Menu

DDP Yoga - Where Do I Start?

scbusf

I'm thinking about doing the 3 month subscription on the DDP Yoga app. 

Tell me about your experience with it, please. I really need something to get excited about doing. It would be great to lose weight, but I really need to focus on being more active and getting in better shape.

• Like 1

I started all the way down at the chair level. According to recommendations I could have started with beginner.  I have a lot of old injuries, plantar fasciitis and chronic SI joint pain so I decided to start easier.  It's basically been like whole body physical therapy for me.  I have lost weight probably more diet than the ddpy.  My pain level is way down like  from 5/6 daily to 2/3.  My mobility and balance have also improved.  I can do stairs like a normal person at the beginning of the year I could only step up with my right leg.

• Like 4

I bought it because I was watching my Mom's mobility deteriorate before my eyes and because I've had a lot of trouble with stiffening up of my own hips and hammies over the past few years.

We started at the Bed Flex series (using mats on the floor). After 6 weeks we bounce around between the floor (bed flex) and chair (up to Chair level 3), because I'm going at my Mom's pace. 

She went from not being able to walk around the block (flat, paved) without severe lower back pain to being up and around on her feet on the farm for over an hour, walking into the pasture and back (uneven rocky terrain, slight downhill and uphill de/in-clines) in 3 weeks using DDPY.

I am also noticing more hip flexibility and less tension in hips/glutes/hams for myself, but am not using it at a "push level" for myself that would produce big gains yet.

• Like 3

I started with the Stand Strong level.   So much depends on where you are starting from.....exercise wise, injuries, balance, etc.

I have been doing it faithfully for over a year now and am down almost 60# and have much better strength and balance.

• Like 3

I started with Beginner. I have been doing it for a little over 2 months and have lost almost 20 lbs. I had a lot of stiffness in my right hip that is 95% gone now. I still have a lot more weight to lose (about 60lbs), but I can now feel developing muscle underneath the fat.

The weight loss will came mostly from diet change. DDP says in several places "You can't out train a bad diet". So if you are eating pizza, pasta, and take out often, you won't be able to counteract that through working out. 

• Like 2