Menu

So I recently came into a large number of frozen Salisbury steaks...

MeaganS

And I don't know what to do with them. We haven't ever really eaten them before. I remember them being ok in the school cafeteria. But for real, I have probably over 100 in my freezer now. Anything else to do with them besides cooking them in gravy? 

Edited by MeaganS
  • Haha 3

• MeaganS changed the title to So I recently came into a large number of frozen Salisbury steaks...

My husband likes leftover salisbury steaks in a grilled cheese sandwich, patty melt style.

Like kbutton said, you could cut them up into bite size pieces and make a hamburger vegetable soup or stew.

Change up the sides to go with just salisbury steak and gravy, serve it over egg noodles or with mashed or roasted potatoes, or serve it with plain rice or rice pilaf.

ETA: Oh, dh just suggested breaking it into pieces and eating it with fried rice.

I used to make salisbury steak in bulk and freeze them, basically anything you might use a hamburger patty or meatballs in, it should be good.

Edited by sweet2ndchance
  • Like 1

Do they already have gravy on them, or are they just cube steaks? The Pioneer Woman has a couple of recipes that use cube steak. I remember at least one sandwich and also steak fingers (breaded, like chicken fingers). You might check her website.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Our chickens eat meat right up. 

Sure, but I'm not sure if there's salt in them and we try to be careful not to give them added salt. 

They look precooked. No gravy. The patty melt idea sounds good too. I'll check out Pioneer Woman's recipes.

We also got a large amount of breakfast sausage links and Italian sausage, so I'm going to be using that in stuff like spaghetti, beans, and breakfast burritos. 

1 hour ago, Storygirl said:

Do they already have gravy on them, or are they just cube steaks? The Pioneer Woman has a couple of recipes that use cube steak. I remember at least one sandwich and also steak fingers (breaded, like chicken fingers). You might check her website.

Salisbury steak and cube steak are different...

salisbury steak is made of ground beef with fillers and seasonings. Similar to seasoning ground beef for meatloaf or meatballs, but not the same seasonings

cube steak is a cut of meat that has been tenderized thru cubing...it leaves little cube shaped marks on the meat. 

Sometimes steak sandwiches are made with cube steak or chicken fried steak 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terabith said:

How does one come into a large number of Salisbury steaks?

A national meat company's corporate office is in our area and the gave away boxes of meat today as a PR stunt in several local towns. It was heavily advertised but you just had to drive up and they loaded you trunk with literally 4 boxes of name brand meat. We got 12 packages of Italian sausage, a giant bag with probably hundreds of breakfast sausage links, and 2 boxes of Salisbury steaks. It was so random. My SIL got some too but they gave her different meats with her Salisbury steak. 😁

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I had to check to make sure I hadn't posted this myself.  (Not that I've come into a large number of Salisbury steaks, but it seems like something that would happen.)

I mean, the first thing I did upon seeing the thread title was think, goodness, what's Terabith up to now? 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 5/8/2021 at 4:20 PM, MeaganS said:

We also got a large amount of breakfast sausage links 

Breakfast sausage is good in sweet potato hash. Yum! We make ours with apples or pears and sausage or bacon. Fairly plain but a nice combo of savory and sweet. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 9:08 PM, Farrar said:

I mean, the first thing I did upon seeing the thread title was think, goodness, what's Terabith up to now? 😂

Cause any true weirdness is more than likely terabith! I am such a fan girl, 🙄

• Haha 1