Menu

I need a pep talk

Elizabeth86

12 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Are you saying that your post in this thread was censored/edited without your consent and there is no note from a moderator on the post to say it had been edited and no information as to why it was done? Did you get any kind of warning?

I haven’t been around for a while until very recently, but it always used to seem like the mods would post a little comment within the same post that they’d edited, even if it was just to say, “knock it off” or something like that, so readers would know it had been changed. I mean, maybe that didn’t always happen and I just never realized that I had been reading edited posts, but my impression was that there was some indication — and I know this isn’t my decision to make, but I think there should be a notation when anyone other than the original author edits a post. After all, we can’t even fix a typo in our own posts without it being noted underneath the text!

That said, I’m so sorry you are on the front lines of all of this and I hate knowing that dedicated health care workers like you and many other boardies are being exposed to Covid every day. I hope you can stay healthy — both mentally and physically, because you must feel so frustrated and exhausted.

Sending lots of hugs.

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. My post on page one was edited to remove the word nonsense without my consent while Ellie's entire, factually inaccurate, post was allowed to stay. I was not sent a warning. There was only a vague reference from the mods that we should watch our tone in this thread. Since when are we tone policing on the chat board? I have been a member here since 2013. I have never had a post removed or censored. I am a former litigator. I am direct. That is my tone. Always has been. Nothing new about that. You know what is new? Our country giving equal time to anti-science nonsense. It is absolutely ludicrous. People are dying and I am watching them, so pardon me if my tone doesn't kowtow to conspiracies and woo.  

And now I am going to bed. It was a long shift. 

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 13

14 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. My post on page one was edited to remove the word nonsense without my consent while Ellie's entire, factually inaccurate, post was allowed to stay. I was not sent a warning. There was only a vague reference from the mods that we should watch our tone in this thread. Since when are we tone policing on the chat board? I have been a member here since 2013. I have never had a post removed or censored. I am a former litigator. I am direct. That is my tone. Always has been. Nothing new about that. You what is new? Our country giving equal time to anti-science nonsense. It is absolutely ludicrous. People are dying and I am watching them, so pardon me if my tone doesn't kowtow to conspiracies and woo.  

Thank you for taking the time to share this.

I hope you slept/sleep well!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. My post on page one was edited to remove the word nonsense without my consent while Ellie's entire, factually inaccurate, post was allowed to stay.

I don't like to criticize moderating. I've BTDT on a big, busy board and it's a thankless task.

But this bit of moderating is mind boggling on a board that is (supposedly) devoted to classical education with a strong emphasis on logic.

It makes me very sad.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

My post was edited for saying the phrase "anti-vax nonsense" while I am working in an ICU in a hospital filled with Covid patients at this very moment? Seriously? Talk about tone policing. It is absolute nonsense. Nothing she said (in a post that asked for a pep talk) was factual and I have no clue why anyone would censor my post for calling that out. We have really gone off the deep end as a nation if someone 5 weeks away from being an ICU nurse is censored, but anti-vax nonsense is allowed to run amok. 

Weird. I had a post edited with no notification too. That’s new, and disquieting. FWIW I very much appreciated your original post and this one. Stay safe out there. 💗

• Like 11

7 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

My post was edited for saying the phrase "anti-vax nonsense" while I am working in an ICU in a hospital filled with Covid patients at this very moment? Seriously? Talk about tone policing. It is absolute nonsense. Nothing she said (in a post that asked for a pep talk) was factual and I have no clue why anyone would censor my post for calling that out. We have really gone off the deep end as a nation if someone 5 weeks away from being an ICU nurse is censored, but anti-vax nonsense is allowed to run amok. 

Why would someone only take the word “nonsense” out once?

if I am looking at the correct post, you used the word nonsense twice, but it was only removed once. 

And then someone quoted you, and “nonsense” is still in the quote twice.

so odd

• Like 3

It is odd.

I'm wondering if it's a weird board glitch.

There's no notation at the bottom of the post that it was edited by a moderator. And I think when a mod edits a post that notation is automatically put there, just as it is when a poster edits their own post.

