Menu

Bathing suit for 13 yo girl

teachermom2834

Ordering is out as I need it quickly. She is a women’s medium in most tops and a small (or sometimes a M) in things like leggings. So maybe a size 6 womens. ? 

I meant to order from Lands End but an event snuck up on me and I need is sooner. Does Sears still sell LE in store? Is Sears even still in business? I am obviously not a shopper. 

She would wear a tankini or a one piece. She isn’t particularly picky except that she is covered and not having to pull at and adjust her suit to keep her parts covered. While she isn’t unusually modest she really probably would choose a tank that is not high cut on the legs or low cut on top. Honestly while she is technically a “junior” she needs either a little girl type suit or a “mom suit”. The last suit she had was a tank with shorts and a skirt she could pull on over it. 

I am very close Target, Kohl’s, Walmart, and I think there is a Belk in the mall. I can drive 30 minutes and get to most common department stores. 

I feel this is going to be a difficult task. Anyone have luck lately anyplace I don’t have to order online? I’d like to prioritize my stores in order of most likely to have something first. 

Just now, ktgrok said:

I hate walmart bathing suits - they always fit funny. 

Target may have something, or do you have a JC Penny's near you? They have the biggest variety of women's suits I've ever found anywhere. 

The last time we found a suit for her it was at a JC Penny's. Ours closed but I think I could probably find on in reasonable driving distance.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Do you have an Athleta? They are expensive, but my daughter loves their suits. They don’t wear out and they don’t move. Everything stays in place. 

We actually do have one in the bigger town over where they also still have a JC Penney. This is a good suggestion and I wouldn't have thought of it. I'll try JC Penney for something cheaper but I can move up the cost scale as needed. 

• Like 1

These are all good suggestions in the town 30 minutes away. I feel like the bathing suit adventure will be more fruitful and less frustrating if I just drive over there rather than going from Walmart to Target etc. trying for find something. I wouldn't have even thought of Academy or Athleta but I bet I can find one at one of those for sure. That's why I ask questions here. LOL 

• Like 1

Update- we decided to make a local Kohls run. I had looked online and saw one suit that might work in stock. When we got there she actually found several. We came home with two suits but she had about 6 that would have worked and she really liked. So I was pleasantly surprised. 

Edited by teachermom2834
  • Like 6