Menu

Pressing paint question

AmandaVT

I can commiserate. We are trying to work with our ds in Alabama to pick paint for the new to us house. She and are trying to agree on colors so that we won't have to repaint after they move out in 3-4 years and dh retires. So we want colors we both love, and have to do this online instead of in person, and we don't have possession of the house, but after closing have only one week to accomplish all of this before we have to begin moving them in. So we are talking about painting 3200 sq ft in about four days and then three days of frantic moving before we have to get back for a music gig I have here, and then moving ds back to campus for his last year of college.

We agreed on Behr paint because Home Depot is the closest common supplier for both of us. We have no SW or BM paint stores/dealers without driving quite a long distance.

I picked up a ton of paint chips, she picked up those same ones, then we kind of weeded out as best we could in natural light. I think we have selected what we THINK will work, but since there is won't be time to grab samples and try them first, this is a big fingers crossed kind of adventure!

I hope it all works out well for everyone having to choose. 

• Like 1