But . . . @SeaConquestapparently did edit it at some point, as there's an "ETA" paragraph at the end. But there's no board notation of that edit, either.

Edited by Pawz4me
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

It is odd.

I'm wondering if it's a weird board glitch.

There's no notation at the bottom of the post that it was edited by a moderator. And I think when a mod edits a post that notation is automatically put there, just as it is when a poster edits their own post.

But . . . @SeaConquestapparently did edit it at some point, as there's an "ETA" paragraph at the end. But there's no board notation of that edit, either.

It is very weird but the word definitely was there and now is not.  I distinctly remember it being there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pinball said:

Why would someone only take the word “nonsense” out once?

if I am looking at the correct post, you used the word nonsense twice, but it was only removed once. 

And then someone quoted you, and “nonsense” is still in the quote twice.

so odd

If someone quoted the post before it was edited and then waited to respond, pushing "Submit Reply" later, it would show the original post. It's happened to me before. See my siggy. 😉 

3 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. My post on page one was edited to remove the word nonsense without my consent while Ellie's entire, factually inaccurate, post was allowed to stay. I was not sent a warning. There was only a vague reference from the mods that we should watch our tone in this thread. Since when are we tone policing on the chat board? I have been a member here since 2013. I have never had a post removed or censored. I am a former litigator. I am direct. That is my tone. Always has been. Nothing new about that. You what is new? Our country giving equal time to anti-science nonsense. It is absolutely ludicrous. People are dying and I am watching them, so pardon me if my tone doesn't kowtow to conspiracies and woo.  

Thank you for clarifying — I wanted to be sure I wasn’t getting angry without cause. 

I completely understand your anger and frustration, and hope an explanation from the moderators will be forthcoming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bibiche said:

Weird. I had a post edited with no notification too. That’s new, and disquieting. FWIW I very much appreciated your original post and this one. Stay safe out there. 💗

Wow. I did not know this was happening. I have no idea whether or not it has ever happened to me,  because I’m not in the habit of going back and re-reading my own posts. 

1 minute ago, Catwoman said:

Wow. I did not know this was happening. I have no idea whether or not it has ever happened to me,  because I’m not in the habit of going back and re-reading my own posts. 

Me neither.  The only reason I know mine was edited was because you quoted me. 😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

I don't like to criticize moderating. I've BTDT on a big, busy board and it's a thankless task.

But this bit of moderating is mind boggling on a board that is (supposedly) devoted to classical education with a strong emphasis on logic.

It makes me very sad.

I agree — and the fact that it appears to be such selective moderating is what is even more concerning to me.

I hope there is a simple, innocent explanation, because this is troubling.

• Like 6

On 4/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, Corraleno said:

Qnuts believe that Biden has been replaced by a body double, the "proof" of which is that his ear lobes look different in photos now and a few years ago. The "real" Biden has either (1) been kidnapped and executed by Trump's minions while Trump secretly runs the country or (2) is being hidden away so people won't know he's basically a senile, drooling incompetent, depending on which "theory" you follow.

And yes, people (including Pen, who has posted about it here) really believe this.

For real? I had not heard this craziness. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

to be fair, we only know of one person on this forum who believes it. 

I was trying not to be too obvious about it. 😉

Also, I’m starting to wonder if there might be more than one, but I’m not going to say who it is, because I’m hoping I am wrong.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, pinball said:

Surely it’s not news that the concept of the political decoy has existed for generations?

There's a pretty big jump between a body double being used as a decoy in specific high-risk situations and a theory that the actual person is dead or incapacitated or under arrest and has been replaced by a duplicate while the actual decisions are being made by someone else entirely.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Danae said:

There's a pretty big jump between a body double being used as a decoy in specific high-risk situations and a theory that the actual person is dead or incapacitated or under arrest and has been replaced by a duplicate while the actual decisions are being made by someone else entirely.

