Menu

Disneyworld for a day

11 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

The Magic Kingdom was the hardest for us to arrange quick service kids meals at that were not going to be a steady diet of hot dog/burger/pizza/nuggets, none of which he particularly likes but will eat.  We never found a good qs there.  

We quite enjoyed Pecos Bills for a QS lunch. That said, I think I read that the fixins bar (aka: what really makes it worth eating there) is closed bc of Covid. 

Posted (edited)

Is Friar Tucks still doing the loaded spuds? Those were crazy good. You eat breakfast before the park, then your cinnamon roll midway, one solid meal, and then junk food for the rest. :biggrin:

And if you're only eating one solid meal in MK, go for a character meal with the characters she likes the best. 

Here, I'm blowing your diet. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/friars-nook/menus/lunch-and-dinner/  But they're no res, cheap, and better than you expect. Wash down with something from an ice cream stand. (peterpan float!!)

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1

I miss the ABC cafe at MGM (now Hollywood Studios).   They had a curry and rice dish that was SO good.   And it was tucked away and off the beaten path just enough that it wasn't usually too crowded.

We usually do T-Rex at Disney Springs if we have time.   And we like to go over to Animal Kingdom Lodge to eat, but with only 2 days, I would pick in-park options.

• Like 1

If it will mean the world to her, than do it. Just keep it easy going. Prioritize the things that will mean the most to her and skip the rest. This way you don't wear yourselves to frazzled trying to see it all. You do want reservations in advance because the pay at the door lines are long. It is not fun to spend precious time standing in that line.

• Like 3

Lots of good advice already, and I am probably just repeating.

You could easily spend two days at MK. When we have been at WDW, we stay from rope drop in the morning until fireworks at night (really, with no break), and we still can't see everything at MK in one day.

I agree with choosing AK as the second park, instead of Epcot. AK has two of the best shows -- Lion King and Nemo -- and has some really fun rides.

HS is my least favorite overall, but does have a couple of my favorite attractions. They have a new Star Wars land that I haven't seen yet, but it doesn't sound like that is your daughter's theme of choice.

If you just want to enjoy the Disney magic at a comfortable pace and let your daughter stop and enjoy anything, without rushing, I would do two days at MK. It's the most princessy of the parks and has a lot of fun shows. Two days will make it easy to stop early for a day or take a break in the middle, knowing that you have a whole extra day to finish what you want to see.

• Like 1

We found it helpful to watch people ride the rides on YouTube, in order to prioritize our time.

FWIW, our kids, if asked, would prefer to do one day at Universal Studios for the HP stuff, and one day at Magic Kingdom.  If they had to choose between two Disney parks, they would choose Magic Kingdom, then Hollywood Studios.  Epcot was good--the Frozen stuff was nice, but I would consider getting a park hopper pass and take the shuttle between parks. It takes a bit of time, but you can hit the highlight reel of both Epcot and another that way. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

I agree with choosing AK as the second park, instead of Epcot. AK has two of the best shows -- Lion King and Nemo -- and has some really fun rides.

HS is my least favorite overall, but does have a couple of my favorite attractions. They have a new Star Wars land that I haven't seen yet, but it doesn't sound like that is your daughter's theme of choice.

If you just want to enjoy the Disney magic at a comfortable pace and let your daughter stop and enjoy anything, without rushing, I would do two days at MK. It's the most princessy of the parks and has a lot of fun shows. Two days will make it easy to stop early for a day or take a break in the middle, knowing that you have a whole extra day to finish what you want to see.

For what it's worth -- and understanding that the situation may be different by that time -- many of the shows are not currently operating. Only in the last couple of weeks has a stripped-down version of the Festival of the Lion King show re-opened. I don't believe Nemo is open yet.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

Have you reserved your car rental yet? I'm hearing that rental prices have gone through the roof.

Haha it has. A year and half ago I paid $42 a day for a compact car in Tampa.  Right now it’s around $95 a day for the same car.

DD doesn’t know much about disneyworld, other than what she’s seen on TV and heard from some of her cousins.  So she won’t have too many expectations.

6 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

Have you reserved your car rental yet? I'm hearing that rental prices have gone through the roof.

