Menu

Anyone have one of these? Thoughts?

Looks like I am getting involved with something that is going to be a 30 mile commute five days a week. I currently drive a minivan but I’m down to one kid at home (and she rides up front with me). I’m really ready for a change after 20+ years of Dodge Caravans 😂 I am not interested in driving this nearly empty minivan all those miles and I really want something different. 

We are looking at the Kia tomorrow. Any other suggestions for a good car for long commutes? We have family 70-100 miles away so we make those kind of drives a couple times a month. We are thinking hybrid but open to other cars with good mpg. I’d like something smaller for sure but not Smart Car small. 

Any thoughts? I get my best ideas and reviews from the WTM forums 🙂

Not sure of exact models but my SIL just got a Hyundai and loves it.  My brother talked to several mechanics and they said, if you want to sell and upgrade in a few years get a honda or toyota.  If you want to keep it 10+ years, go with the Hyundai.

So far she loves it and my Honda all the way brother is eying one for himself once the 19 year old Honda dies.

• Thanks 1

I've had a hybrid Niro for almost four years. It's a great little car. We bought it just before taking a 5000+ mile road trip and have taken it on quite a few 2/3000 mile trips since. We've had zero issues with it - although we are strict about maintenance. But it IS a KIA, so the stock tires are cheap and wear out quickly, there's more road noise than in a higher end car, some of the finishes look inexpensive, etc... But overall it's been a good little car that we expect to pass on to our oldest when he starts driving in a few years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1