I agree

My dh and I have had both doses of the Pfizer. Many friends and family have been vaccinated. I live in an area where many downplay the virus, but I also personally know three people who have died from it. Some of our kids and two of their spouses, all healthy young adults, had COVID in the fall. One very fit daughter who runs half marathons got so out of breath that she called 911. Another daughter, also young and healthy, has had long term effects...shortness of breath, chest pains. A friend's daughter is a long hauler and has had daily low grade fever and extreme fatigue for FOUR MONTHS.  A young man we know is fighting for his life, on a respirator and an ECMO machine. All of these young people are in their late twenties to mid thirties. I know many stories from other people who have lost loved ones or know long haulers.

When we got the first dose, we both had sore arms and I had a few days of vertigo/dizziness. It resolved itself, and my doctor said it could have been the vaccine but he didn't know for sure. After the second dose, our arms were more sore and I was really tired the next day and took a nap. But that's it. I'd do it again and endure a few days of dizziness to protect myself, those I love, and society at large. I'm not downplaying vaccine hesitancy, especially if it is due to allergies or other medical conditions. I don't have any underlying conditions or allergies, so I'm that much more motivated to help protect those for whom vaccination poses more of a risk.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Also, our daughter is in a religious order who cares for the elderly poor. They have lost many residents (here in the U.S. and in many other countries) and some of the sisters as well. I called a friend last summer whom I hadn't talked to in a few years. She is a nurse practitioner and when I lamented that a family we know was not being careful around their 90-something mother/grandmother, she said, "Well, she's in her 90s. She's going to die of something!" I was speechless. Yes, we're all going to die of something, but I thought of my daughter and the other sisters who have been trying so diligently to protect the elderly in their care. I don't get the cavalier attitude. Shouldn't we do what we can for others?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 6

Hey, all, I've been completely buried in family responsibilities since the beginning of the pandemic and haven't been keeping an eye on the boards. Sorry, I'm going to try to address some concerns that have come up--and yes, if a post is edited by a moderator, that should ABSOLUTELY be signposted, and an explanation should be given. I have a feeling that an option got checked/unchecked in the last automatic software update so that the standard notification is no longer appearing, but I am following up with the software gurus to find out.

It was a lot simpler back in the days with the threaded chat boards that I would turn over by hand every few days...

6 minutes ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

Hey, all, I've been completely buried in family responsibilities since the beginning of the pandemic and haven't been keeping an eye on the boards. Sorry, I'm going to try to address some concerns that have come up--and yes, if a post is edited by a moderator, that should ABSOLUTELY be signposted, and an explanation should be given. I have a feeling that an option got checked/unchecked in the last automatic software update so that the standard notification is no longer appearing, but I am following up with the software gurus to find out.

It was a lot simpler back in the days with the threaded chat boards that I would turn over by hand every few days...

Thank you so much for looking into this for us, Susan!

• Like 13

On 4/21/2021 at 10:54 AM, Catwoman said:

I agree — and the fact that it appears to be such selective moderating is what is even more concerning to me.

I hope there is a simple, innocent explanation, because this is troubling.

Yes, the selective moderating does have a simple, innocent explanation.

It's the same explanation as I always give:

You have two or three VOLUNTEER moderators, two of whom have jobs and families and rather lack time, and one of whom lives on the other side of the world in a different time zone to most of you. We don't read everything, can't read everything and we don't even always agree on what should be moderated and how. 

[Complaining] about moderation is against board rules. I could spend my morning combing this thread and deleting all that, but it seems unnecessary.

Edited by Susan Wise Bauer
Keeping language to a higher standard.

20 hours ago, Rosie_0801 said:

Yes, the selective moderating does have a simple, innocent explanation.

It's the same explanation as I always give:

You have two or three VOLUNTEER moderators, two of whom have jobs and families and rather lack time, and one of whom lives on the other side of the world in a different time zone to most of you. We don't read everything, can't read everything and we don't even always agree on what should be moderated and how. 

[Complaining] about moderation is against board rules. I could spend my morning combing this thread and deleting all that, but it seems unnecessary.

I wasn’t trying to insult you or anyone else, Rosie, but when SeaConquest posted because she was very upset that her post had been edited without her knowledge or consent, and with no notation whatsoever from the moderator who had deleted part of her post, I was wondering what was going on. It seemed odd, as the moderation has always seemed to have been very transparent in the past.