Or further to the point, if the sister will drive to Orlando to meet you, don't even fiddle with the car rental. You don't need one in Orlando at all. Uber is super easy there.

Just now, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

DD doesn’t know much about disneyworld, other than what she’s seen on TV and heard from some of her cousins.  So she won’t have too many expectations.

Does she like Disney movies or have any favorite characters? Some kids are wild cards. My ds completely hate character meet and greets. So if she likes something at Universal like Harry Potter, a split can make sense. 

Epcot is going to have Moana eventually. It's going to be amazing. But that could be a trip two years from now.

1 minute ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Haha it has. A year and half ago I paid $42 a day for a compact car in Tampa.  Right now it’s around $95 a day for the same car.

We *love* using Uber in Orlando. So crazy easy and no parking fees. Remember, you're gonna pay through the nose to park that rental at Disney, or you can uber and get dropped off at the front. Way easier to Uber. See if your relative will come get you.

2 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Does she like Disney movies or have any favorite characters? Some kids are wild cards. My ds completely hate character meet and greets. So if she likes something at Universal like Harry Potter, a split can make sense. 

Epcot is going to have Moana eventually. It's going to be amazing. But that could be a trip two years from now.

We *love* using Uber in Orlando. So crazy easy and no parking fees. Remember, you're gonna pay through the nose to park that rental at Disney, or you can uber and get dropped off at the front. Way easier to Uber. See if your relative will come get you.

My sister might, but she has four kids and two foster kids and life is pretty busy lol. But I could Uber until we’re ready to leave and then rent a car someplace. I love Ubering anyway.

What are the booster seat laws? Will my 9-year-old need a booster? I need to consider that too if I’m Ubering. 

11 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

My sister might, but she has four kids and two foster kids and life is pretty busy lol. But I could Uber until we’re ready to leave and then rent a car someplace. I love Ubering anyway.

What are the booster seat laws? Will my 9-year-old need a booster? I need to consider that too if I’m Ubering. 

You can google, but I don't think we ever took a booster for my ds. Apparently the entire state is encapsulated in a magical bubble and it's not necessary, snort.

You might be able to catch a bus or charter or something to Tampa. It's a pretty common migration, so you might check before you hassle with the rental.

Yes, google says there are shuttles from Orlando to Tampa. And you might find your Uber driver would take you. They'll often hand you a business card and offer private services. Way cheaper than that $95 a day plus parking.

16 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Yes, google says there are shuttles from Orlando to Tampa. And you might find your Uber driver would take you. They'll often hand you a business card and offer private services. Way cheaper than that $95 a day plus parking.

That’s a good idea. She actually lives north of Tampa, but I bet we could Uber there a lot cheaper than renting a car. Once I’m there she has a car I can borrow and they’ll take me to St Pete for my return flight out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

That’s a good idea. She actually lives north of Tampa, but I bet we could Uber there a lot cheaper than renting a car. Once I’m there she has a car I can borrow and they’ll take me to St Pete for my return flight out.

You can see the uber pricing ahead of time with their website. Sometimes they don't like to do a long way one way because they figure they won't get a ride for the way back. But sometimes they'll do it. Or a private shuttle. There are lots of private services now that will drive for around the same price as uber. 

I only rented a car the first couple times I did Orlando. After that, uber uber. Even with a SN stroller. :biggrin:

Posted (edited)

So I emailed a vacation planning company a friend used for WDW, and got this in reply:

I priced out 2 day tickets for you and your daughter and its pricing at $678.41. I highly, highly suggest not waiting if this is something you are thinking about doing. Reason being is the park reservations are flying off the shelf. I checked the Park Reservations Calendar for availability and Epcot is the only one open on the 28th and MK is open on the 29th.  These reservations for the parks can be made through the My Disney Experience app as soon as tickets are purchased. 

except this is $150 more than what the website is telling me, and the WDW website tells me there’s still plenty of park availability on my dates. Does she have access to something I don’t?

I can’t really buy tickets until I go back to work next week.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle

oh how exciting!  We went about 5 years ago and my kids had fun.  The disney frozen show was hilarious!  I highly recommend that one if it's still around.

No, I wouldn't stay on sight.

Splurge on the fast pass.  totally worth it. 

