Menu

How do you cope with a snoring spouse?

mommyoffive

3 hours ago, Jaybee said:

I will also comment as to another reason a lot of people probably don't want a CPAP machine. Okay, so this is pretty personal, and from a woman's perspective. I felt a bit humiliated. If it were not for my cousin's encouragement from the very beginning, I probably wouldn't have stuck with it. I was embarrassed to be wearing that mask with hose when we went to bed, because it made me feel so ugly, unattractive, and unfeminine--and breathing like a quiet Darth Vader (on the other side if it, of course, is how lovely snoring is, if I didn't have the machine). There is insecurity anyway, due to weight, so this was/is one more thing. That was no small thing to overcome, and is still probably the thing that evokes the strongest feelings from me. It doesn't seem to bother dh, but it does bother me. From the man's perspective, I don't know what those insecurities would entail besides the bother of getting used to it, but I would imagine there are some similar type feelings that go on.

But to sleep...ah, it feels sooo good! So I keep using it.

I think my husband feels unattractive with it. I did assure him recently that I'm so blind without my contacts in that in the dark room I can't even tell if he has it on, lol. I think that helped. 

• Like 2