Menu

Indigo Blue

54 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

It was just a question about sodium carbonate.

I'm outraged that this was not more interesting! Don't you feel your responsibility to entertain the people on this board with something controversial?

I mean, I am sitting here needing a distraction from my son's cat giving birth and there you go posting dull questions about sodium carbonate.

I'm hurt. Deeply hurt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

56 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

It was just a question about sodium carbonate.

You missed a chance at some drama.  "I was being chased by Bigfoot and couldn't remember if I should freeze, climb a tree, or stand my ground and look "big".  Before anyone replied I went with introducing myself and we had a short chat.  Nice guy."

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, happi duck said:

You missed a chance at some drama.  "I was being chased by Bigfoot and couldn't remember if I should freeze, climb a tree, or stand my ground and look "big".  Before anyone replied I went with introducing myself and we had a short chat.  Nice guy."

You’re right. I can be so dead pan.

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

I'm outraged that this was not more interesting! Don't you feel your responsibility to entertain the people on this board with something controversial?

I mean, I am sitting here needing a distraction from my son's cat giving birth and there you go posting dull questions about sodium carbonate.

I'm hurt. Deeply hurt.

Oh my! Your son’s cat is giving birth?? You’re gonna be a cat grandma! Never mind my sodium carbonate woes! I need pictures, lady!! 😊😊😊 

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Oh my! Your son’s cat is giving birth?? You’re gonna be a cat grandma! Never mind my sodium carbonate woes! I need pictures, lady!! 😊😊😊 

She seems to have stalled. Shes on a blanket in the sunroom and we're waiting. I'm a little nervous because this cat is so. dumb.

However, we've had lots of cats give birth and never a problem. 

(one exciting thing is that my dh brought home all kinds of blankets and quilts from his late mother's house. I was not able to get rid of any them because "we might need them someday." There's this horrible polyester, chenille blanket that nobody can stand to touch. The feel of it just makes my skin crawl.  So the cat is giving birth on this awful quilt and I will be able to throw. it. away. CHEERS!

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

3 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

She seems to have stalled. Shes on a blanket in the sunroom and we're waiting. I'm a little nervous because this cat is so. dumb.

(one exciting thing is that my dh brought home all kinds of blankets and quilts from his late mother's house. I was not able to get rid of any them because "we might need them someday." There's this horrible polyester, chenille blanket that nobody can stand to touch. The feel of it just makes my skin crawl.  So the cat is giving birth on this awful quilt and I will be able to throw. it. away. CHEERS!

I hope everything goes well! 

On 4/21/2021 at 12:06 PM, fairfarmhand said:

I'm hurt. Deeply hurt.

Wait, you have kittens being born right now???  We need pictures!

Hope dumb Mama Cat is okay.  We had a dumb stray show up on our doorstep and run into our house obviously starving to death.  Took her to have her spayed and she turned out to be pregnant.  She was a good mother, and we wound up keeping one of the kittens, but honestly, the kittens were not all that bright.  We kept the brightest one from the litter, and she's still pretty dim.  But sweet.  

We could not keep Mama Cat because she tried to kill our other cats, but we found her a home.  

• Like 3

On 4/21/2021 at 9:29 AM, fairfarmhand said:

We need an update with pictures. Hope all is well with dumb mama and kittens.

Okay ya'll, sorry for the delay. I was doing funeral stuff today. My son's buddy's dad passed unexpectedly over the weekend, so me and some other ladies were at my church preparing for a meal, and then funeral, and then serving. It was sad.

ANNNNDDDD...

Po (the cat) I think miscarried. She acted in labor all day, and had bloody liquid on her bottom and legs. Then she passed a small clump of reddish tissue, which she ate. Then she slept most of the rest of yesterday. So that was disappointing, but we're glad Po's okay. Poor kitty. She was so uncomfortable yesterday.

And I don't get to throw away that darn blanket yet.

• Sad 8

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2021 at 11:55 AM, Forget-Me-Not said:

I bet you eschew glazed crockpots and make people take their shoes off at the door too!

Of course she does. OF COURSE.

(I have been so long on this forum that I am perfectly mellow about all kinds of controversial topics. But THIS topic still elicits an extreme emotional reaction from me. AS IT SHOULD.)

NO [non-medically indicated] SHOES IN THE HOUSE. 🚫👟🏠

Edited by MercyA
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Of course she does. OF COURSE.

(I have been so long on this forum that I am perfectly mellow about all kinds of controversial topics. But THIS topic still elicits an extreme emotional reaction from me. AS IT SHOULD.)

NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE. 🚫👟🏠

😁😁 I HAVE to wear shoes at all times…..so always shoes in the house, lol. Bad feet.

Aaaannnddd….

(I prefer my Instant Pot as a slow cooker with its stainless steel insert!) 

• Like 1