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! 

If you can swing it and she would love it, go for it.

If, on the other hand she would love a nice place to stay with a great pool area with slides, lazy river, etc., Ordering out for pizza, etc and/or Sea world or the Tampa zoo or Clearwater Aquarium (where Winter the dolphin is) then do something else special for her.

My own kids did Disney twice with Make a Wish (2 kids got wishes) and it was fun and nice but we would enjoy the other much more and have a lot less crowds.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I can’t really buy tickets until I go back to work next week.

It *is* true they are limiting reservations and that you want to make sure there are dates available. However if you need to wait you wait. And you can always call Disney and buy your tickets directly through them or buy directly through the Disney website. It may be that she was pricing with Park Hopper (which is way more) rather than single park. 

You really want to crunch it through the Disney website anyway. They may be running some deal that you'd end up liking. 

If the dates fill up, more may open. It's in flux because the capacity limits, line spacing requirements, etc. keep changing. By the time your proposed dates come, all this stupidity could be over anyway and they could be back at 100%. The word on the street is they'll keep the reservation system simply because it's to their advantage BUT spots could open up even if you think you've missed out.

• Like 1

Btw, you will see in that video that pass availability depends on where you're staying. So that may end up pushing you toward a Disney resort. You can decide that when you're ready to buy. It didn't sound like you were clicking with that travel agent very well. You can do it through the site yourself if you want.

14 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

We quite enjoyed Pecos Bills for a QS lunch. That said, I think I read that the fixins bar (aka: what really makes it worth eating there) is closed bc of Covid. 

We might have to try that next time, then. :)

Our solution for the last two trips has been to default to Magic Kingdom being a table service day: Skipper Canteen at lunch and the California Grill at dinner.  Our last trip we were there for 10 days and did a second day with BoG and The Wave.

1 hour ago, HomeAgain said:

We might have to try that next time, then. 🙂

Our solution for the last two trips has been to default to Magic Kingdom being a table service day: Skipper Canteen at lunch and the California Grill at dinner.  Our last trip we were there for 10 days and did a second day with BoG and The Wave.

So many food places, so little time!!

If you wanna drop some $$, Liberty Tree Tavern was soooo good. We didn't plan to eat there because it's only TS and it's $$, but we hit a point in our day where we were exhausted and hungry and we just wanted to sit somewhere cool, with no crowds, and EAT! We were walking by it, popped in, and were lucky to grab a spot. 

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

If you wanna drop some $$, Liberty Tree Tavern was soooo good. We didn't plan to eat there because it's only TS and it's $$, but we hit a point in our day where we were exhausted and hungry and we just wanted to sit somewhere cool, with no crowds, and EAT! We were walking by it, popped in, and were lucky to grab a spot. 

Right now you have to join a virtual “walk up” line through the app. For just 2 people, you may get lucky. And I agree- liberty tavern is yummy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

I'm going to be honest - while I like the food at Liberty Tree, and the atmosphere, the bathrooms are another story.  There are only 2 or 3 stalls, if I remember correctly, and I ended up leaving the restaurant to use the one around the corner because the line was so long.

Slight tangent: I really wish they had something like Walt's at WDW, or the Blue Lagoon/Blue Bayou (we've eaten at San Angel Inn at Epcot and it comes close).  But the MK is really missing that sort of atmosphere of quiet and calm in the middle of chaos.  Youngest DS is a bit......high strung sometimes, almost like he takes after his mama.  😄 He's very much my checklist kid, who likes order and routine. A lot of our meals end up being at 10:30 or 4:30, to give him a chance to decompress and relax if we don't go back to the hotel because the places are more empty.   He was 3 the last time we ate at Walt's and it was brilliant. It gave him a chance to see the parade from a distance, have a quiet meal, and get himself ready to go back to the fun.  There are other ways to help him decompress in the park, but it seems like it's hit or miss.  The cartoon cinema hiding on Main Street was a good spot for a while.  Then it was removed.  Our last trip to WDW we ended up finding another good secret for him - the parade can be seen from Tom Sawyer's Island and it's not crowded.  But that requires making sure we get over there in time. 

