Menu

Creepy child statue next to the monolith

Terabith

Yes,  but what kind of plants? Have you looked into the meaning of the flowers, so as to determine if it's a message from the mother ship to the humans or vice versa?

AKA, I sincerely hope this post will be edited with a picture. (Isn't there a board rule that all monolith posts must have a photo? No? Well, there should be.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, barnwife said:

Yes,  but what kind of plants? Have you looked into the meaning of the flowers, so as to determine if it's a message from the mother ship to the humans or vice versa?

AKA, I sincerely hope this post will be edited with a picture. (Isn't there a board rule that all monolith posts must have a photo? No? Well, there should be.)

So, I'm kinda worried my neighbors think I'm a Russian spy or something?  I've gotten some hostile, "What are you doing?" and "Can I help you?" comments when I've taken photos.  I will watch for an opportune time when nobody is looking to see about taking a picture, but they're outside a LOT during the day.....

• Haha 11

2 minutes ago, Terabith said:

So, I'm kinda worried my neighbors think I'm a Russian spy or something?  I've gotten some hostile, "What are you doing?" and "Can I help you?" comments when I've taken photos.  I will watch for an opportune time when nobody is looking to see about taking a picture, but they're outside a LOT during the day.....

Wait, you aren’t a Russian spy? 

• Haha 12

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

Perhaps a nighttime photo is needed. I mean, they couldn't possibly consider it creepy if you snuck over around 1 or 2 am and snapped a few photos. Maybe even a selfie or two with the statue would be good. Actually, I would send you absolute non-creepy internet hugs if you did...

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, barnwife said:

Perhaps a nighttime photo is needed. I mean, they couldn't possibly consider it creepy if you snuck over around 1 or 2 am and snapped a few photos. Maybe even a selfie or two with the statue would be good. Actually, I would send you absolute non-creepy internet hugs if you did...

Okay, I can do that, but if I get arrested, I'm blaming you!

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Lori D. said:

Eek! Your photo is all yellow -- does this mean you got irradiated while snapping this shot?! 😵

☢️

I mean, maybe?  I think it's between the yellow light from the top of the monolith lighthouse and the phone exposure?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Terabith said:

My neighbors are Russian. I've had the FBI show up on my porch asking about them. If you see men in dark suits flashing badges on your neighbor's porch, you've been caught!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mom2scouts said:

My neighbors are Russian. I've had the FBI show up on my porch asking about them. If you see men in dark suits flashing badges on your neighbor's porch, you've been caught!

Please, please, please tell me they drove up in a van like this -

Screenshot_20210517-104500.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

29 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Does that normally happen with Russian neighbors??

I don't know, but a few years ago there was a news story about a nice suburban family who really were Russian spies! In our case, they just needed our neighbor for a translation job.

• Like 2

@Terabith
Thanks for the photo! Does this mean you weren't arrested while taking it? 

I am sort of disappointed that the flowers are so ordinary looking, though perhaps the yellow is itself some sort of message from one side to the other. I would also like to note that pretending not to be a Russian spy is exactly what a Russian spy would do, so if the shoe fits...

Edited by barnwife
to fix a typo
  • Haha 5

On 5/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, Terabith said:

I thought they were the Russian spies?

20 hours ago, Terabith said:

I was not arrested.  I did subsequently realize that their door was wide open, though, so probably they were awake.  

Oops.   I wonder if they are on some other chat boards talking about the neighbor that keeps taking pics of their front yard?  

I am always so happy to see these posts from you!  They just amuse me so much.

• Haha 2