinated simply removed masks for everyone here, and didn't budge our percentage vaccinated by even one percent.  All programs for kids are set to open without restrictions or testing.

6 hours ago, freesia said:

Wait! Really?  I haven't seen that.  Could you link for me before I buy the expensive mail in kit?

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/Child_Care_Daycamps_Detailed_Guidelines.pdf

All the way down under overnight camps, section 2. Processes part A Screening and Testing. The camp my kids are going to go to is now doing rapid testing when the kids arrive at camp, which makes a million times more sense to me.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/Child_Care_Daycamps_Detailed_Guidelines.pdf

All the way down under overnight camps, section 2. Processes part A Screening and Testing. The camp my kids are going to go to is now doing rapid testing when the kids arrive at camp, which makes a million times more sense to me.

It really does. I know the rapid isn't as reliable.  But if all the kids are going to have a number of days between testing and camp anyway, kind of defeats the purpose.  I'm glad this works out for you!  🙂

• Like 1