Menu

May Frugalistas 2021

mommyoffive

15 hours ago, Condessa said:

It looks like I was wrong!  The chart I was referencing on the state insurance’s website did not go up to our family size, and I apparently made a calculation error.  The raise should put us at barely still under the qualification for our kids to keep the secondary insurance, since there will be one more of us by then.

Hurray!!!

4 hours ago, historically accurate said:

Since school is getting out for the summer, I thought I'd remind people to look around their community and see what's available for food assistance. One of the food pantries in my city put together a handy chart. We have A LOT of choices this summer. I think they set it up this way for different days/different schedule accomodations:

• Continuing school meals in both county school districts during weeks when there is summer school (pick up M/Th)
  • M-F at a park in the largest town in the county
  • T/Th at the town's Y
  • T/W/F at the County Health Department
  • M at the Lion's Club in the north part of the county

Wow!

I haven’t seen anything like that for here.  Today was our last farmers box.

Doesn’t exactly fit, but I’m going to share anyway.

My brother’s childhood best friend has stumbled into the craziest side hustle.  He was buying a poodle puppy while visiting a relative in Mexico, and they were so much cheaper there than at home in the states that he bought six instead, drove home with them, and sold the extras that weekend for several thousand dollars profit.  So he decided to do it again.  Now it has grown, and he has an employee who sources litters of puppies in Mexico and brings them up for him, and other employees who are mostly sahms that sell the puppies for him, and they are all making some pretty amazing money.  As in, the sahms are making more than their working husbands, and the friend is trying to decide whether or not to drop out of medical school because he’s already making what he could as a doctor.  He has a puppy empire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Condessa said:

Doesn’t exactly fit, but I’m going to share anyway.

My brother’s childhood best friend has stumbled into the craziest side hustle.  He was buying a poodle puppy while visiting a relative in Mexico, and they were so much cheaper there than at home in the states that he bought six instead, drove home with them, and sold the extras that weekend for several thousand dollars profit.  So he decided to do it again.  Now it has grown, and he has an employee who sources litters of puppies in Mexico and brings them up for him, and other employees who are mostly sahms that sell the puppies for him, and they are all making some pretty amazing money.  As in, the sahms are making more than their working husbands, and the friend is trying to decide whether or not to drop out of medical school because he’s already making what he could as a doctor.  He has a puppy empire.

Wow!

• Like 1