Menu

April: WTM Weight Watchers Support Thread

JumpyTheFrog

Today was day 1 for me on the blue plan. It's a good thing fruit and turkey cost zero points because I was hungry for most of the day. I ended up using 7 of my weekly points. I discovered I'm going to have to start using water instead of coconut milk for my protein shakes to bring the point value down from 7 to 3. Since chicken is also free, I better cook some up tonight for tomorrow.

Day 2

It's lunch time, I have already used up all my daily points, and I'm still hungry and a little dizzy feeling. I guess I'll be eating a lot of salad, turkey, and chicken today. I'll have to dip into my weekly points to have some dressing. DH thinks I should modify things to make lean beef free, since chicken and turkey are free.

What plan are you on? Are eggs free? Non-fat Greek yogurt? We have our main meal at lunch because my DH works second shift so a common dinner for me is something like 3 “fried” eggs over sautéed vegetables with fruit mixed into plain Greek yogurt makes a filling zero point meal. Or 2 points if I cook the eggs in butter. I also don’t have a problem using my weekly points to make my meals work for me. I’m going for a lifestyle change and that doesn’t include being hungry all the time. So I’m fine using weekly or fit points for a meal with a friend, a small piece of a treat one of my kids made, or just being satisfied with my meals on a daily basis. And as I go I’m learning how to make my meals healthier overall and support my health, fitness, and weight loss goals. I’m trying to stay in a “marathon” mindset rather than a “sprint” one. It’s a work in progress. 

I had a smoothie for breakfast. Whole milk, nonfat yogurt, spinach, banana, berries. 4 points

Lunch was whole wheat spaghetti with turkey meatballs and sauce and salad with yogurt dressing. Total of 8 points. 

I think dinner will be eggs, with whatever veg and fruit I have in the fridge. Zucchini and sweet potato maybe. I have 4 points left for the day so I have room to play around a little. 

A few months ago there was a thread here about eating a certain number of varieties of produce a week. I don’t remember what the goal number was but I’ve tried to up my produce intake ever since by just counting how many I eat. And it works great for filling out WW meals with zero point, healthy foods that help fill me up. So far this week I’ve had:

Fruit: Apple, green grapes, blueberries, strawberries, cherries, banana, pineapple, and lemon.

Veg: White potato, sweet potato, red, yellow, and green onion, garlic, broccoli, spinach, radishes, green beans, red and yellow bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, peas, purple cabbage, carrot, zucchini, and a salad mix with 10 or so varieties of greens.