Our next trip will be to the Land.  I am really hoping some of the places I remember are still there, but if not, we're planning to stay across the street at a Good Neighbor hotel to make it easy to go back and forth.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

I'm going to be honest - while I like the food at Liberty Tree, and the atmosphere, the bathrooms are another story.  There are only 2 or 3 stalls, if I remember correctly, and I ended up leaving the restaurant to use the one around the corner because the line was so long.

Wow that's disappointing, because some of the bathrooms at Disney are pretty good! My bladder has a mission to catalog them all. :biggrin:

38 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

But the MK is really missing that sort of atmosphere of quiet and calm in the middle of chaos. 

That was BOG until they destroyed it by ending lunch. Let me think. Swiss Family Robinson tree. The line at Space Mountain (counter productive because then you rev up again, haha). 

39 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Our last trip to WDW we ended up finding another good secret for him - the parade can be seen from Tom Sawyer's Island and it's not crowded. 

Ok, you are BRILLIANT!!

41 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

we've eaten at San Angel Inn at Epcot and it comes close).

Yes, yes!!! I dream of eating there again. Ds isn't so crazy for the food, but I love it. And like you're saying it's that perfect peaceful spot. You have to find them. 

We're due to go back to FL in 2022 for a cruise, and I really haven't decided if we'll try WDW again. We'll be there and we could. I just don't know, sigh. It's so great for me and so much work with him. Cruising is the ultimate with him, because there is both a ton to do and lots of ways to get breaks and go at your own pace, no pressure. So he gets his perfect vacation and I get mine. Even though I love Disney, I like us together on a cruise better, lol. It's an actual vacation as opposed to work.

4 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Wow that's disappointing, because some of the bathrooms at Disney are pretty good! My bladder has a mission to catalog them all. :biggrin:

🤣 Someone else who tours Disney like I do! 🤣🤣🤣  You should have seen my first trip report 12 years ago.  I wrote a 5 page story when we got home and it definitely had reviews.

Pro tip: The ones behind the Cheshire Cafe are worth skipping, with everyone in the family voting unanimously on that one. Walk all the way to Tangled if you have to.  😄

That was BOG until they destroyed it by ending lunch. Let me think. Swiss Family Robinson tree. The line at Space Mountain (counter productive because then you rev up again, haha). 

Yep, we end up doing the treehouse after Skipper Canteen.  :) And The Tiki Room - not super quiet, but it lets ds focus on a single thing at a time and isn't too loud or boisterous.  Still a lot of people for him all grouped in, though.  BoG, maybe we went on an off day.  It was very busy with lots of rowdy children. 

Okay, the lines.  I have to laugh because it reminded me of Goofy's Barnstormer.  That is a very relaxing walk to the exit after getting off the coaster.  In fact, it is so long that I have a video of us walking briskly from the platform to the gate and it's at least a full minute of us and the family behind us saying things like, "is this a maze?" "Are we ever going to get out of here?"  "Maybe we went the wrong way." 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just checked on the Disney website, and Hollywood Studios is already booked up for July 28 and 29. The other parks all show a availability those days, but that could change quickly. You do need to purchase your tickets as soon as you can to have more choices for parks. When I was planning my trip that is in June, Hollywood Studios was sold out first, a d Magic Kingdom was the second park to be sold out. Epcot is usually the last park to sell out.

Dining reservations open up 60 days out, so July 28 isn’t open for reservations until tomorrow, but reservations for restaurants get filled up quickly each morning. I just checked for 9/27 at MK, and the only “lunch” times available are at 2:30 or later. Reservations will open up later as people change their plans, but the most popular places are always difficult to get.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We gave her her birthday present tonight, and she was familiar enough with hearing about DW that she knew where she wanted to go/what rides and possible shows.

I was somehow able to snag Hollywood Studios for July 29 even though it was booked when I looked earlier. So we are going to Magic Kingdom July 28 and Hollywood Studios July 29.  I’m really excited I got HS because it turns out that’s where she’d like to go most of all.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I’m really excited I got HS because it turns out that’s where she’d like to go most of all.

Yay!!! 

Food at HS, hmm.  Lunch at the SciFi https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/sci-fi-dine-in-theater/  Try hard to get this. Like join that site I linked earlier with the reservation finder and try for it. It's not crazy expensive, but it's really good food, really good milkshakes, and DARK, ie. a good break. And they run reasonably on time in my small experience. 

