Menu

Possibly of interest regarding a “conspiracy” type claim - possibly vaccine related. Or not

Pen

FWIW - do not read it if you don’t like your current world view potentially challenged or cannot handle speculative ideas

i previously had no idea how a magnet could possibly stick to a vaccinated arm  - maybe something like this could be a way: 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24715289/

re 

nanomagnetic particles that could conceivably be introduced into body via injection 

If it was so magnetic that a magnet would stick to it strongly enough not to fall, even with layers of skin/tissue between the solution and the magnet, I would expect it to be VERY difficult to push through the metal needle. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

What's speculative about that or would challenge my world view? 
The idea is decades old: use magnetic nanoparticles for targeted cancer therapies because you can direct them to the target site via magnetic fields. 

The magnetic force exerted by the nanoparticles on any macroscopic permanent magnet will be too weak to have it stick to the body. Basic physics.

ETA: This ridiculous debate highlights once again how woefully lacking the scientific understanding of the general population is.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, regentrude said:

Now I had to look up the magnetic arm nonsense.
There are people who have massive metal plates and screws in their bodies from orthopedic surgeries. Magnets don't stick to their bodies.
The amount of material in the Covid vaccine injection is far too small, even IF it were all magnetic nanoparticles, to cause a magnet to stick to the body.

(ETA: It boggles my mind why anybody would think "they" need to inject people with a chip to track them. Folks already have a chip, with GPS tracking, that they carry constantly out of their own volition. It's called a cell phone)

Cell phone, web browser, Facebook, Amazon.  Heck, even Target has a pretty robust portfolio on every one of it's shoppers and will mail very specific, targeted ads to your home based on the portfolio. 

But hey, let's spin our wheels about non-existent vaccine microchips. It's easier to think about stuff that isn't happening than to deal with any of the actual, happening-in-real-time hard stuff going on in the world. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I tried to stick a magnet to my arm after my last COVID vaccine because my SIL sent DH some video of people supposedly doing it (and begging us not to get vaccinated). It didn't work for me or my kids, so disappointing! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, regentrude said:

What's speculative about that or would challenge my world view? 
The idea is decades old: use magnetic nanoparticles for targeted cancer therapies because you can direct them to the target site via magnetic fields. 

The magnetic force exerted by the nanoparticles on any macroscopic permanent magnet will be too weak to have it stick to the body. Basic physics.

ETA: This ridiculous debate highlights once again how woefully lacking the scientific understanding of the general population is.

Right. It would have to be some kind of supercharged special magnetism that was super strong, which - IF such a thing existed, it would be stuck to the metal of the needle.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pen said:

FWIW - do not read it if you don’t like your current world view potentially challenged or cannot handle speculative ideas

i previously had no idea how a magnet could possibly stick to a vaccinated arm  - maybe something like this could be a way: 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24715289/

re 

nanomagnetic particles that could conceivably be introduced into body via injection 

I would be interested in reading a summary by you, the OP, of what you think this article is about?  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Well. I just had my arm x-rayed due to long-lasting post-vaccination soreness. There is nothing there. 

ah, but didn't you know that the chip is designed to self-destruct when exposed to ionizing radiation? Those sneaky bastards.
Not seeing a chip on the X-ray proves this is working.

Edited by regentrude
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 24

4 hours ago, Pen said:

My worldview was not challenged and these are not speculative ideas.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, regentrude said:

ah, but didn't you know that the chip is designed to self-destruct when exposed to ionizing radiation? Those sneaky bastards.
Not seeing a chip on the X-ray proves this is working.

Since so many conspiracies are referencing Bill Gates, 5G, microchips and Covid Vaccine in the same sentence, for those who are interested in what is actually going on:

Engineers at Columbia University first developed a tiny microchip that can be used for monitoring vital signals and it is 0.1 cubic mm in size which makes it small enough to be injected. But, it has not yet been tested on humans, not approved for use, has limited capabilities and it is still under R&D and it certainly has nothing to do with injectable vaccines. Some guy on facebook put a magnified image of a hypodermic needle with a tiny microchip resting on it and wrote the text: "Did you get yours yet?" referencing the Columbia microchip.

