Menu

Math Puzzle Monday

Not_a_Number

Since I've started a math blog, I thought it'd be fun to post some math puzzles every week! I thought I'd do a "Math Puzzle Monday" and post a puzzle. I'm going to try to get puzzles that are roughly related to the posts I've been working on, so the puzzle this week is useful for working on "counting on," assuming a kid can count to 40:

https://mentalmodelmath.com/2021/04/26/math-puzzle-monday/

Let me know if you like the idea or if you have requests for other Mondays 😄 . I know that I have a thread with puzzles, but I thought maybe just posting a puzzle every week would be easier for people than actually having to ask... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

Since I've started a math blog, I thought it'd be fun to post some math puzzles every week! I thought I'd do a "Math Puzzle Monday" and post a puzzle. I'm going to try to get puzzles that are roughly related to the posts I've been working on, so the puzzle this week is useful for working on "counting on," assuming a kid can count to 40:

https://mentalmodelmath.com/2021/04/26/math-puzzle-monday/

Let me know if you like the idea or if you have requests for other Mondays 😄 . I know that I have a thread with puzzles, but I thought maybe just posting a puzzle every week would be easier for people than actually having to ask... 

Thanks! I think I'm going to print a blank hexagon puzzle sheet, laminate, and let them fill it in based on these. They would enjoy that. I think the only ones I've ever seen online have been counting by 1's, so I like this challenge of counting by 3's. That will be good for their multiplication tables. So...I like this idea!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LauraClark said:

Thanks! I think I'm going to print a blank hexagon puzzle sheet, laminate, and let them fill it in based on these. They would enjoy that. I think the only ones I've ever seen online have been counting by 1's, so I like this challenge of counting by 3's. That will be good for their multiplication tables. So...I like this idea!

You mean so you can reuse them? 🙂 I’m not going to do hexagons every time, though! I have a few types of math puzzles, and I’m always working on more...

Edited by Not_a_Number

40 minutes ago, LauraClark said:

I think the BA website has some that don't go up by 1, by the way.

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

You mean so you can reuse them? 🙂 I’m not going to do hexagons every time, though! I have a few types of math puzzles, and I’m always working on more...

Oh ok. Looking forward to anything else you provide ☺️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumping up... I also have decoders, like this: 

Code_June_30-page-001.thumb.jpg.81ce24bd826c0f320ea2744a241eb509.jpg

In this puzzle, the different colors require doing a different mathematical operation. Then you have to use the decoder to find letters for each number, then you unscramble it to find the answer to the riddle. 

I use these in my Zoom classes. Thoughts? 

• 2 weeks later...