Menu

May Well-Trained/Training Bodies

Laura Corin

@wintermom he’s a 9 week old black Miniature Schnauzer.  He is the stinkin’ cutest thing ever.  

Got in a decent walk today.  It was sunny, but only in the low 40s and windy.  I thought spring was here, but now we’re expecting frost again tonight.  I don’t know why I felt like we were in the clear; generally nothing can be planted here until around Memorial Day.  It’s supposed to rain again tomorrow.  I was hoping to take the bikes to an 8 mile paved trail near home for Mother’s Day, but I don’t have any desire to ride in cold rainy weather.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, MissLemon said:

I lost another 2.5lbs this week (!!!). Water weight, I know. I am down a total of 16.5 lbs in 52 days.

I seem to have made a lot of progress with some of the positions in DDPY. There's a stretching routine I do a few times a week to work on my hips and lower back. It's really tough for me, and my hip screams through most of it.  This week I noticed I was much more flexible and could get deeper into the positions than last week. 

My jerk uncle made a snotty comment about my weight, diet, and blood pressure on Facebook. That earned him a hot block. My BP is 103/68. Any lower and I'd be dead. 

Congrats to you! Sorry your uncle is an asshat.

12 hours ago, StillJessica said:

@wintermom he’s a 9 week old black Miniature Schnauzer.  He is the stinkin’ cutest thing ever.  

Got in a decent walk today.  It was sunny, but only in the low 40s and windy.  I thought spring was here, but now we’re expecting frost again tonight.  I don’t know why I felt like we were in the clear; generally nothing can be planted here until around Memorial Day.  It’s supposed to rain again tomorrow.  I was hoping to take the bikes to an 8 mile paved trail near home for Mother’s Day, but I don’t have any desire to ride in cold rainy weather.  

I was hoping for a bike ride today too but it is heavy storms all day. Last Mother's day we had little tornados, hoping it isn't as bad this year. 

• Like 4

The workers came a bit yesterday but didn't finish so I guess I'll be seeing them again next week too. Sigh. I'll be really glad when I don't have to worry about people randomly showing up.

I did a strength workout today just in case I don't get one in tomorrow or Tuesday. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

We picked up wee Evie today, so my only exercise was a dog walk. She's a bit camera shy,  so I'll post photos when she's settled in more.

Congratulations! I saw some photos you shared in your other post. She is adorable! How old is Evie? 

Have a wonderful time with your new family member! 😃

• Like 3

I'm back. Had surgery three weeks ago to take out the annoying hardware in my right ankle. I've been weight bearing and in the last week been using the elliptical and treadmill for walking. In two more weeks I can start to run again. I also am doing ankle strengthening exercises.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, YaelAldrich said:

I'm back. Had surgery three weeks ago to take out the annoying hardware in my right ankle. I've been weight bearing and in the last week been using the elliptical and treadmill for walking. In two more weeks I can start to run again. I also am doing ankle strengthening exercises.

Best wishes on your recovery. My mom broke her ankle really badly several years back and recovery was a bit of a slog. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

57 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

I lifted this morning, did 30 mins on the trampoline, and went on a dog walk.  Hopefully I will do more later today, on to school, chores, and running around town.

Getting things done!

19 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

We picked up wee Evie today, so my only exercise was a dog walk. She's a bit camera shy,  so I'll post photos when she's settled in more.

Many congratulations!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did multiple small workouts this am as I wasn't sure if someone was going to drop my door at any time. Of course no one is here yet, who knows when they will show up. I'm so done with workers showing up at random times and days. One was out there yesterday at 9:30 am taking off forms. Thankfully I didn't sleep in, otherwise I'd been really aggravated. I ate too much gf cheesecake yesterday but otherwise my appetite has been more subdued (of course my period is due fairly soon so I'm sure I'll be starving soon).

done today:

1- 20 min speed walking video

2- 15 min lower body strength workout

3-10 min lower body strenght workout

4- 15 min core workout

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Soror said:

Best wishes on your recovery. My mom broke her ankle really badly several years back and recovery was a bit of a slog. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Getting things done!

Many congratulations!

Breaking an ankle isn't fun. Taking out the hardware is pretty easy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

Congratulations! I saw some photos you shared in your other post. She is adorable! How old is Evie? 

Have a wonderful time with your new family member! 😃

She's five. She's  been in Scotland for four years but has changed family during that time.

• Like 2

I've been hiding from my dance teacher for a month.  She started doing online classes and I have a new excuse every week.  Usually I'm just tired from trying to expand and plant my garden and I'm out of shape.  Today I walked a couple miles with a friend in my neighborhood and found out that she's  hiding from the same dance teacher. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Bad sleep night here too. I went to bed first a little after 10:00. I woke up at 12:30 to dh snoring--couldn't get him to stop. So I head out to the living room sofa and find dd is baking cookies for the cookie decorating contest at school. I decide light is better than noise and move the dog off the sofa and eventually fall asleep. Other dd starts screaming at 4:18--back to bedroom where dh is no longer snoring. Back to sleep. Then at some point the smoke alarm starts doing that beep once a minute thing--dh took care of that. I decided I want my own room. DDs' room will be my escape room when they're both in college in the fall I think, though it is a little close to the screamer.

