Menu

What do you use to keep your plans for the day organized?

PeterPan

I already have a calendar app for appointments and Things for shopping and project lists. What do you do about the rest? It's just all in your head or you write things out somewhere? An app? Whiteboard? Something different? Or it's just routine and happens naturally?

I off and on keep a bullet journal, in which I line up what my week should look like, and then daily I have a to do list (sometimes). Otherwise it’s all in my head. This is probably not very helpful to you; there are times it isn’t helpful to me.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Emba said:

I off and on keep a bullet journal, in which I line up what my week should look like, and then daily I have a to do list (sometimes). Otherwise it’s all in my head. This is probably not very helpful to you; there are times it isn’t helpful to me.

That's a good point that you have your idealism and routines and then you have the extra doodads (what for dinner, special things). 

Paper calendar for dr's appointments, travel dates, events.
For work, I write a list for each day (no app; paper and colored markers): fixed time things (class, meetings) in one color, to-do things in other color.

I rarely write a shopping list, don't know what a "project list" would be, and very rarely I make a to-do list for household stuff - usually only if I want to feel good about crossing off things. Stuff usually just gets done.
What things were you thinking about?

Edited by regentrude
  • Thanks 1

Honestly? The "Tackling (Today) Together" thread here on the WTM. 

I come, post my list in the morning, check in as I do things throughout the day, refer back to my original post when I forget what else I have to do, etc. Also write down anything I do that wasn't on the list, so I feel productive. 

I'm sure there are non-forum based options, but this works for me so far. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, regentrude said:

For work, I write a list for each day (no app; paper and colored markers): fixed time things (class, meetings) in one color, to-do things in other color.

You may have solved the great problem of the universe! You're right, the problem with lists is everything looks equal importance if it's all in the same color. But using colors solves all that. I use colors in my calendar app, because each person has their own color. 

11 minutes ago, regentrude said:

I rarely write a shopping list, don't know what a "project list" would be, and very rarely I make a to-do list for household stuff - usually only if I want to feel good about crossing off things. Stuff usually just gets done.
What things were you thinking about?

Now knock 30 points off your IQ and bang your head a bit, haha. I use lists for anything I don't want to forget. I use a post it to know what stores I was trying to go to when I go to town or I forget when I get there, lol. So I would have to write out any of the grand ideas from my morning routines thread to get them done. 

It may mean something as simple as a post it note would do, lol. Basically I'm just trying to organize my brain for the things that are nonroutine, like what I'm planning to make for dinner, what I'm planning to work on, etc. while also having a few prompts for recurring plans. I've tried doing once a week planning and I drop it hot fast. Apparently I have no character or am a character, lol. 

17 minutes ago, Katy said:

I experiment with different planners & lists every 6 months or so.  None of them is ever perfect. 

Thank you for this optimism, lol. :biggrin:

I think where that's going is the simplest thing that gets it basically done is good enough and that I can think through what is recurring and what is specific to the day. It used to be apple let you have virtual stickies on your desktop and they could be color coded, have fonts, etc. I could see if I could have those again via an app. Maybe synced between desk top and phone. Then I could have stickies for each day and type my special things in. 

20 minutes ago, TheReader said:

The "Tackling (Today) Together" thread here on the WTM. 

I come, post my list in the morning, check in as I do things throughout the day, refer back to my original post when I forget what else I have to do, etc. Also write down anything I do that wasn't on the list, so I feel productive. 

I think that's what's evidence based, whether it's social or on your own. I've seen that thread, but apparently I'm not social enough to enjoy the logic, lol. But it makes sense why it's working for you!

https://www.amazon.com/GoGirl-Planner-Organizer-Productivity-Management/dp/B07QC2ZNSJ/ref=sr_1_33?dchild=1&keywords=planner%2Bundated%2Bpink&qid=1621430530&sr=8-33&th=1

I have the above planner. It's really helpful for me to put things on paper, rather than using an app. I like this one, because it's undated -- I tend to use it in spurts, rather than consistently, and being able to write the dates in means I don't waste pages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My brain is on Google calendar. Yearly, monthly, weekly stuff is all on there. If that ever goes down, I'm sunk. đŸ˜¬Â To do lists and projects and timed appts are all on it, but generally not school - I keep paper lists for school. Each night I go over the next day's list and write it all out on a post it note in the order it makes sense for it all to happen. I like to have the paper copy to mark stuff off and because I don't want to constantly be opening my phone when I don't have to ... there's a lot of temptation to just check FB real quick or whatever if I do that. And a post it note is easily portable.

