Menu

What happened to Tapestry of Grace?!

ktgrok

Every few years I sneak over and look at their curriculum and drool a bit, even though after trying it once I know I'll never buy it. Went over today and it is all changed! Spools and threads and stitches and new schedules but no samples and?!?! I really would not have thought they could make TOG MORE confusing...and I was wrong, lol. 

I just wanted to drool over a bunch of books and such! This is...not satisfying. 

They’re under new leadership and have been sending emails regularly about the upcoming changes for months. As a retired hs mum, I wish the changes had been around earlier. To name a few, they’ve done away with the much hated LockLizard, they have more co-op support, the books are being updated as well as the store and interface. For dedicated Tapestry users this is all quite a win. But yes, if you haven’t kept up over the last year, it is a lot of change to take in. 

1 hour ago, Holmesschooler said:

They’re under new leadership and have been sending emails regularly about the upcoming changes for months. As a retired hs mum, I wish the changes had been around earlier. To name a few, they’ve done away with the much hated LockLizard, they have more co-op support, the books are being updated as well as the store and interface. For dedicated Tapestry users this is all quite a win. But yes, if you haven’t kept up over the last year, it is a lot of change to take in. 

Have you seen the website? It is so confusing...things are sort of mixed up and seem to me to be not in any particular order, there are no samples to see, etc. Maybe it just isn't done yet? Cause I can't figure it out at all now. 

Edited by ktgrok

5 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Have you seen the website? It is so confusing...things are sort of mixed up and seem to me to be not in any particular order, there are no samples to see, etc. Maybe it just isn't done yet? Cause I can't figure it out at all now. 

I have. I am still seeing some samples available: 

https://tapestryofgrace.com/product/year-1-tapestry-of-grace/

Here are some of the other free samples available that look to be from the newer products: 

https://tapestryofgrace.com/product-category/curriculum/?filter_curriculum-type=free-samples

I do think they are still very much in the midst of updating per the latest email. I tried to open my digital curriculum files out of curiosity and it still activated lock-lizard. Apparently I am not one of the ones who has been transitioned which is fine as I don't have any need to access at this point. I can access all of my items, still through lock-lizard, but I believe Year 1 has been fully transitioned over to PDF, which would have been fantastic. Lock Lizard was so cumbersome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I think maybe some of the stuff I was looking at hasn't been done yet? I really wanted to see the Planning Aids, to see a daily breakdown, something I know people had asked for. I was looking at a later year/unit, and didn't see a sample, but I can see a sample of year 1, so that works for now. 

It is definitely under construction. I am a long time user...I'm looking forward to the death of Locklizard. So far we are still waiting for our stuff to be uploaded to the new system. If you are interested in TOG, you should probably check back in a month or so. Maybe by then it will be more understandable.

• Like 1