Menu

How to keep my exercise ball from rolling?

Jean in Newcastle

I am literally black and blue from falling off of that thing.  I have a really weak core which is what I'm working on with the ball to begin with.  But it's really only by luck that all I've come away with is some bruises.  Is there something I can put to stabilize this thing and keep it from rolling out from under me?  The hardest is trying to do crunches on this thing.  I do put my legs out wide and that helps but not totally. 

40 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Hmm...my son's PT is kind of leery of exercise balls as universal exercise equipment. Maybe you need a little PT before starting it. 

Otherwise, maybe on a yoga mat with some rolled up towels tucked around it from several directions.

I just finished nine straight months of PT. I am now working with a personal trainer who works out of the PT office. 

• Like 2

Maybe do exercises without the ball?  It sounds like it's not terribly safe for you and you can exercise all of those muscles without fear of falling.  Once your core is stronger, you can always add the ball back later.  You should be coming away with sore muscles, not bruises.

• Thanks 1