Susan has already posted to explain what happened, and I was happy with her explanation. It was, in fact, a simple and innocent explanation, and I’m glad she took the time to post here.

I’m not entirely sure why you targeted my post to scold, as I was not the only person to be curious about this, nor was I the person whose post was edited, but that’s okay.

Anyway, I don’t equate wondering what happened to “bitching about moderation,” and I sincerely apologize if my posts came across that way. I was genuinely puzzled, and yes, somewhat troubled, to find out that both @SeaConquest and @bibiche had the same experience in this one single thread. It seems that I was not alone in my concern, and I’m glad it’s all straightened out now.

I know we all appreciate the hard work you and the other moderators are doing here, Rosie, and again, I’m sorry if I offended you. 

Edited by Susan Wise Bauer
Quote edited to remove language
  • Like 4

FWIW, I'm the one who contacted the Helpdesk to complain about mods changing posts without notice and asking that automatic notification be turned on for mods just like it is for posters. I'm glad Susan is taking care of it, and I don't think Catwoman should be getting flak for commenting on the problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

I don't think Catwoman should be getting flak for commenting on the problem.

She's not. She's getting flack for insinuating that there's something sinister in the moderating, because this isn't the first or second time she's done that or that I have nicely explained why things get moderated as they do.

2 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

FWIW, I'm the one who contacted the Helpdesk to complain about mods changing posts without notice and asking that automatic notification be turned on for mods just like it is for posters. I'm glad Susan is taking care of it, and I don't think Catwoman should be getting flak for commenting on the problem.

Thank you. I really appreciate that!

• Like 1

Just now, Rosie_0801 said:

She's not. She's getting flack for insinuating that there's something sinister in the moderating, because this isn't the first or second time she's done that or that I have nicely explained why.

I’m sorry, Rosie, but I disagree with you.

If you want to refer to my posts as “insinuating that there was something sinister,” I guess you can do that, but it certainly wasn’t my intention. 

I did, however, want to know what was going on, as did others. We had never known the moderators to edit posts without any comment, and I think we were justified in being disconcerted that a few people had posts edited without the usual notation. The people involved were concerned that the edits may have altered the tone of their posts, and I don’t think it was wrong of any of us to wonder if that sort of stealth editing would continue to happen in the future. As it turns out, it was just a glitch. No big deal.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about when you say “this isn’t the first or second time she has done that,” though.  You seem very angry with me, and I have no clue what I did to you, and I don’t appreciate it that you’re trying to depict me as some sort of long-term villain here. 

Susan has already very kindly answered the questions I had, and I had already posted to thank her, so I am baffled as to why you insisted on singling me out after everything had already been settled to everyone’s satisfaction. I don’t have anything against you, Rosie, and I think you and the other moderators do a very consistently great job, so I hope we can move past this. I really didn’t mean to offend you!

3 minutes ago, Rosie_0801 said:

I agree that you and I had concluded our business.

The post you quoted in your last post was my response to Corraleno.

Yes, Rosie, I saw that, but since you were talking about me, I thought I should respond to try to clarify things and hopefully try to make things right with you. 

Ok, I’ll stop bothering you now! 🙂 

The part that people don't understand is that the nice friendly old Wuhan Covid that they came to know and love (yes, I am being cheeky about that part) is no more. If you had Covid before March of this year, you likely had Wuhan Covid. Going forward, if you have Covid, you aren't getting Wuhan Covid, you are getting B117 (the British variant), B1351 (the South African variant), P1 (the Brazilian variant), or B1427/B1429 (the California variants, which is what crushed us). These are variants of concern that have outcompeted the old Wuhan Covid because they are more transmissible and, in some cases, more lethal (because monoclonal antibody treatments or current vaccines don't work as well against them) or cause more morbidity because their mutations make them easier to spread throughout the body (for example, easier to cross the blood brain barrier -- no bueno).

