Menu

clothing store with soft, comfy, cotton clothing?

ktgrok

I want to give my mom a gift certficate for some clothes - she likes soft, comfy, classic, and cotton. Any thoughts? I found Soft Surrounds or whatevr it is called..but $70 for a tshirt is a bit much for me. A gift certificate I would buy wouldn't go very far. 

Edited by ktgrok

I love Lands End, they have lots of 100% cotton as well as cotton with a little lycra or spandex for extra stretch. The Starfish and Sport Knit lines include lots of pull-on pants, capris, and shorts in cotton knit or cotton/lycra blends, and they have lots of soft cotton tee shirts in tunic lengths with short or 3/4 sleeves. The only Lands End items I've found that don't last a long time are the Starfish jeans in denim — they're super stretchy and comfortable but the denim is quite thin and can wear out. The black Starfish jeans are a heavy cotton knit that last really well and don't tend to get baggy knees like most knit pants. And Lands End often has 40% off sales, so a coupon would go really far!  

Last Sunday my wife and I took our first outing together since the pandemic and one of our stops took us to the boho district of Silverlake here in LA. As we were walking to our intended stop, we passed a small shop that had an odd display of raw cotton t-shirts hung in mass. We got sucked inside. They sure were soft.

I wasn't sure that the raw cotton look wasn't too crunchy for my taste (and I did not want to look at the price tag) but it was nice cotton. For sure.

So I just did a little internet sleuthing on your behalf and I discovered this little store has an online presence. And in addition to raw cotton they have items dyed with things like fermented indigo (12 times dipped).

I'd have guessed the price would be stratospheric, but was surprised a t-shirt was $35. Not super-cheap, but not outlandish (considering).

Here is a link, if you are interested:

Bill

https://industryofallnations.com/collections/all

• Like 2

Loft?   There is an outlet closely and we're been able to find a decent amount of leggings and soft shirts and sweaters. Lands End is really short of stock right now---tried to place an order a couple of weeks ago and there was hardly anything in particular sizes.  Honestly, for 100% cotton, I'd be looking at amazon. It's super easy to assort there. Gap and Old Navy also carry a larger amount of 100% cotton clothes than they used to, fwiw. 

• Like 1

Oh man, I was going to suggest Soft Surroundings. I can't really afford much from them, but the top I got there 10 years ago is still going strong despite being worn and washed weekly for 6 months a year and looks brand new. The quality is really good and they stay soft. 

9 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Loft?   There is an outlet closely and we're been able to find a decent amount of leggings and soft shirts and sweaters. Lands End is really short of stock right now---tried to place an order a couple of weeks ago and there was hardly anything in particular sizes.  Honestly, for 100% cotton, I'd be looking at amazon. It's super easy to assort there. Gap and Old Navy also carry a larger amount of 100% cotton clothes than they used to, fwiw. 

Oh! I know she shops there a lot - or did pre covid, lol. I'll keep that one in mind!