Poor Bill Gates mentioned that we need to have "Digital Certificates" to check who has been vaccinated and who has not been vaccinated as part of the plans to reopen the economy. He meant something other than microchips when he said that. The conspiracy theorists jumped on the bandwagon and claimed that Gates engineered the Coronavirus pandemic so that he could microchip us all using the vaccine. There are a lot of politicians who have repeated this (I will not post politics here) and the Russian Communist Party has repeated this and so on.

Here is the much talked about chip:

https://www.engineering.columbia.edu/press-releases/shepard-injectable-chips-monitor-body-processes

My Google Maps app knows every single trip that I make, it sends me a monthly summary on what places I visited, gives me an automatic prompt on where I might be headed based on the past several weeks of travel history (e.g. pick up kid at 3:45 pm from sports practice etc). Why waste money on microchipping me?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

Well. I just had my arm x-rayed due to long-lasting post-vaccination soreness. There is nothing there. 

Just my anecdotal two cents. 🙂 

I don’t know whether to like or not like this because I guess it means you are still stuck with the sore arm.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mathnerd said:

Since so many conspiracies are referencing Bill Gates, 5G, microchips and Covid Vaccine in the same sentence, for those who are interested in what is actually going on:

Engineers at Columbia University first developed a tiny microchip that can be used for monitoring vital signals and it is 0.1 cubic mm in size which makes it small enough to be injected. But, it has not yet been tested on humans, not approved for use, has limited capabilities and it is still under R&D and it certainly has nothing to do with injectable vaccines. Some guy on facebook put a magnified image of a hypodermic needle with a tiny microchip resting on it and wrote the text: "Did you get yours yet?" referencing the Columbia microchip.

Poor Bill Gates mentioned that we need to have "Digital Certificates" to check who has been vaccinated and who has not been vaccinated as part of the plans to reopen the economy. He meant something other than microchips when he said that. The conspiracy theorists jumped on the bandwagon and claimed that Gates engineered the Coronavirus pandemic so that he could microchip us all using the vaccine. There are a lot of politicians who have repeated this (I will not post politics here) and the Russian Communist Party has repeated this and so on.

Here is the much talked about chip:

https://www.engineering.columbia.edu/press-releases/shepard-injectable-chips-monitor-body-processes

My Google Maps app knows every single trip that I make, it sends me a monthly summary on what places I visited, gives me an automatic prompt on where I might be headed based on the past several weeks of travel history (e.g. pick up kid at 3:45 pm from sports practice etc). Why waste money on microchipping me?

Not that I give any credence to the thing, but the difference is if I want to hide my movements I can leave my phone at home.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mathnerd said:

This is undoubtedly true for a majority of people fretting about imaginary microchips in vaccines. Ironically, I really hate all the online tracking and thus I don’t use Google maps and I use whatever tracking blockers and privacy settings and everything else I can to reduce tracking as much as possible (knowing that a significant amount of data about me is still able to be amassed), yet even I, paranoid about all the tracking that goes on these days, have not one iota of concern that Bill Gates is trying to microchip me and track my movements. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You will all be interested to know that my kid tried sticking magnets to his unvaccinated self, his half vaccinated brother and various vaccinated relatives, on assorted body parts.  One magnet got tangled in someone’s hair which I guess is technically stuck but that person was not vaccinated in the scalp. The rest fell off.

• Like 10
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Not that I give any credence to the thing, but the difference is if I want to hide my movements I can leave my phone at home.  

My credit cards, bank accounts, my retirement savings account, my medical records have undergone “data breaches” at different points in my adult life. All my spending habits and personal information are available for sale from a hacker in some Godforsaken place, I am sure! Even iCloud accounts where people keep their photos get hacked frequently. So, whether we use our phones or not, our information is on the cloud and it is hackable to the determined person.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MissLemon said:

The thing I don't understand is why Bill Gates would go to the bother of microchipping the entire planet. Like, to what end? To "control us"? Why? Just to say he did it? Who would he say it to, if we are all under his control? 

here is how Gates became the center of the conspiracy theory: MIT developed a way to encode the medical history on a patient by including a small amount of dye along with a vaccine. This dye would be invisible to the naked eye but can be seen through a special app on the phone by using infrared lighting. According to this proposal, this dye would keep a record of a child's vaccines and it was suggested that it could be used in poor countries where there are not many computers, internet availabilty or trained personnel for electronic record keeping. This technology does not involve any microchips. But, the Bill Gates Foundation funded this research at MIT. They also funded vaccine development (for other diseases) in poor countries and also funded contact tracing efforts early in the pandemic. All these factors combined along with a suspicion of wealthy and successful tech people ended up as a conspiracy theory that there is a microchip inside the vaccine that keeps track of you and Gates is funding it. In fact, all the Gates foundation was trying to do was to use technology as a tool to improve medical record keeping in poor countries. Anyway, none of this technology is available yet, and has not been tested and not been approved etc. Most of all, this has nothing to do with Covid.

