Menu

Happy Mother's Day!

hjffkj

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day.  I hope everyone has the type of day they want.  If that can't happen for whatever reason, I hope you can at least find some time to take for yourself.  For all of those missing their mom's today, hugs and prays for you today.  For all those struggling with bad mother relationships, hugs and prays to you as well.  

Today I woke up early to go do some pet sitting.  I decided to just hang out with the dogs a bit longer and watch a show on Netflix before venturing back home.  It was a nice way to start the day.  When I got home dh was making muffins and sausage for dinner and the kids that are away all bombarded me 🙂  No gifts, which is the way I like it. But tons of snuggles and love. Not sure what is in store for the rest of the day.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 16

Happy Mother’s Day to you also!

My husband did the grocery shopping early this morning with my oldest son. 

I’m getting caught up on laundry, and then I’m going to work on a quilt.

Have a lovely day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy Mother's Day!! 

DS is cooking Mahi Mahi and asparagus for me and I just opened his gift of shower fizzies. A lady at church gave me a yellow rose. Dh got me an African violet. I will spend the day doing a few things that need to be done, but nothing strenuous. I'm sleepy, but we are going out of town early tomorrow for a doctor visit, so I don't need to take a nap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We went to the mall to get dd a few things for her bday, which is this week. Now we're driving home to my dad's homemade pizza. 2 of my siblings and their families should be there. It'll be a nice rest of the evening just relaxing

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

Happy Mother’s Day!

Dh got a work phone call today. I heard the man calling say, “Happy Mother’s Day, man!” And dh responded, “Yeah, you too, man!”  WTactualH?!? I can’t even.

That's hilarious!  

I stuck with my diet today since I have no kids at home for the first Mother's Day in 30 years.  DH has had chips and ice cream, ds1 sent me a picture of an amazing Ben and Jerry's ice cream cake that he and his gf are eating (it's her birthday), and ds2 sent me a picture of brownies that he and his girlfriend made.  

I'm sure I'll be the one to gain 2 pounds when I step on the scale in the morning.

And it's snowing, cold, windy, and we keep losing power.  

• Like 2

Happy mother's day!

Mine has had its ups and downs.  It started at 1am when the carbon monoxide detector began beeping to let us know it had a dead battery.  That and the fire alarms are smart little machines for things that can't tell time - they only ever start complaining when it's the middle of the night. We've finally gotten in the spring forward/fall back check for the smoke detectors, but now we'll add the carbon monoxide detectors to that list.

However, waking at 1 alerted me to the fact that for the first time in 15 years, I have forgotten to buy flowers for the woman who hates me and pass them off as my husband being a loving son.  It's not that he's incapable, it's that it's an easy way to keep a tenuous peace between the two and good-ish feelings, or at the very least being the bigger person.  She'll get her flowers tomorrow and an immediate gift today.  But I forgot, and was horrified.  To be fair, it's been a month in our house where we've been stretched thin.

It got better by 6am.  Oldest ds bought me some of my favorite chocolates and took the youngest out for the morning to go do stuff together.  I got yard work done, some other things taken care of, and snuggled into the new cardigan that I bought and told the family was my Mother's Day present. 😄 To be fair, it's a very comfortable cardigan and a much needed replacement to one that was falling apart.  Dh would probably have picked out a very sweet gift, but I really just wanted a cardigan.  It's right about 50 degrees right now, so definitely one that will be well used.  Oldest ds is cooking dinner tonight. Youngest is promising to make cookies tomorrow, but that will be a self-serving job requiring oversight that I am not looking forward to juuuuuuuust yet.

• Like 2