Menu

Generation Genius: How to make a complete curriculum

I am trying to plan 2nd grade for my son.   Despite my best intentions, we did not do much science in first grade.  (My husband was battling cancer, so we had to stick with the basics in a lot of my younger son's subjects.).  

I am considering Generation Genius as a resource.  (Hoping my 2nd grade son will not fight me too much!). However, I feel like the program may lack a bit of structure.   I have sorted the lessons into categories (Biology, Geology, etc.). However, I feel the program lacks a bit of review and structure.  Maybe it needs additional reading?  Or review of some sort?   If you are using this resource, what have you added to it?

Thanks!

My DD loved Generation Genius. We did all the middle school videos this year. Yes, it does lack a bit of structure, but it was just what we needed this year. I am not sure about the younger grades, but in the 6-8 section there was a DIY activity, quiz, and teacher lesson plans with more activities for each video. We did add in some reading too.