Menu

Do you use BlueJeans video conferencing? Please share your experiences.

Kareni

My husband has been using Zoom since (hmm, I just searched the board here) 2017 for tutoring and teaching. He's becoming disenchanted given frequent crashes and the fact that sessions are now being archived. He is researching alternatives. He considered Zoho but that has no Linux application. He is strongly considering BlueJeans. If you have experiences to share, positive or negative, I am listening.

Regards,

Kareni

Controls are not intuitive -- I still haven't figured out how to look at the chat at the same time as sharing for example.  Sharing also sometimes slows the computer down and has caused lost connectivity (vpn connectivity not internet connectivity).   Note: I have watched far more Zoom meetings than hosted so can't really compare one to one.

• Thanks 1

An organization I am part of used it before COVID.  Once the decision makers started using Zoom and Google meets for other things in their lives during COVID they realized how not-good Blue Jeans is and dropped it. 

• Thanks 1