Menu

Ground turkey recipe needed thanks!

hjffkj

I don't cook with ground meat often,  I just don't really like them all that much but I have three pounds of ground turkey I need to use today or tomorrow.  I do not want to make meatballs though.  We have no allergies but I do cook meals low non veggies carb.  Any suggestions would be helpful as I am striking out in my search for something appealing as I google. Thanks!

Just brown it with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Divide it into 3 portions and freeze.  Use anywhere you would use ground beef (Spaghetti with a bolognese sauce, baked tacos, nachos).

Baked Tacos:

• Combine hot browned turkey, taco seasonings (Cilantro, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, sugar, salt & pepper to taste), and a can of refried beans (I prefer the fat-free kind). 
  • Spoon into taco shells.  Top with shredded Mexican cheese and sliced green onions.  Put in a casserole pan.  Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes, until shells are crispy and cheese melted. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Katy said:

Just brown it with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Divide it into 3 portions and freeze.  Use anywhere you would use ground beef (Spaghetti with a bolognese sauce, baked tacos, nachos).

Baked Tacos:

• Combine hot browned turkey, taco seasonings (Cilantro, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, sugar, salt & pepper to taste), and a can of refried beans (I prefer the fat-free kind). 
  • Spoon into taco shells.  Top with shredded Mexican cheese and sliced green onions.  Put in a casserole pan.  Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes, until shells are crispy and cheese melted. 

I really don't use ground beef. , hence the needing ideas ha.  Thank you.  No need to freeze it today it is the only thawed meat so it'll be used for dinner tonight and lunch as leftovers. I would completely use it for tacos if we didn't just have fajitas.  And we don't eat pasta but maybe I can make a bolognese sauce and serve it over something else if I have a good replacement, have to check the kitchen.  thanks

• Like 1

I would just make turkey burgers (either plain or add bread crumbs/egg) or use it for chili or tacos.  My sons like to just throw it in a pan with peppers and onions and stir fry it like that with seasoning.

• Like 1

I only use ground turkey or chicken, no beef. I guess you're not thinking chili this time of year, but I like it year round, haha.

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/seriously-the-best-healthy-turkey-chili/  This recipe is *excellent*. I brown all three pounds and divide into portions. You could do half and half. Then do half scaled up with this chili recipe and freeze the other half, just marking on the bag what you need to add. It cooks down in a crockpot or instant pot very nicely. I use the lower chili amount because ds doesn't like spicy.

I also will cook the whole 3 pounds down with onion and taco seasoning then divide into quart bags. Then I can warm with beans and have instant filling for taco salad, nachos, whatever we're in the mood for. I do this often.

If you want to go a bit more involved, Ina Garten's Turkey Meatloaf is the bomb and worth the effort. 

• Like 2

We had sw style turkey chili last night. Brown the turkey, add onion and peppers and any other veggies you have that can be tossed in along with a scoop of taco seasoning. Add black beans and a can of crushed tomatoes. Serve topped with cheese, sour cream, and/or avocado. Cornbread on the side.

• Like 1

Turkey, mushroom, and spinach meatballs. Grind up the mushrooms and spinach really fine in the food processor. Mix those 3 ingredients with an egg, some bread crumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic. Bake and then stuff your face! 

• Like 1

I love ground turkey in stir fry with teriyaki sauce. I usually brown the ground turkey, remove it, then saute broccoli and carrots. I add the turkey back in and add teriyaki sauce. I chop green onions and sprinkle over it and serve with rice. 

• Like 3

you could probably sub the turkey in for the beef in this recipe:  https://www.foodiewithfamily.com/15-minute-korean-style-beef/

I mad this the other day, but no one really liked it - perhaps too bland for our taste buds?  https://www.thespicehouse.com/blogs/recipes/cheesy-southwest-breakfast-casserole

lettuce wraps?  this type of recipe is on my to-try list:  https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/healthy-turkey-lettuce-wraps/

This curry recipe was linked on this forum before:  https://dailycookingquest.com/indian-keema-ground-beef-curry.html  We do something very similar with whatever ground meat and enjoy it.

• Like 1

thanks all.  I would have done burgers but we had beef ones yesterday.  I ended up making a meatloaf because it was the most hands off thing and I know all kids will eat it, plus side are already done.  Oddly enough, I have NEVER made meatloaf before.

• Like 1