So, the more Covid that we allow to roam free in the population, the more likely it is that Covid will find ways to mutate to evade our treatments. It's a cat and mouse game and time is of the essence with a rapidly evolving virus. The answer isn't to throw our hands up in the air and just let it kill people. The answer is to reach herd immunity as quickly as possible through vaccination, which is a much quicker and more durable immunity that DOESN'T REQUIRE PEOPLE TO DIE TO REACH IT. And all of this anti-vax misinformation, which we know is being fed by US adversaries (primarily Russian bots: https://www.brandeis.edu/now/2020/november/social-media-vaccine-disinformation.html) is making it very difficult for us to do that because people don't understand that they are not just harming themselves, they are harming all of us, furthering the objectives of our adversaries (who want to see in-fighting and sow distrust), and making this pandemic go on and on when they choose not to vaccinate. Unless you have a legitimate medical reason not to vaccinate, that has been made in consultation with your physician, skipping these very safe and highly effective vaccines, *at this moment in time*, is simply an incredibly foolish and selfish act, and there is just no way to sugar coat or censor that fact. And, as was mentioned above, to deny that fact is on par with denying the moon landing. The scientific consensus among the immunologists, virologists, and epidemiologists involved in the frontlines of this research is simply that great.

If you are vaccine hesitant, and want to follow the people who actually study this stuff in real time, I am happy to give you names to follow on Twitter. I am also happy to do my best to translate their scientific chatter into lay terms with the caveat that I do not have a PhD in this stuff, but generally understand enough to follow along.

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 15

This is where we are in this pandemic, to give you a global view of what is happening:

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1384869565558034432/photo/1

This is what vaccines have done in the UK:

https://twitter.com/IHoward1749/status/1384879008408539140/photo/1

And in Israel:

https://twitter.com/RanBalicer/status/1383476457062637577/photo/1

As was mentioned earlier, this is what happens when you don't have access to vaccines and the new supercharged variants of Covid are allowed to run free (and even more supercharged mutations are likely to spin off once you try to fight this one back -- that's why you have to contain with vaccination ASAP, before it gets this bad). India's epidemic is doubling in size every 14 days, with 250K or more new cases reported daily. Hospitals are running out of beds, PPE, and oxygen. Worse, the official reports are gross undercounts.

https://twitter.com/_gleng_/status/1384879368875528192/photo/1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/20/narendra-modi-covid-resurgence-in-india-like-being-hit-by-a-storm

Since I am currently in Texas, they have found a new variant here that they are calling BV-1. It was found in the saliva of a Texas A&M student. Researchers have not found the strain in other individuals yet, but called its genetic make-up “concerning” because it may be resistant to antibodies. Only a matter of time before they find more, IMO.

More on who is behind anti-vax misinformation:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.08.21255107v1.full.pdf

Re herd immunity through infection:

Sweden tried it in 2020. Didn't go so well. Now the country, "has a 7-day average of 625 new infections per million people." Compares with:

- 521 in Poland
- 491 France
- 430 Netherlands
- 237 Italy
- 208 Germany
- 132 Norway
- 111 Denmark
- 65 Finland

And Sweden’s experiment resulted in hundreds MORE DEATHS when all the neighboring countries closed down and enforced social distancing despite Sweden's population being spread out over bigger areas compared to neighboring countries.... All and all, a huge failure.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/13/sweden-has-highest-new-covid-cases-per-person-in-europe

So yeah, if I seem crabby and blunt about all of this, this is why. People just don't see what is happening. Please take the time to watch these videos, if you haven't seen them before. These Covid nurses are amazing. I have so much respect and admiration for them.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/100000007578176/covid-icu-nurses-arizona.html

https://www.wsj.com/video/covid-chasers-the-nurses-fighting-coronavirus-from-hot-spot-to-hot-spot/E05FF3C1-0873-4AF9-ADA1-9F1CECE24065.html

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 18

https://www.newyorker.com/science/medical-dispatch/a-doctors-dark-year

This a really harrowing profile of a doctor who was doing a surgical residency in Boston when covid hit last spring. She was moved from surgery to the covid ICU floor, where the death rate was 50%. Then she accepted a job in Texas just in time to hit the summer surge there. She developed severe PTSD to the point of being suicidal. She took some time off and is beginning to heal, but still has recurring nightmares and flashbacks. She was one of the first to get vaccinated last December, and had this to say:

“Getting the vaccine was one of the best days of my life. But I also thought of all the people I’d treated and all the people who’d died. What they wouldn’t have given for that little poke. What they wouldn’t have given to still be alive.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Thank you @SeaConquest , for that summary of the race we -- all of us, the whole freaking WORLD -- are in, whether we know it or not, whether we like it or not, between getting the whole freaking WORLD to vaccination vs the rise of new variants.

