Menu

Disneyworld for a day

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PeterPan said:

How is your blood sugar holding up? Did you end up taking the DAS? I wondered how the DAS is working when there is no fastpass. 

It’s been ok.  I did end up with the DAS. Every line is 90-120 minutes long and I just can’t manage the sun that long.  You scan it, they give you a time to come back, and you go through the fast pass lane.  It’s worked really good for us.

Unfortunately today was Hollywood Studios and we went one one ride and then several closed for mechanical issues, including Slinky Dog which is why we came to DW in the first place.  DD really wanted that ride but there’s no ETA for opening. We waited around for two hours and decided to just go back to the resort and hang out at the pool.  I considered just adding on tickets for tomorrow to try again, but there’s no capacity and they announced that masks are required again as of tomorrow. DD really struggles with wearing a mask in heat so I nixed that idea.

Fortunately, it wasn’t really as hot and humid as I was expecting.  Like I wore a sweatshirt yesterday afternoon. But then, I visited an island just north of the equator once and thoroughly enjoyed myself outside midday(the second degree sunburn was unpleasant though). I’m not warm until it’s 80 degrees. 

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle

You should be able to monitor online if Slinky Dog opens, and go back to Hollywood Studios tonight if slinky dog reopens. As long as you are in line at park closing, you will get to ride (barring a breakdown.)

you could go back this evening after your pool time to ride other things as Hollywood Studios closes at 8.

Edited by NewnameC

6 minutes ago, NewnameC said:

You should be able to monitor online if Slinky Dog opens, and go back to Hollywood Studios tonight if slinky dog ee opens. As long as you are in line at park closing, you will get to ride (barring a breakdown.)

That’s what we’re doing.  Just doing that poolside lol.