Menu

My niece is turning 20. Gift ideas?

Alicia64

I don't see my niece often at all b/c they live a billion miles away. On top of that my sister is no help at all in the "what should I give her" dept.

Adding:

She's in her second year of college, but returns home every summer. Even though she's in college, her home-base is still very much w/ her parents.

She doesn't work or play a sport. (I think she's doing some type of paid internship w/ a financial group this summer.)

She's into clothes, makeup and jewelry.

I've bought two gift cards but I'd like something tangible to give her too.

Any ideas very appreciated!!

Edited by Alicia64
Added info.

2 minutes ago, Arctic Bunny said:

Does she live on her own? Attend college? Work? Play a sport? Etc?

Oh, sorry, I should have said:

She's in her second year of college, but returns home every summer. Even though she's in college, her home-base is still very much w/ her parents.

She doesn't work or play a sport. (I think she's doing some type of paid internship w/ a financial group this summer.)

She's into clothes and makeup.

8 minutes ago, Alicia64 said:

Oh, sorry, I should have said:

She's into clothes and makeup.

Gosh, you’re really in gift certificate territory then, aren’t you!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arctic Bunny said:

Gosh, you’re really in gift certificate territory then, aren’t you!

Oops another thing I should have said: yes, I've bought two gift cards but I'd like something tangible to give her too.

Sorry again! (I really didn't sleep well last night.)

• Like 1

If I want to do something tangible with a gift card like that, I often do a consumable.  I've done gourmet sodas, fancy chocolates, nuts, etc.  Maybe if you asked your sister directly what her favorite guilty pleasure junk food is you could get an answer out of her?

If she's a coffee or tea drinker, you could wrap them up in a cute coffee mug or a travel mug.  Might be nice for the newly professionally employed. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Kassia said:

My son's girlfriend likes stacking rings.  I get them from Pandora and am interested in James Avery jewelry for her.  

Any special foods/treats she likes?  Does she like board games or jigsaw puzzles?  

How did you get her ring size?

1 hour ago, Alicia64 said:

How did you get her ring size?

I had to ask her mother (whom I've never met).  I happened to have her contact info.

ETA - I've also asked her mom for the girlfriend's favorite Bath and Body Works scents. 

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 1

Does she have hobbies?How about retro candy old time candy.com has decade boxes (choose a decade-1950’s and over) My dd  loves puzzles,nail polishes essie Or opi.There is also make up palettes esp if she is into that Sephora or ultra have Urban decay ones that might work.How about a nice purse/ clothes from Loungefly or hot topic?

• Like 1