Menu

E-bikes

MeaganS

I just ordered a RadRunner Plus and I am so excited. Its backordered until May so I have a bit of a wait. I'm not looking to replace my car but do think I'll use it instead of my car fairly often now that I can leave the kids home by themselves. Any other ebike owners here?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kbutton said:

No, but I've considered it for the future. We don't live in a bike friendly area though, so I hesitate to get attached to the idea. Some friends who do live in a bike friendly area got pedal assist bikes, and I think they've liked them. 

Yeah, our area is pretty bike friendly, with miles of bike paths all around town. Riding bikes is fun but we have lots of big hills and I hate getting all sweaty. Now I'll be able to take advantage of the beauty of the trails without it being intimidating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theelfqueen said:

I wanted one and somehow ended up with scooters instead (DH is convincing). I broke my face lol 

I still want one -my city just expanded the trails they're allowed on. 

Ouch!  When we moved here four years ago I got a regular bike.  I managed to get my pants caught on it when dismounting and fell.  I stopped riding after that.  😂  I just bought myself one of those adult tricycles, though, because I miss riding but don’t want to hurt myself again!  I’m going to be a fat lady on a tricycle, but I just don’t care anymore; bike riding is too much fun!  

An ebike sounds awesome.  Have fun with it, Meagan!

Husband and I just ordered MOD e-bikes. They are on backorder till Mid-May, we are really excited.  We are a few blocks from an old-town area, we walk there almost daily, but would like the option of using the bikes, and my 12 year old labradoodle is too old to walk there and back- I'm going to order a trailer for my bike, so I can bring her along to our daily jaunts. 

Ok, now I’m jealous.  We live in a great neighborhood for walking or riding bikes, but to go anywhere outside of the neighborhood, you have to take a 2 lane road with no shoulder.  It’s very dangerous to walk or ride along.  I really wish they would put in sidewalks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...