I'm saying that, but maybe she wants a character meal? Like I said, my ds won't do them. And they're LOUD sometimes. The one in HS has reviews saying it's loud, so be careful if that's an issue. 

All the other food I've had at HS was fine. 50s Prime Time is reliably good but they run so late that it eats up a lot of time.

There's an ice cream stand outside Rockin Roller Coaster/Tower of Terror that has massively big ice cream sandwiches on the cheap. Like your whole meal. And there are some other deals like this. Supposedly sometimes one of the stands will have baked potatoes. I haven't been since they got Star Wars. Is the food there good? 

There's so much great stuff to do in HS with the expansions. The Frozen singalong is magical and the B&B is surprisingly good (expected but good!!) And no bad rides, mercy. 

I'm so glad you get to do this!!! You know what you might do is take a day between the two parks. That way you can stay late at MK, banging it out, sleep in the next day and do a character meal at a resort, putt putt, hit Disney Springs for dinner, etc. Then do HS the next day. That way both days you can wake up at hit the parks running, early as possible. If you're going to be there three days, it can be a plan. 

Are you going to work on her walking to build her up? It's a lot of walking!! I forget what they usually say, but basically build her up as much as you can. Miles. Or an hour. 

Have lots of fun!!! If you hit a Disney store,  you might be able to get matching shirts before you go. 

As others said, it will be hot, humid, and crowded. If you only have one day, go to the Magic Kingdom and do all you can there. Better to fully enjoy just one park than stress yourself and your dd out by trying to do/see too much. And my recommendation for people who only have time for one park and have never been (or haven't been in years) is always MK.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:29 PM, FuzzyCatz said:

Just know it is going to be HOT and BUSY.  That would be the absolute  last time of year I would choose to go.  They are still requiring masks.  I would maybe plan to go early, take a mid day break if you are able to be on site, and go back in the evening.  It may be quite a bit cheaper to get something offsite though.  You could possibly hit 2 parks that way if you paid for park hopper.  

ETA - if you wanted a good mid day break, you could make a reservation for a fancier sit down restaurant experience.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:30 PM, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I actually think we’ll do two days. Epcot one day and Magic Kingdom the next; then head to my sister’s in Tampa late that night. I’ve driven from Orlando to Tampa so I know it’s a ways but I think I’m good with it.

You can easily do two days at Magic Kingdom though as others said if you want to do two parks, consider Animal Kingdom as your other choice.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, PeterPan said:

We call it Mission Puke... Ds asks to go on it over and over to see how long I'll last. :biggrin:

I refuse to even try that ride. 🤢  I do like Test Track though. It's my main reason for going to Epcot other than the countries. 

On 5/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, DawnM said:

They are no longer requiring masks outside.   You only need to wear them inside.

There's talk they'll be dropping the indoor mask requirement so it might not be required by the time the OP is there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Food at HS, hmm.  Lunch at the SciFi https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/sci-fi-dine-in-theater/  Try hard to get this. Like join that site I linked earlier with the reservation finder and try for it. It's not crazy expensive, but it's really good food, really good milkshakes, and DARK, ie. a good break. And they run reasonably on time in my small experience. 

I'm saying that, but maybe she wants a character meal? Like I said, my ds won't do them. And they're LOUD sometimes. The one in HS has reviews saying it's loud, so be careful if that's an issue. 

Funny, bc my first thought when you said SciFi is how incredibly loud it is!  A cool setup but it was not at all a relaxing break for us. None of the character meals ever had us reaching for the Advil like that did, but we never did the HS one. 

5 hours ago, katilac said:

Funny, bc my first thought when you said SciFi is how incredibly loud it is!  A cool setup but it was not at all a relaxing break for us. None of the character meals ever had us reaching for the Advil like that did, but we never did the HS one. 

This is my only neurotypical child. And she loves noise and chaos.  Her aunt has eaten at Be our Guest several times and told her all about it, so that was one place she wanted to go.  And I actually scored a reservation on our MK day!