Daily things like laundry and household chores happen by habit. School gets its own list and during "school hours" (generally 9ish-12ish and 2ish-5ish) I refer to that list instead of my post it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a paper calendar (yearly notebook) for odds and ends stuff--like documenting when I change the Brita filter, descale the coffee maker or run a "clean machine" cycle on the washing machine, which rotating injection site I need to use for my weekly medication, making notes for things I need to remember to do in the future (like "call Dr. M in May to schedule July appointment), etc. DH and I have a shared Google calendar for personal appointments, family/friend birthdays, when the dogs need their flea or heart worm pills, when the HVAC filters are due to be changed, when vehicle inspections are due, etc. If I have an unusually large number of things that need to be done in a day I'll jot down a "to do" list on a sticky note. Generally, but not always, I list things in descending order from most to least important. It makes me feel less stressed and keeps me on task when I can mark things off.

• Thanks 1

I have been using Trello for over a year now, and seem to have finally found something that works for me. I have a monthly board, with a list set up for each day. At the end of the day, I archive that list (moving anything not done to other days), so my May board starts with the 19th as of today. I also have an upcoming board that has one list for each month. It is so easy for me to copy and move lists and cards around on Trello. The initial setup each month takes about 5-10 minutes, but the manual nature of that seems to motivate rather than discourage me. I use the computer for setup, but tend to check and update with my phone app. There surely are some ways to automate that task if you know more about Trello than I do.

But I will admit, my life is not that busy. Most of the items on my list are things to do not places to be.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

write it all out on a post it note

Haha, see I'm not the only one!! Stupid little question. You use the 4" squares or the 4X6 page size?

6 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

there's a lot of temptation to just check FB real quick or whatever if I do that. And a post it note is easily portable.

Not only that, but when it's in your phone you don't see it. I deleted FB from my phone so at least I don't have that temptation. Good riddance. 

7 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

To do lists and projects and timed appts are all on it, but generally not school - I keep paper lists for school.

Ok, I think this is the point. There's your brain dump of lists, which is virtual, and then there's your commit and put it down on the post it as the list for the day list. I don't have time to write and rewrite every single idea I have, mercy. Those lists need to be virtual. But my discreet ideas for the day, that can be written out. 

So I think you're right that I could take what I already use (which is, like you say, fully tech) and push it farther and get it where I want it. I'm not wanting to REPLACE my virtual stuff, just to have something physical to nudge me along a little. And the act of writing it out organizes the brain.

13 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

https://www.amazon.com/GoGirl-Planner-Organizer-Productivity-Management/dp/B07QC2ZNSJ/ref=sr_1_33?dchild=1&keywords=planner%2Bundated%2Bpink&qid=1621430530&sr=8-33&th=1

I have the above planner. It's really helpful for me to put things on paper, rather than using an app. I like this one, because it's undated -- I tend to use it in spurts, rather than consistently, and being able to write the dates in means I don't waste pages.

That is quite nice! 

12 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

I'll jot down a "to do" list on a sticky note. Generally, but not always, I list things in descending order from most to least important. It makes me feel less stressed and keeps me on task when I can mark things off.

The Things app lets you check off, and yes it feels good, lol. It's possible but not convenient to repopulate. Maybe I can figure it out.

5 minutes ago, Calm37 said:

I also have an upcoming board that has one list for each month. It is so easy for me to copy and move lists and cards around on Trello.

This is really smart! I've fiddled with Trello, hadn't thought of using it for myself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterPan said:

Ok, I think this is the point. There's your brain dump of lists, which is virtual, and then there's your commit and put it down on the post it as the list for the day list.

Yes! Exactly đŸ™‚

Oh, and I use the 4x4 post its

• Like 2

It seems like what some of us are hitting on is now called "time blocking" https://zapier.com/blog/best-time-blocking-app/  It's kind of an intriguing point that I might be able to use a "tasks" time block on my calendar to create my list for the day. I need to think through this. I would have to switch to day view to see it all, lol. As they're saying, my calendar only shows my interruptions, not my work. Kind of ironic.

I'm reading these articles and apparently the apps can do things I didn't realize. Calendars5 has a tasks feature, and some of these apps will integrate across platforms. So I'm going to look into the Tasks feature on what I already use, lol. 