Here is the MIT research paper:

https://stm.sciencemag.org/content/11/523/eaay7162

• Like 6

7 hours ago, MissLemon said:

The thing I don't understand is why Bill Gates would go to the bother of microchipping the entire planet. Like, to what end? To "control us"? Why? Just to say he did it? Who would he say it to, if we are all under his control? 

Again, not that I give any credence to all the Bill Gates conspiracies but although I totally don’t get it either there are people that seem to thrive on controlling other people for whatever reason.   And we have Napoleon or Alexander or others etc.  I don’t get it because I don’t like responsibility and I figure power and responsibility go hand in hand.  But there does seem to be a personality type that does.  I don’t think it’s impossibile that a narcissistic type person could want to control people that way.  I just don’t see Bill Gates as being that kind of person.

• Like 2

I’m in the medical field and know where vaccines are administered.  My exercise class instructor was talking about this one day two weeks ago.  Since then we have tested 7 people there at class or in the building who were curious about this since they did get the vaccine.  Only a couple of them were able to do this to themselves (perhaps because they weren’t sure or didn’t remember the exact spot where they were vaccinated).  When I did it for them (knowing where would be the most likely spot for administration), it stuck.  7 out of 7 people so far.  Both Moderna and Pfizer, with second dose having been received 2-4 weeks prior to us testing this.  We used one of those inch round magnets that often come with marker boards, if you know what I mean.  We were all floored.  So, though I do not pretend to know they how or why behind this, I am 100% convinced that those magnets stuck, independently, and they stayed there until they were physically removed from said person’s arm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Trilliumlady said:

I’m in the medical field and know where vaccines are administered.  My exercise class instructor was talking about this one day two weeks ago.  Since then we have tested 7 people there at class or in the building who were curious about this since they did get the vaccine.  Only a couple of them were able to do this to themselves (perhaps because they weren’t sure or didn’t remember the exact spot where they were vaccinated).  When I did it for them (knowing where would be the most likely spot for administration), it stuck.  7 out of 7 people so far.  Both Moderna and Pfizer, with second dose having been received 2-4 weeks prior to us testing this.  We used one of those inch round magnets that often come with marker boards, if you know what I mean.  We were all floored.  So, though I do not pretend to know they how or why behind this, I am 100% convinced that those magnets stuck, independently, and they stayed there until they were physically removed from said person’s arm.

Were they sweaty from exercising? Did you try sticking magnets on their non-vaccinated arm to see if they stuck there, too?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Trilliumlady said:

That’s interesting. Did you try sticking the magnet on any non vaccinated people? It would also be interesting to try doing it to someone who had had another type of vaccination also.

• Like 2

I've been doing magnets with a few classes the past few weeks.  I have VERY strong neodymium magnets that we are using.  None stuck to my arm where I was vaccinated.    These are magnets strong enough to control a paper clip through a three inch thick plastic table top.   

• Like 10

A couple of the original videos being circulated were posted as a joke before going viral. Their creators were interviewed by BBC.  I am  sure media would be thrilled to cover anyone  who would be  willing to be interviewed and filmed this being done close up along with their medical history.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/57207134

No one has a magnetic spot here.  I know dozens of people who have tried and posted about it at this point out of amusement.  I can't imagine a reason a "medical professional" would magically be able to make it stick when someone couldn't do it themselves.  If it's strong enough to hold a magnetic, it  shouldn't be incredibly hard to move a magnet around on your arm and feel the click if there was a pull.  That's not a huge area. I know exactly where my 2nd Pfizer was 2 weeks ago, I still have a tiny scab/bump there. 

• Like 2

I use a pemf (pulsed electromagnetic frequency) device daily and used it on my injection sites after each Pfizer dose. The intensity at the surface of the device is 6,000 gauss and I place it directly on my body. Nothing unusual happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trilliumlady said:

I’m sorry and I apologize for doubting you, but I am having a very hard time believing this story.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Happy2BaMom said:

I want to know how it's possible to fit magnetic particles and a microchip into the 2 millilitres (that's 0.4 teaspoon, BTW) of clear fluid contained in the Covid shot.

