Menu

I think I need the power of the hive

8 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Could I please have positive thoughts that a lockdown will be held off until after Saturday.

please

I really really want to be present at my DD wedding. and I really want her siblings to be there

Positive thoughts!

is there any chance you and other family  could get early leave for a few days to travel to wedding spot now when there is not lockdown ? 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

Praying and sending positive thoughts. 

But based on my reality of not just COVID lockdown, but even before may I suggest planning for live stream in the event of people not being able to come in person.

I hope with all my heart there is no lockdown and everyone will be able to participate in person, but in the remote event of that not happening I can say from experience though video is a poor substitute, the joy of participation is very much there. 

Live streaming will not be an option at this wedding. 

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, lauraw4321 said:

Could they come early? Praying for you.

Wish that was a solution. 

If they go into snap lockdown then it does not matter if you are already in a location.  Last time They just reduced the numbers of people able to attend to 5 - bride, groom, 2 witnesses and the  photographer. The celabrant doesn't count

• Sad 10

We have snap lock downs here to enable contact tracers to get on top of an emerging cluster. Sydney had one over Christmas. Restrictions on private gatherings are generally included, including strict guest limits for both weddings and funerals. 

It's going to be a nervous wait for Melissa and DD today 🙁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lauraw4321 said:

Could they come early? Praying for you.

The problem is not getting there but getting home for SA people.  If they cross the border and then SA shuts the border they will have to either wait it out or go into hotel quarantine when they come home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

I am already at wedding spot. 

Last time there was a snap lockdown weddings were only allowed to have 5.

oh! Omg I did not realize it would be that few people allowed at all. Is that regardless of inside or outside? 

5 would tend to be bride, groom, officiant, and ? just two others?    That seems overly tight especially if many are already household family members in ordinary living  .  

reminds me of local more severe lockdown time when numbers allowed together were fewer than some nuclear families we know

well, positive thoughts continuing!!!

42 minutes ago, Pen said:

oh! Omg I did not realize it would be that few people allowed at all. Is that regardless of inside or outside? 

5 would tend to be bride, groom, officiant, and ? just two others?    That seems overly tight especially if many are already household family members in ordinary living  .  

reminds me of local more severe lockdown time when numbers allowed together were fewer than some nuclear families we know

well, positive thoughts continuing!!!

When my relatives were married last year it was bride, groom, celebrant and two witnesses.  They set it up so they could be married in a garden where some parents and family could watch from nearby houses.  The rest of us watched by livestream.  During that lockdown there was no distance from home limits etc and they are rural so we all drove to a point by the side of the road and held signs and banners etc and waved the couple on.  It was kind of nice in an odd kind of way.  Another couple we know just chose to have a tiny wedding with them and celebrant.   Another couple were looking at a wedding a little after the Parafield pizza bar cluster event and ended up rushing theirs to beat the lockdown.  Because the lockdown was so short they could likely have managed a normal wedding when the date came around but it was really hard to know ahead of time how long it would last or how successful the lockdown would be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Junie said:

(((Melissa)))

Is it possible to have the wedding on Friday night if the lockdown is going to take place on Saturday?

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this extra stress. 😞

No, it'll be a week from midnight Thursday (tonight.)
Hoping they don't lock down Melissa's region. There doesn't seem any reason to, but they tend to be a bit city-centric.