As one more data point illustraing that race, today the CDC published a summary of a new variant that quickly spread through a skilled nursing facility in Kentucky.  The headlines are: a) the mRNA vaccines did a pretty good job protecting against a new variant that evolved after they were produced; b) folks that were NOT vaccinated were at substantially higher risk of substantially worse outcomes...

The risk for poor outcomes among unvaccinated SNF residents is highlighted by the hospitalization of four of the six unvaccinated, infected residents, and two subsequent deaths, including in one previously infected resident. This underscores the importance of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ recommendation that all persons, including those who have recovered from COVID-19, be vaccinated.†††

Low acceptance of vaccination among SNF HCP might increase the likelihood of SARS-CoV-2 introduction and transmission within a facility. Nationally, a median of 37.5% of HCP working in long-term care facilities had received at least 1 dose of vaccine by mid-January 2021 (9). Although the vaccination rate in this SNF surpassed this early national rate, approximately one half of HCP were vaccinated. To protect SNF residents, it is imperative that HCP, as well as SNF residents, be vaccinated. A continued emphasis on strategies for prevention of disease transmission, even among vaccinated populations, is also critical.

... and c) we may not be so fortunate with other variants that arise. 

It is a race. And as a nation we're taking our foot off the accelerator.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

So now you should be able to see that I edited two of the posts on this page...there should be a notation at the bottom. Yes? (I'm hoping it's not merely visible to admins.)

Yes, I can see the notations. Thank you!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

So now you should be able to see that I edited two of the posts on this page...there should be a notation at the bottom. Yes? (I'm hoping it's not merely visible to admins.)

I see them, too! 

Although now it looks like I was using bad language, when the offensive language in question was actually in Rosie’s post that I had quoted... but I did “quote her quote” in my own post, so I guess I’m guilty, too! 😉 

Oh well. I can live with it! 😄 

Thanks again for staying on top of this for all of us, Susan!

Edited by Catwoman
Words are hard.
  • Haha 2

And, for the vaccine hesitant... more pep talk...

Yes, you may not die of Covid, but let's talk about morbidity. Nature just published the largest study of post-covid sequelae, >70,000 hospitalized, >13,000 out-patients, with controls, characterizing the significant risks across all organ systems.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03553-9 

The study explained:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/22/health/covid-patients-health-risks-long-term.html

"The health effects of Covid-19 not only can stretch for months but appear to increase the risk of death and chronic medical conditions, even in people who were never sick enough to be hospitalized, a large new study finds.

In the study, published Thursday in the journal Nature, researchers looked at medical records of more than 73,000 people across the United States whose coronavirus infections did not require hospitalization. Between one and six months after becoming infected, those patients had a significantly greater risk of death — 60 percent higher — than people who had not been infected with the virus."

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1385287742033072135/photo/1

Or, how about the myth that Covid only impacts the old and infirm (like it's ok to sacrifice those folks??? what a grotesque commentary on our culture). My own personal anecdotes, I had two friends in their 40s on ventilators with Covid. Both were very healthy, went to the gym regularly, one ran marathons, were normal BMI, no serious comorbidities (one had exercise-induced asthma that was controlled with albuterol). Both survived, likely because they were young and very healthy. One of my friends from high school's husband (also in his 40s) died, leaving behind two young kids. Another of my friend's from high school nearly lost her husband (also in his 40s); he was on a vent. He is still recovering from Covid months later. That's just off the top of my head as a Gen-Xer. 

"Young and healthy people can expect to recover fully and quickly." — Trump, March 11, 2020. The leading causes of death by age.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1385265455326064648/photo/1

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Thanks 11