She also loves Disney characters and I did get a lunch reservation at HS’s character dining restaurant for the day we are at HS.  We fly in July 27 and I have to fly back July 31, and drive her from Orlando to my sister’s in Tampa, so we won’t really have time for a rest day.  She spend a few weeks every summer in Tampa, so we know it’s going to be hot, humid and miserable during the day.   I did score on site hotel accommodations for cheaper then I could stay off site once resort fees are added in. Go figure.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, katilac said:

I wonder if it's the park level that has it change.  Sci-Fi was not my favorite, but it was a good place for ds even though we were sitting right in the center of the restaurant.  Dark, most conversations at a murmur, and repetitive screen.
The negative: it shares bathrooms with the commissary.

Mrs. T, you are probably not going to get in the ride queue for Rise of The Resistance (there's a whole protocol for that dh spent time practicing for), but Star Wars land has 2 water bottle stations, one toward the front and one all the way in the back.  I brought a collapsible water bottle with us and refilled often.  Star Tours is old but still a lot of fun.

The ice cream sandwiches are worth it.  I don't even like ice cream and they're worth it.  They're to the left of Rockin' Roller Coaster when looking at it.  There's also the option of getting a mini Kitchen Sink on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom, but the line is incredibly long for that.  The ice cream sandwich is a better deal, I think.
If you need a bit of quiet, hiding near Toy Story land is a mini-museum dedicated to Walt.  It is currently part of the area used for a meet'n'greet, but ds loved looking at the history of animation and the parks and no interest in meeting a character.

• Like 2

I’m so glad this is all working out for you and your daughter.

Staying on-site will also mean you can use Disney transportation from the airport to your hotel.

Disney’s Magical Express Service provides transportation for Disney Resort hotel Guests between Orlando International Airport and their Disney Resort hotel via motorcoach. Reservations are required to use this service. 

Disney’s Magical Express service will no longer be offered starting with arrivals January 1, 2022. The service will continue to operate for new and existing reservations made at Disney Resort hotels for arrivals throughout 2021. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 6:25 AM, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I did score on site hotel accommodations for cheaper then I could stay off site once resort fees are added in. Go figure.

Do you mean you're staying on site at Disney? That's one of our favorite parts! What resort? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, katilac said:

Do you mean you're staying on site at Disney? That's one of our favorite parts! What resort? 

We’re staying at All-Star Movies. I know the rooms are small, but it’s just two of us(and one doesn’t even weigh 70 pounds lol)

We are flying into Orlando-Sanford so I don’t know if they automatically have transportation to DW.

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

We’re staying at All-Star Movies. I know the rooms are small, but it’s just two of us(and one doesn’t even weigh 70 pounds lol)

Oh, we've stayed there with 4 people, it's fine.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

We are flying into Orlando-Sanford so I don’t know if they automatically have transportation to DW.

No, only if you fly into MCO. You'll need to uber or make a plan. 

https://orlandosuntransportation.com/sanford-airport-rates.html  I haven't used this company, but shuttles like this can be an option. 

Edited by PeterPan

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

We are flying to Orlando July 27.  I got a great package deal for All Star Movies that was cheaper than staying off site, so we’re staying there. One day at MK and one day at Hollywood Studios, then I am renting a car and driving DD to my sister’s in Tampa.  We’ll have to Uber from the airport to the hotel.

She is so excited. even though I’ve tried to explain how hot and miserable Orlando in July is. 

am considering getting a DAS pass because I am diabetic and sometimes high heat and humidity make my blood sugar drop(like the 85 degree with 95% humidity here right now), but I also don’t really feel disabled either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

We are flying to Orlando July 27.  I got a great package deal for All Star Movies that was cheaper than staying off site, so we’re staying there. One day at MK and one day at Hollywood Studios, then I am renting a car and driving DD to my sister’s in Tampa.  We’ll have to Uber from the airport to the hotel.

She is so excited. even though I’ve tried to explain how hot and miserable Orlando in July is. 

am considering getting a DAS pass because I am diabetic and sometimes high heat and humidity make my blood sugar drop(like the 85 degree with 95% humidity here right now), but I also don’t really feel disabled either.

Get the DAS pass. Do what ya gotta do to make this the easiest day possible because that increases and prolongs the fun for dd.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...