Menu

Prayers for my in-laws (Update in 1st post)

mlktwins

Update:  My FIL passed away today.  While we thought we might have 2 weeks to a month, he died a week and a day after entering hospice.  While we are notifying everyone, doing paper work, and planning a funeral, my MIL is not doing well and we aren't sure how much time she has.  Tomorrow, despite our grief, the focus will need to shift 100% to her.  Please continue to pray for us...

In a span of 3 weeks, both of my in-laws (both 94), started declining very rapidly.  We entered them in home hospice yesterday.  We are so sad.

They met in 1st grade, they've been married over 75 almost 73 years, and their birthdays are 1 day apart.  I guess they are going to leave this earth close together too.

Please pray that they are comfortable and peaceful.  Please pray for my DH and his siblings.  DH has been carrying a lot of the load in caregiving and as POA and is just exhausted and in shock.

Please pray for me to provide the support I need for all of them.

TIA

ETA:  See correction above.  

Edited by mlktwins
  • Like 3
  • Sad 41

16 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Hugs. My grandparents went into hospice together and died just a few weeks apart. It was a blessing to each of them to know that they wouldn't be apart long, but it was so hard on their kids.

Thank you!  Yes, it will be hard to lose both so close together 😪!

Edited by mlktwins
  • Sad 1

Many prayers for your IL's, DH, and you.

I know my SIL, after doing the bulk of caring for my MIL, had a hard time with feeling relief right after MIL passing.  She felt like she shouldn't feel that way.  I and DH really tried to make sure we loved on her and let her know that all her feelings were valid.  She was carrying a large burden physically, mentally, and emotionally in caring for MIL through her illness and hospice care plus then being the executor of MIL's estate.  It was that first big holiday that hit her hard and the real grieving started for her.  We made sure to be with her even though it isn't a holiday we normally spend with extended family.

When it comes to grieving and coming to peace with losing loved ones, there are no "shoulds" when it comes to one's emotions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• mlktwins changed the title to Prayers for my in-laws (Update in 1st post)
  • 3 weeks later...