Did my bodyweight circuit x2 and the 11-min Wake Up Yoga. Half PBJ and yogurt with blueberries and granola for lunch. And try not to eat everything in the house when I get home from school.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

Bad sleep night here too. I went to bed first a little after 10:00. I woke up at 12:30 to dh snoring--couldn't get him to stop. So I head out to the living room sofa and find dd is baking cookies for the cookie decorating contest at school. I decide light is better than noise and move the dog off the sofa and eventually fall asleep. Other dd starts screaming at 4:18--back to bedroom where dh is no longer snoring. Back to sleep. Then at some point the smoke alarm starts doing that beep once a minute thing--dh took care of that. I decided I want my own room. DDs' room will be my escape room when they're both in college in the fall I think, though it is a little close to the screamer.

Did my bodyweight circuit x2 and the 11-min Wake Up Yoga. Half PBJ and yogurt with blueberries and granola for lunch. And try not to eat everything in the house when I get home from school.

OUr smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night too. How weirdly coincidental. 

I'm sorry you had a rough night too.

I laid back down this am after I finished teaching and feel a bit better. I did 35 min of foam rolling and stretching. I need to do some walking.

• Like 3

It's funny that 'what keep you up at night' is a theme here as well as with my work colleagues. For the work people, it's work related stuff, for my WTM people it's fire alarms and children screaming. 😬 WTM people have it much worse! I hope you are able to sleep better tonight. Big hugs!

It's sunny outside and warming up! I'm going to get a couple walks in, and maybe even some paddling later this afternoon.

I also have my course tonight. I'll be thrilled when this one is over. It's the last on for my program. Our major assignment is writing a literature review - not my favourite thing to do. I much prefer the practical data collection side of research. ;) 

• Like 4

I didn’t get any walks in yesterday; I spent the day waiting for the plumber.  Today, more of the same.  Yesterday it was only 40* and rainy out, though, so I didn’t mind too much.  Today is sunny and there’s going to be a high of 60*, so I’m really hoping he comes early!  

• Like 4

I did a barefoot cardio workout that I haven't done in a long time (probably because it's 35 min instead of 30 min and I'm usually tight on time). On this latest school schedule, I don't have school on Wednesdays. I'll do some writing of homework packets and quiz banks, but I'll flex my time (last week I was still working at 10:30m). So lots of home chores mixed into my day--grocery shopping, get laundry started, hopefully do a little yard work.

• Like 4

On 5/12/2021 at 8:11 AM, Lucy the Valiant said:

10,000 steps of yard work yesterday! (Pressure washing = exercise, right? Haha!) 

Hoping for walk with dog today. ❤️

Totally counts, movement is movement.

On 5/12/2021 at 8:09 AM, StillJessica said:

I didn’t get any walks in yesterday; I spent the day waiting for the plumber.  Today, more of the same.  Yesterday it was only 40* and rainy out, though, so I didn’t mind too much.  Today is sunny and there’s going to be a high of 60*, so I’m really hoping he comes early!  

So annoying, hope he gets there early for you.

1 hour ago, Ali in OR said:

Thursday--dumbbell day. Did the shorter but harder workout. And my weight hit the alarm point, so tracking food intake with MFP.

I hear you. I haven't weighed lately but am feeling very puffy.

• Like 4

Short upper body yesterday am and a walk in the evening. 

Longer lower body workout this am. Pushmowing and weedeating. I'm dead, it is such hard work on the hills here.

Dh has taken a walk every day this week. I'm hoping he keeps it up. 

• Like 4

I went for my first run in about a month.  I've been resting my leg, but my physio says it's not my leg, it's my back.  So I tried running again.  I had meant to do a walk/run activity, but after the first walk, the running just felt so easy that I kept going.  Three miles, which is my longest this year.  I hope I won't regret it, but all seems well so far.  It felt great.

• Like 6

I went for a lovely canoe paddle late this afternoon with ds19. I also got in my push-ups with ds15. No walking, though. Too busy with work, and then I lost energy after the paddle (and had more work in the evening).  I'll try to do better tomorrow and on the weekend. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I went for my first run in about a month.  I've been resting my leg, but my physio says it's not my leg, it's my back.  So I tried running again.  I had meant to do a walk/run activity, but after the first walk, the running just felt so easy that I kept going.  Three miles, which is my longest this year.  I hope I won't regret it, but all seems well so far.  It felt great.

Nice, good job!

More work outside in the evening digging up various things. Back breaking work.

Today I'm doing some upper body strength work.

• Like 2

Good Saturday morning!

