Menu

Is everything digital now?

EKT

I'm curious: Is everything about the application process digital nowadays? (Did anyone actually send in transcripts or application paperwork, etc. via snail mail?)

Likewise, do people still get "fat envelopes" for acceptances, or is that info delivered digitally, too? 

(I was fascinated by the earlier thread about the swag colleges sent peoples' kids. I never got anything like that! Part of me thinks it sounds super fun, and part of me was thinking: I'd rather they just lower the tuition costs instead of sending out 8,000 t-shirts, tote bags, masks and bumper stickers every year, lol.) 

Edited by EKT

My undergraduate institution is still sending out physical letters. They don't send out swag, except a sticker, but it's an nice acceptance envelope with a letter that outlines the next steps and includes some rah-rah info (you're great, we're great, you're going to love us!). 

• Like 1

Ds got letters from a lot of places, I think everywhere but I can't keep track. But he got the email first. Some places then sent a packet that included financial aid offer. Some places sent a packet of material and financial aid separately. And many of them sent some kind of swag. We have been torn between...this is cool and your reaction of "maybe you could just lower the tuition a little?".

• Like 2

A few places wanted an actual physically signed by me (and one wanted notarized) transcript, others were fine with an e-mailed copy.  I don't think that is required from public schooled kids, though.  Everything from DDs end was digital, including all deposit$.  She did get actual paper acceptances, but they took forever via mail,  and she always got an email acceptance first.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BusyMom5 said:

A few places wanted an actual physically signed by me (and one wanted notarized) transcript, others were fine with an e-mailed copy.  I don't think that is required from public schooled kids, though.  Everything from DDs end was digital, including all deposit$.  She did get actual paper acceptances, but they took forever via mail,  and she always got an email acceptance first.  

So good to know, thanks!