It looks like Calendars5 will integrate my reminders not only into the calendar (which I knew) but into the Tasks and List views. And list view is essentially time blocking. And it says I can add a phrase so that Siri will know to access it. This could get interesting. If I do this, it's auto generating with me doing nothing. Just not sure how to bring in recurring, meal planning. etc. I need to think a bit. Don't know why I never investigated the other views. I was only using it as a calendar.

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1

I'm a new Empty Nester, so I make a daily To Do List on a decorative piece of paper.

I'm a morning person, so it helps to focus on the important tasks first, then take a break (crafts, screen time) after.
Yes, my memory has faded over the years, so keeping things listed (even the fun items) jogs my memory.

I love watching Youtubers with their bullet journals and planners, but I only need the One Day To Do List at this point.

If I had to recommend one thing, it would be the weekly (paper) page done by Youtuber "The Secret Slob".
Modified Fly Lady.   https://thesecretslob.com/

I only want to focus on the Present . . . not the past or future!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PeterPan said:

I use lists for anything I don't want to forget. I use a post it to know what stores I was trying to go to when I go to town or I forget when I get there, lol. 

I have it easy in my town, becausethere aren't many choices: I can either go to Aldi ( turn left from my house) or to Kroger ( turn right)  đŸ˜€

Dinner: I am not organized.  I look in the fridge and see what's there and decide based on that. That's also why I don't have shopping lists - I go to the store and buy a variety of stuff, see what's on sale, and then a full fridge plus pantry means I'll find stuff to cook. I am lazy that way. And yes, I have four bags of brown sugar, because I kept thinking I might want to restock this, lol.

Seriously,  post its are great for short term stuff.

I love the colored markers on letter size paper for my daily lists. It is highly visual and so satisfying to cross off, and at the end of the day put the entire paper into the waste paper basket. Plus, it uses up one sided printed on scratch paper. No electronic option has provided me with this tactile and visual satisfaction. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PeterPan said:

Thank you for this optimism, lol. :biggrin:

I think where that's going is the simplest thing that gets it basically done is good enough and that I can think through what is recurring and what is specific to the day. It used to be apple let you have virtual stickies on your desktop and they could be color coded, have fonts, etc. I could see if I could have those again via an app. Maybe synced between desk top and phone. Then I could have stickies for each day and type my special things in.

I finally took the time to enter in ALL my recurring dates & chores into Agendio.  I just ordered planner pages that have all of my daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly stuff in the to-do list section so I don't have to re-enter them each day, which is the annoying part about to-do lists for me, but I do best with a to-do list. I don't love time blocking, even though I suppose I do it. I prefer a list to check off and a schedule for stuff that has to be done at a certain time. It's supposed to be shipped soon, but I will give them credit for taking customer requests.  They agreed to a few of mine before I even ordered from them.

ETA: I did one page per day and left a space for a menu plan and exercise.   For dinner I do theme nights.  Every week on Wednesday we have some sort of Asian.  It used to be stir fry.  Lately it's been more curry because one of my kids has decided she hates soy sauce but loves curry.

Edited by Katy
  • Like 2

When I was homeschooling my kids, I just used a clipboard and notebook paper. I divided a page into 5 sections for M-F. I wrote out our schedule, meals, and to-do list for the day. I’m a list person. Without a list I flit around aimlessly. I make my list before the day I need it because I’m scattered in the morning. 

Generally we did Breakfast, School, break, school, lunch, chores, afternoon activities, errands, downtime, dinner. That was the structure of my life for YEARS. As the kids got older I could do some tasks while they worked, but I think I spent more time at the school table than average because my son pretty much needed a full-time teacher during school hours. 

• Like 2

I’m always trying to simplify, but it always comes down to paper for me. 
Currently, my master list is on large paper on my nightstand. My mid-sized planner is for scheduled events/appointments, and those get copied to the kitchen calendar so everyone can see them. My daily to-do lists are in a mini Happy Planner notebook. Fresh page for each day, but some things wind up getting carried over... sometimes more than just once or twice!

I have absolutely not found my perfect system. I go back and forth between trying to chase it and trying to accept the way things are, lol.

Dh claims to be more of a digital person.  To him, that seems to mean he *likes digital stuff better. In reality, I notice he’s more productive with paper lists... if he can remember where he put them.