Did a yoga with a lot of vinyasa flow this morning. I usually avoid those just because I'm lazy, so I'm starting the day with a bit more of a workout under my belt. Will try to get my indoor cleaning chores done this morning, and I want to get some yard work in too. But lots of schoolwork to do too--need to write the last homework packet for the geometry class and also write a Canvas quiz for them. Our patio furniture set is supposed to arrive today. Hopefully it's not too cheap. I had some nice stuff picked out but it was so expensive and would not have all arrived until July. This was half the price and could ship in 2-3 weeks. Just hoping the chairs are all metal with no plastic webbing under the cushions. We can return it if we don't assemble it.

Need to get eating back under control. I'm on day 3 of food tracking on My Fitness Pal. It's always a shock to realize how many calories I've been eating when it just doesn't seem like much. So I was actually trying to watch it more on Thursday and Friday and was still overeating by 200-300 calories, but I'm sure it's been well more than that recently. Will try to hit my calorie goal this weekend when there is a little less overall stress. And make those calories count nutritionally! We'll hit 80° this weekend--hope you all have a lovely weekend.

• Like 1

I got in a really nice paddle with ds yesterday as well as a great bike ride. The canoe has its official name for everyone to see now. The stickers were a birthday gift from dh. He got them from a boat registration company. The name really stands out, both when out in the water and also when driving around to and from the water! 😅

20210506_172534.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

I got in a really nice paddle with ds yesterday as well as a great bike ride. The canoe has its official name for everyone to see now. The stickers were a birthday gift from dh. He got them from a boat registration company. The name really stands out, both when out in the water and also when driving around to and from the water! 😅

20210506_172534.jpg

Lovely! 

Husband, Hobbes and I took the two dogs for a nine mile walk along forest trails to a crepe shack and back. Glorious weather. Hobbes goes back to his university town on Monday, so it was a nice last family thing.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

Lovely! 

Husband, Hobbes and I took the two dogs for a nine mile walk along forest trails to a crepe shack and back. Glorious weather. Hobbes goes back to his university town on Monday, so it was a nice last family thing.

Sounds like Evie must be adjusting well. Glad you got to have a nice family hike together.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ali in OR said:

Sounds like Evie must be adjusting well. Glad you got to have a nice family hike together.

She's doing really well. She barks at strangers who come to our house, so we need to work on that. Her lead skills are also atrocious  but she's bright and I  think she's starting to work out what I want.  She gets on fine with our old dog Blondie so long as we feed them separately. 

• Like 4

Got through this week of sagis challenge upping my weights when possible.  I did do MBFA(Muscle burns fat advanced) core workout for a change of pace.  Loved the new challenge.  I am getting better about embracing full rest days.  Looking for to a new week of workouts.   Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 4

My May average walking distance is 2+ miles so far.  I'm pleased, even though I am still bummed that getting back to 4 miles seems a distant goal.

I've also done my yoga routine a few times this week - hopefully it will become more frequent.

Today I walked my pup to, around, and from the nearest park.  It was a good workout for both of us with the hills.

There was a TKD belt test today, but I was not ready for it.  Hopefully next time.

This past week I ate badly between Mother's Day and a birthday.  Though we did skip eating out on Friday due to a sick kid.  And the next birthday in the house is in October.

• Like 4

I did get in a walk with dh yesterday.

This am I did:

30 min chest and triceps weight workout; 10 min core workout; 30 min kickboxing

Feeling good and thinking of doing another workout just because I want to. Maybe some yoga?

Weight is down a little bit. Maybe .4-.6 of a pound, that is the first it has been down in weeks. I was very hungry yesterday, period is imminent. 

ETA: 40 min of yoga done

Edited by Soror
  • Like 3

Didn't have time to check in this morning but I did get in 30 min on the treadmill. We enjoyed a nice sunny weekend--it will be cooler all week. And we're happy with our new patio furniture. Both Saturday and Sunday I spent 15 minutes lying face down on the sofa just absorbing the sun's heat--felt so good!

IMG_9485.JPG

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

Didn't have time to check in this morning but I did get in 30 min on the treadmill. We enjoyed a nice sunny weekend--it will be cooler all week. And we're happy with our new patio furniture. Both Saturday and Sunday I spent 15 minutes lying face down on the sofa just absorbing the sun's heat--felt so good!

IMG_9485.JPG

That looks really nice!

3 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I like your furniture @Ali in OR.

Lovely, if damp, walk in the Highlands along an old drove track. Here is Evie in The Cairngorms for the first time.

20210517_142406.jpg

Beautiful and Evie seems to be enjoying herself. I'm so impressed with your running.

On 5/15/2021 at 3:01 PM, lynn said:

Got through this week of sagis challenge upping my weights when possible.  I did do MBFA(Muscle burns fat advanced) core workout for a change of pace.  Loved the new challenge.  I am getting better about embracing full rest days.  Looking for to a new week of workouts.   Hope everyone is doing well.

Is this something Sagi put out? I tried one of his workouts but I think he must be an acquired taste. I like the workout fine but he's my least favorite trainer.

On 5/15/2021 at 10:08 AM, wintermom said:

20210506_172534.jpg

LOL, I love it. You are looking like a pro already 🙂

• Like 3