Menu

True North A&P

I added them to my general lists recently. Does anyone have any reviews of their courses in general? I wasn't able to find too much. I'd particularly like to know what the religious vibe is and whether the courses were interactive, full of feedback or more check the box.

• Like 1

Sorry, I know nothing of True North A&P. However, I thought I'd share this online A&P course that my young man is going to utilize: https://www.corexcel.com/anatomy.physiology.online.htm

The aforementioned course fulfills a prerequisite, as does their online Medical Terminology course (https://www.corexcel.com/html/online.medical.terminology.htm), for a paramedic course he will most likely be taking in the future. These courses are specifically recommended by that paramedic program. Being that Corexcel is an accredited IACET provider, I thought it may be useful to others here as well.

ETA: We were considering Apologia's Advanced Biology (https://www.apologia.com/product/apologia-superset-advanced-biology-2nd-edition-2/) before we arrived at this decision. I even purchased the SuperSet from RR and ended up returning it, but not because there was anything wrong with Apologia per se. It just made sense for my young man's career path not have to repeat the A&P course again in the future in order to gain the necessary accreditation.

Edited by Mom21
  • Thanks 1

True North was a spin off of a now defunct provider. It's a Christian Classical provider. My sister's kids took a couple of IEW writing classes. She wasn't overly impressed by the organization of the teacher last fall. I haven't asked her how things are going. It wouldn't have been the first choice I wouuld have pointed her to but it was take what you could find/stop gap solution as this was a temporary move (Covid) to homeschool this year. I know that Stroberg is offering his courses on their platform now. IMO it feels more like a platform for various instructors to offer classes than it feels like provider that has a tighter control over what is delivered and how content is delivered if that makes sense. For me, quality can be uneven with the former than the latter. 

One thing that I do know they are doing which is providing support and classes to special needs families. That is not something I've seen being done anywhere. 

This was posted in spring 2019 by @CAtoVA

Apparently, homeschoolworks4U is out of business. From the website:

It is with both a heavy and glad heart that we announce homeschoolworks4u.com has been sold. As a result, HomeschoolWorks4U.com will eventually go offline.

TRUE NORTH HOMESCHOOL ACADEMY (TNHA) is now the owner of this website and its content. TNHA is working to transfer the information from this site to their new website.

TNHA will provide you with numerous choices for homeschool and tons of free information to help you, your child, and your family along the way.

There will be a huge announcement once TNHA launches their website (anticipated launch date is the first quarter of 2018). To get in on any early-bird specials they may offer, email them and request to be added to their email list. The email address to use for this request is:

YES@TRUENORTHHOMESCHOOLACADEMY.COM

Thank you to everyone who has entrusted us with helping your child learn and succeed.

May God Bless and Keep You!

Edited by calbear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Farrar said:

I wasn't able to find too much. I'd particularly like to know what the religious vibe

I am going to assume you saw this in their FAQs:

At True North Homeschool Academy we believe that education is the transmission of culture. We are committed to transmitting a Judeo-Christian culture in our classes. We believe that teaching is a form of discipleship and to that end, pray for our students and seek to provide Godly mentorship. We desire that our students grow in their mastery of the material as well as their understanding of their selves and the part they play in God’s amazing plan.

10 hours ago, stripe said:

I am going to assume you saw this in their FAQs:

At True North Homeschool Academy we believe that education is the transmission of culture. We are committed to transmitting a Judeo-Christian culture in our classes. We believe that teaching is a form of discipleship and to that end, pray for our students and seek to provide Godly mentorship. We desire that our students grow in their mastery of the material as well as their understanding of their selves and the part they play in God’s amazing plan.

Yep. I saw that. Definitely not right for my own kids, but sometimes I rec stuff for religious clients.