• Like 1

I have to add that I have no sense of time when I'm online.  Once I turn on a phone or computer, I have already lost time.  A paper list that I can cross off has always been the most efficient way for me to move around my world.  I even did the index cards for the Sidetracked Home Executives cleaning system and still occasionally pull out that box when I need to get my housekeeping back on track.  I turned on the computer to check my email and I'm here talking to you guys.  For me, efficiency means staying unplugged until my tasks are completed. I do have some perpetual lists on my phone so I can't lose them, but I work better crossing off lines on paper.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My bullet journal to track some things, and dh bought a pad that is about 5 by 8 and has a section for every day of the week. So I use that as a week at a glance thing-fill it out for the upcoming week and post it on the fridge so everyone knows what I’m doing.  Then every night I make a 3 by 5 index card with the next day’s to do list on one side and use the other side for notes of things that come up as I’m completing the tasks, like things to add to grocery list, etc. At the end of the day I put the list items or other notes where they need to go, and make the next day’s list. I keep the index card of the day in my pocket so it’s always handy.

• Like 2

Boys Town helps this old girl get things done everyday!   My husband sends them money and then gives me the free "thank you" gifts that they send to him.  I'm always looking forward to the collection they send him around December:

Big Calendar:  I keep this by the desk area but you've already got this covered.

Purse-sized calendar:  I keep this in the kitchen along with a little clipboard and 5x7 lined mini-legal pads for my daily to-do's.   (What I'm cooking for dinner goes on this list, too.)

Planner Calendar:   This is used to record "what I cooked for dinner".   I don't do future planning in it, just what we ate so I can keep track of the leftovers in the refrigerator and not give anyone food poisoning.  

Cardboard coasters:  (These have pretty designs like birds!)  They are my visual reminders to help me keep track of chores in-process, etc.   I use Sharpie pens to write recurring chores that I have to remember to finish (my house is pretty chaotic most of the time).   I have a place on the counter (near my mug) so I'll be sure to see the current card(s)!   Some of my card collection:  "Put laundry in dryer",  "Unplug trickle charger",  "Pill Pocket" (cat's pill),  etc.  Sometimes I have more than one card on the counter at a time but it's not usually more than 1 or 2 at a time since I have to shuffle the deck throughout the day and deal out new cards.   

My oven has two timers so I always use timer 2 for chores...for example I'll set it as soon as I put in a load of laundry so I don't forget to put it into the dryer.   Between the timer and my pretty bird cards I can still get things done in a timely manner amid the chaos! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Cardboard coasters:  (These have pretty designs like birds!)  They are my visual reminders to help me keep track of chores in-process, etc.   I use Sharpie pens to write recurring chores that I have to remember to finish (my house is pretty chaotic most of the time).   I have a place on the counter (near my mug) so I'll be sure to see the current card(s)!   Some of my card collection:  "Put laundry in dryer",  "Unplug trickle charger",  "Pill Pocket" (cat's pill),  etc.  Sometimes I have more than one card on the counter at a time but it's not usually more than 1 or 2 at a time since I have to shuffle the deck throughout the day and deal out new cards.   

Well you can't mention something so cute and not share pictures, lol. And that's a good point that some of what I want might be just a visual heads up, something that doesn't have to be hidden in checklists. I could think about this. And it's a good point about putting that heads up in the place you frequent. I've started putting ds' checklist for the day where he takes his vits, which gives a two-fer. I could do the same thing for myself if I were inventive enough, with a board that shows those overarching goals for the week (meals, target cleaning zones, etc). Then I could just put odd tasks (not predictable) into the reminders that will integrate into my Calendars5 Tasks/List. That would keep my to do lists uncrowded. And it's a good point that with some whit/effort my visual schedule could have cute prompts for the cleaning. Now I want to see yours. :wub:

I have my work calendar on Outlook, and my personal calendar on Google. I have a small cheap notebook on my desk, where I jot down all the appointments and tasks for the day from both calendars. I actually do that at the end of the day for the next day. It's a lot nicer than the random pieces of paper and post-its I used to use. And I use the back side of the paper in the notebook for jotting down notes or numbers or whatever. 

I had to spend a lot of time today setting appointments and such. It feels like a lot of work but I know that now that I have it all organized, it'll take me about 5 minutes a day to maintain.

• Like 1

My organization reflects the structure I need to function daily, so there's a huge focus on routines, timers, reminders, and visual cues.

Daily stuff: a set routine that doesn't alter.  I talked a little about it in the other thread. From the end of that point I work with ds for a set time, do my own work for a set time, and then we have evening routine.  Each day has its own needs in the week and they're worked in as a routine as well.  Every activity outside the house has its own bag that does a layout or has a checklist before we leave anywhere.

