Menu

Chilean Sea Bass recipe needed!

sheryl

I bought Chilean Sea Bass maybe 8 or so years ago and it went to waste b/c I didn't know how to prepare it.  I should have asked here then but didn't.

So, Mother's Day was a sale and I bought 1 fillet to "try out".  But, I need tips and a recipe.  HELP!  Who's game?

I know that foods can be "overly" prepared and sometimes just a simply salt, pepper and maybe other herb will suffice but I have no clue.  

This is in the freezer now and would like to prepare this month or next.  IDEAS appreciated!  Thanks!

I used to make it just by baking it at 350 for 15 minutes or so (according to the Joy of Cooking, fish should be cooked to an internal temperature of 130-140).  I think I put some olive oil on the top and perhaps a little pepper.

I haven't seen Chilean sea bass for sale in decades.

• Like 1

Simple is good.  What sounds good to you?

Baked (like EKS said) with salt and pepper and then a lemon sauce (butter, garlic, herbs (like thyme, cilantro, basil or perhaps just an Italian Seasoning mix) and lemon juice).

Baked with a miso glaze (ie. just brush some white miso paste that has been mixed in a small bowl with butter, ginger paste and a touch of maple syrup).

Baked with a honey-soy glaze (equal parts honey and soy sauce mixed together and brushed on top before you bake it).  This is actually my favorite but I am partial to Asian flavors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EKS said:

I used to make it just by baking it at 350 for 15 minutes or so (according to the Joy of Cooking, fish should be cooked to an internal temperature of 130-140).  I think I put some olive oil on the top and perhaps a little pepper.

I haven't seen Chilean sea bass for sale in decades.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Simple is good.  What sounds good to you?

Baked (like EKS said) with salt and pepper and then a lemon sauce (butter, garlic, herbs (like thyme, cilantro, basil or perhaps just an Italian Seasoning mix) and lemon juice).

Baked with a miso glaze (ie. just brush some white miso paste that has been mixed in a small bowl with butter, ginger paste and a touch of maple syrup).

Baked with a honey-soy glaze (equal parts honey and soy sauce mixed together and brushed on top before you bake it).  This is actually my favorite but I am partial to Asian flavors.

OK, EKS, thanks!   Jean, thanks for those ideas!  Like ALL 3 ideas!  Spycar was coaching me with miso (I think) in another thread.  We eat Asian often but I'm not sure if I want the sweet taste.  Maybe I should cut the fillet in half and use 2 of the 3 above ideas.  Seriously, I may do this.  1 for sure and either 2 or 3.  I don't have miso or ginger paste.  I do have Canadian maple syrup, however (the real product from Canada).  🙂  I wouldn't use Italian seasoning but the butter, garlic and herbs (I have tons of herbs).

YAY! Thanks!