Menu

Living Life On the Dangerous Side!

Moonhawk

I'm a risky risk taker. I just started my taxes this morning, *knowing* that I can't remember where I put the 1099 file folder. I haven't even begun to look for it. 

Any other wild-side livers here? Perhaps you put the milk jug back into the fridge before putting on the cap? Don't check the lid before shaking the ketchup??

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

@Seasider too Gasp! I've avoided ALL tax thoughts so didn't even think to check. Sweet! I can now close all of my half-started spreadsheets without making any notes of what I've done already, so that in May I can frantically try to decode them for an hour before just starting over again! Thanks for the heads up!! 😜

• Haha 22

My understanding was that Federal had been pushed back but not all the states did so depending on where you live, you might still need to get your state done (which means you need to do federal too). Sorry to burst your bubble but just want you to check everything before putting it off.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

I thought the filing deadline was pushed back till May due to Covid?

Federal pushed back the deadine for federal tax but each state decides if they want to push back state tax deadlines. 

California did push back the deadline to be the same as federal. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonhawk said:

Any other wild-side livers here? Perhaps you put the milk jug back into the fridge before putting on the cap? Don't check the lid before shaking the ketchup??

Oh yeah. That's me.

Sometimes I let the gas gauge get all the way down to just 1/3 of a tank before I stop to refill.

😉 

• Haha 6

Just last night I organized all our tax papers in piles on the dining room table, where they will stay until I'm done. Made a checklist and completed the first item. With sole proprietor income there's a lot of prep we have to do but our CPA files our return, so I need to get it to him soon, ideally by this weekend. 

Every year I tell myself we'll tabulate business income and expenses as the year goes on but we don't, so it's a freaking nightmare come tax season. This year we're putting monthly "Taxes & Takeout" nights on the calendar, AND I'm putting instructions in the file on exactly what we should be doing on those evenings, because after 23 years of marriage we still need help adulting....

I like living dangerously but it's taken a psychological toll!

Edited by Acadie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

Oh yeah. That's me.

Sometimes I let the gas gauge get all the way down to just 1/3 of a tank before I stop to refill.

😉

I've been trying to figure out how low my gas tank can go before it is actually down to fumes and runs out. My old car would turn on a light at a point and then ding incessantly to tell you it really meant it. My new car (fast forward 20 years) is much more polite. It quietly mentions it on the display at 1/8th tank, and it really hasn't gotten opinionated and bossy about it yet. 

I don't know the psychology of it. Does the car expect that if you can afford the car you can also afford to pull over and buy gas and so will not make much of a fuss? Or does it have a chime or something? Like I said, it's a very polite car. I haven't found out yet, but I keep trying. :biggrin:

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

Oh yeah. That's me.

😉

6 hours ago, PeterPan said:

I've been trying to figure out how low my gas tank can go before it is actually down to fumes and runs out. My old car would turn on a light at a point and then ding incessantly to tell you it really meant it. My new car (fast forward 20 years) is much more polite. It quietly mentions it on the display at 1/8th tank, and it really hasn't gotten opinionated and bossy about it yet. 

I don't know the psychology of it. Does the car expect that if you can afford the car you can also afford to pull over and buy gas and so will not make much of a fuss? 

My husband received a speeding ticket in Oregon because we were almost out of gasoline coming down from Crater Lake National Park after sunset and he sped to the nearest gas station. The speed limit was 35mph and he didn’t notice.

@PeterPan your car expects you to have AAA membership to bail you out if you really run out of gasoline.

California refunded our state tax but Federal has not deducted what we owe in federal tax yet. We filed 12 days ago. 

• Like 2