One-offs: reminders in my phone.  I have them set for appointments, youth sports, bills, classes..each reminder is set for a day before and then an hour before.

Meals: our recipe books are 4 binders: poultry, beef/lamb, pork, and vegetarian.  All the recipes are in page protectors.  Before grocery shopping for the week we pull out the meals we want to make, one from each. 2 days will be leftovers and one will be a "whatever" night.  The grocery lists are are made from the ingredient lists, as well as a standing list for breakfasts/lunches.  The week's recipe cards are put on a book holder on the counter, in order of prep.

Neither ds11yo or I function well off routine, so we do try to keep to it as much as possible otherwise we look like a hot mess.đŸ˜„

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Well you can't mention something so cute and not share pictures, lol. And that's a good point that some of what I want might be just a visual heads up, something that doesn't have to be hidden in checklists. I could think about this. And it's a good point about putting that heads up in the place you frequent. I've started putting ds' checklist for the day where he takes his vits, which gives a two-fer. I could do the same thing for myself if I were inventive enough, with a board that shows those overarching goals for the week (meals, target cleaning zones, etc). Then I could just put odd tasks (not predictable) into the reminders that will integrate into my Calendars5 Tasks/List. That would keep my to do lists uncrowded. And it's a good point that with some whit/effort my visual schedule could have cute prompts for the cleaning. Now I want to see yours. :wub:

I'm really low-tech.   Before asking my son if he could take a picture I decided to do a search for "Boys Town cardboard coasters", and that brought me to e bay!  People are actually trying to sell these charity coasters on e bay!   

You could use anything, but I like that I can lean them up against something and they don't get knocked over by a breeze.  Anyway, I like the bird designs but these are really not anything fancy at all, but you're welcome to go to e bay and take a look.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Meals: our recipe books are 4 binders: poultry, beef/lamb, pork, and vegetarian.  All the recipes are in page protectors. 

I started working on this a while back and got sidetracked. Oops.

7 minutes ago, Laurie said:

I'm really low-tech.   Before asking my son if he could take a picture I decided to do a search for "Boys Town cardboard coasters", and that brought me to e bay!  People are actually trying to sell these charity coasters on e bay!   

Adorable! 

4 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I actually have some IKEA bird ones. 

I'll bet they're cute! I think I'm going to try to go some direction with magnets. My mind is kind of running so I just need a bit to figure it out. It's just such a good distinction that I have my routine things (for which I need basic visual organization) vs. the nitpicky details that can go into reminders and show on those lists. I usually pick targets for a week (baths, kitchen, mudroom, whatever) and do parallel of main floor and basement, so that part is easy to indicate with magnets. And if the thing I use shows the week and has spots for days, I can write menu. Then it's in my face, reminding me to get it done, not forgotten. And I'm already used to using reminders but not cluttering it. If I clutter my reminders too much, I can't use them, mercy.

I haven't been able to find a planner that I really liked so I made my own digital planner in Powerpoint, uploaded it into Google Slides, figured out how to make that my opening page for internet access, figured out how to make it open to the weekly page for the current week so that I see it every time I go into the internet (which is a lot).    I can access it from my computer, my phone, and my tablet (which is what I'm hoping to use more often but haven't quite gotten there yet).   

I have monthly pages, weekly pages, then daily pages.  Since it's digital, it doesn't matter if it's a million pages.   Each day has a schedule by the 1/2 hour and a to-do list but I mostly use it for the schedule.  The weekly pages have habit trackers and todo lists as well.  

I also send myself emails from my phone with reminder then put them into the planner when I have the time, have lists and links in a Keep file, and use Google Calendar for some things.  

And a notebook for the things I have to have in writing. 

• Like 1

Trello for school plans

Giant whiteboard in the kitchen for everything else, organized by topic -- one for appointments and such "This Week," one for meals, one for shopping list, one for to do list, etc.

I do also have a calendar app for appointments and reminders.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

I had a separate weekly planner that I did meal planning in and I like that system better so once I am finished using up these meal planning pages I will switch back to that separate planner. 

Was it anything particular about that planner or just that it was separate and not jumbled? A particular product you like?

11 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

Also our menu because the kids love to ask what's for dinner over and over and over lol.

You're doing better than I am, because my kid asks WHETHER there's dinner, lol. If I wrote it on the whiteboard, that would be a commitment, lol. My dh eats less now that he's 50 and my ds eats like a growing boy. I was eating out so much with the HBOT that I got out of the habit of cooking and just scrounged dabs to keep ds happy. I haven't figured out how to balance the three different levels of hunger into one meal, lol. 

