Menu

Apartment Prepping

saraha

Our aspie ds21 is launching, yay! He will be moving to an apartment almost an hour away, but only half an hour from my dh's job. His building is on a main thoroughfare in town. He doesn't drive. This is probably too much information but just putting everything out there. I want to start thinking how to help him be as prepped as he can be in an all electric apartment building.

He will be taking his own stash of flashlights and lantern, and I know about filling his cabinets with shelf stable food that doesn't need to be cooked. What else can you think of?

Thanks!

I’m just starting to think through the same stuff for my stb19yo. It’s kinda easier for her because she’s an EMT and (if all goes well) will be a few doors down from the station. So I’m not exactly going to load her up with extra serious first aid stuff.  If she can’t walk, a coworker will come get her. If she can walk, she’s got the keys to much more than I have! Lol.
But everyday first aid, of course.

Basic tool kit.
Extra blankets.
Manual can opener and back up manual can opener. 
I’m obsessive about stocking plenty of toothbrushes and toothpaste so I don’t find myself in a pinch.
Water.
Cell phone battery back up.
List of important phone numbers on the off chance a phone loses that info. Or the phone itself gets lost.

A meeting plan. Not that I *actually* think we’ll need it, but dd’s current plan is to hike 2 miles through the woods from her friend’s house to ours if there were some reason she couldn’t safely drive the 3 miles of main road.  No big deal.  The new place she’s looking at is 40 minutes away, so that won’t work!

Now you’ve got me thinking...

• Like 1

Yeah, ultimately our plan in case of an eotwawki would be to get him and bring him back to our farm, but it’s a long way to walk! Also, as a man, he would not be our first child to retrieve, our dd in college would be.

I would love to get him a three wheeled bike, but dh says that would make him a target and would have no good place to have it in new apartment