Maybe we have been getting the terminology wrong all along and they are MAGICAL particles, not MAGNETIC particles. 😉

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Trilliumlady said:

Well, I came home, pulled off my bandaid and stuck the strongest magnet we own right over the little injection dot and nothing happened. I too am wondering if you tried this on non-vaccinated people as well?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

I’m sorry and I apologize for doubting you, but I am having a very hard time believing this story.

Don’t worry, I’m not offended.  The arms were not sticky, we did this before class.  You can choose to believe or not; like I said, I’m not wanting to spend any mental bandwidth on why this might be the case.  All I’m sharing is my first hand experience.  To be honest, I’m very much not a conspiracy theorist and with just having heard about this being thrown about as a “thing,” I TOTALLY would have chalked it up to YouTube videos looking for hits.  After having seen this, however, I’m at least convinced of the fact that this does, at least in some cases, prove to be a true finding.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TCB said:

That’s interesting. Did you try sticking the magnet on any non vaccinated people? It would also be interesting to try doing it to someone who had had another type of vaccination also.

That is a good question - doing it within 4 weeks of receiving any other vaccine.  We did not try testing anyone there who had not be vaccinated, so no idea if that would have been found or not!

6 minutes ago, amiesmom said:

Well, I came home, pulled off my bandaid and stuck the strongest magnet we own right over the little injection dot and nothing happened. I too am wondering if you tried this on non-vaccinated people as well?

Nope, no non-vaccinated people.  Ours wasn’t a super duper strong magnet - just one of those round ones that come with marker boards (but stronger than the little ones that come on the back of markers that stick to same marker boards, if you know what I mean).  I wonder if you used a slightly less strong one if that would be any different?  Also curious (just cuz, ya know, I am) if you waited and tested after a week if there would be any different response?  Again, I’m not crazy psycho theorist at all - just wanting to try different things out to see if there is any pattern!

• Like 1

I tried the magnet thing on dd (15) who was vaxxed yesterday (first dose) & ds (18), vaxxed two weeks ago, as well as on dh & me (both month old +) and it didn't stick at all, including over the exact spot dd received.

I'll believe these things when they can be reliably replicated.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Trilliumlady said:

Nope, no non-vaccinated people.  Ours wasn’t a super duper strong magnet - just one of those round ones that come with marker boards (but stronger than the little ones that come on the back of markers that stick to same marker boards, if you know what I mean).  I wonder if you used a slightly less strong one if that would be any different?  Also curious (just cuz, ya know, I am) if you waited and tested after a week if there would be any different response?  Again, I’m not crazy psycho theorist at all - just wanting to try different things out to see if there is any pattern!

Well, I'm curious too. It's been 2 weeks now, I think, after dose #2 and I can't get anything to stick. I put it right over the spot I did previously and tried several different nearby areas just to see, and I tried my kids again,  still no luck. 🤷‍♀️

ETA: I even used a round magnet that came with our whiteboard to try to replicate as closely as possible. 

Edited by amiesmom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, amiesmom said:

Well, I'm curious too. It's been 2 weeks now, I think, after dose #2 and I can't get anything to stick. I put it right over the spot I did previously and tried several different nearby areas just to see, and I tried my kids again,  still no luck. 🤷‍♀️

Very interesting.  So, really, as with many things in life it boils down to - who really knows? 🙂

Again, for purposes of scientific research 😉 These people all had received both doses.  No idea if that would be a difference or not.

It would be interesting to try on non vaccinated people under the same conditions as you did the vaccinated. I think it’s impossible to say it’s a real effect until you know what would happen to them also. I love doing my own small scale experiments trying controls lol - just ask my poor long suffering kids!

Very interesting.  So, really, as with many things in life it boils down to - who really knows? 🙂

Can you post a close up video with this effect showing the magnetic pull please. Are you vaccinated yourself?

• Like 1

It’s hit or miss who will be at class when I’m there next week, but I’m willing to ask and see if they wouldn’t mind!  I had Covid within the past two months and am not vaccinated by recommendation of my healthcare provider d/t knowledge of personal health history.