I can't "do digital" and I have so.many.planners designed by other people that have one or two pages used in them. I also will accomplish nothing if it is not written down - my memory is so, so, so horrible these days.

So, I am currently trying out a homemade notebook system that incorporates GTD style sections for project planning, idea keeping, context based task lists, along with a monthly calendar page, and two weekly vertical style planner pages. 

The first page of the week has "Focus Boxes" for my areas of focus that I want to strive to accomplish daily. This is my Mindset planning page.

Box 1: my Health area of focus for the day or week {home,  physical, finances, business, emotional/mental, love/spouse, family, friends, spiritual, learning} - so I don't neglect any area too long while focused on other things - this list helps me to remember to be intentional to keep all of these areas of my life healthy on a rotating or as-needed basis.

Box 2: Tapping Focus - emotional hygiene, EFT is like my daily shower to clean up the stinkin'thinkin'.

Box 3: Gratitude or Appreciation

Box 4: My One Thing - if I accomplish nothing else, this is my one thing that will help me feel like I made progress today.

The second weekly vertical page has three boxes - one for my daily do list, one for me to keep track of my family's comings and goings (my chauffeur duties, mostly) and the third is my little brain dump section to process into my GTD sections.

Full Disclosure: I started with only the monthly calendar page at the beginning of this month. The GTD sections were in place from a previous attempt at getting organized, so I just printed a monthly calendar and hole punched it to go in the front. I just added the weekly planner pages a couple days ago - I had made them a month or two ago as a prototype of what I might want in a planner one day when I was playing around in Canva, but just got inspired to add them to my book to try them on Wednesday. Lol

Anyway, it's not pretty or fancy or anything like that, but it seems to be keeping me on track so far. For instance: I remembered to get what I went for at Walmart yesterday AND remembered to take the roast out of the freezer last night. Huge wins in my book! đŸ˜‚

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Mine seems to be improving since I started taking P5P. 

Just today, I smartened up enough to write "take supplements" to my daily pages, because... I forget to take them regularly!Â đŸ˜‚ The fish oil was helping my brain when I remembered to take it, too.

Edited by fraidycat
Grammar!
  • Haha 1

I have a paper organizer. Its like a school planner with the full month calendar and then dated weekly pages with a section for each day of the week. 

That's where I write everything down. My phone isn't enough. I need the physical act of writing something down and scribbling it out in the planner or things just don't happen.

Every Wednesday and Thursday, I write out the menu for the next week and write my shopping list on my "Friday" section because Friday is when I grocery shop. 

Every Sunday or Monday morning, I write in the things to do for the coming week. I also use the monthly calendar to keep track of the trend of the overall month. Recurring things like weekly lessons don't go on the monthly calendar, but appointments do go on that as well as the week to week one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PeterPan said:

My dh eats less now that he's 50 and my ds eats like a growing boy. I was eating out so much with the HBOT that I got out of the habit of cooking and just scrounged dabs to keep ds happy. I haven't figured out how to balance the three different levels of hunger into one meal, lol. 

I deal meal components.  So, I might make chicken breasts, microwave some broccoli and call that good for me and another. For the hungry teens, I might add some rolls or rice.

Same idea, across: tacos, soup, burgers (add fries), etc.  I keep it low carb and healthy for me, and then I add carbs for the kids.

• Like 4

We've been using google calendar for years.  That is perfect for us.  I use it on all my devices (android phone, iPad, laptop).  Set up notifications, set up individual calendars for kids that notifies them, etc.  Easy to reference back.  I was just finishing up some homeschool paperwork from the last couple years and it's easy to go back and see what happened what day, etc.  

And I keep an ongoing to do list in google docs, also can view and edit in any device.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

was using a Happy Planner mini dashboard layout

What happened to the skinny mini?!?!?  I was so excited for that, but then 2020 went bust and I didn’t have a need for it. Was looking forward to one for 2021, but they only had 2 weird ones. I was very disappointed. 

• Like 1

This is a pic of my planner. It’s a bit smaller than a steno pad, which is a good size for me. Fits into my purse.

Green box is my Shopping list. I just usually write it down the right hand side of the page. 

Blue box is random things to remember. Other weeks it might be a name of a textbook I need to purchase, this week it was household chores I planned for the summer. 

4D55E866-3600-4EB7-8E3E-24803BADA1E0.jpeg

• Like 2