Menu

Tackling Saturday Together

mom31257

Good morning!

Storms are moving in this morning, so I will put off my grocery shopping until this afternoon

• meals
  • lesson planning for next week
  • do our taxes
  • grocery shopping
  • continue going through school books deciding what to keep and what to sell (the unknown of future teaching makes it difficult)
  • play a game, watch something
  • Like 2

Good morning! We had or are having the same storms here.  I just woke up st 7:45 and have s headache, which is rare for me nowadays.   

Work on taxes

Virtual seminars on AS 

Go to orchestra playing Sgt Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band.

I hope my headache goes away soon or at least before tomorrow.  I get my second vaccine shot tomorrow.

• Like 3

Our storms missed us last night; hope y'all do okay with y'all's. 

Today I have:

...rescheduled the guys' 2nd doses, so that youngest & middle can go hang out all day with their/our friend who is moving out of state next week. 
...gone to hobby lobby for zippers for a project/gift for my friend; came home having spent $62 on misc. other things semi-tangentially related to the same project (plus other stuff)
....folded & put away a load of laundry
....washed sheets, got them into the dryer
....dropped off the 2 boys at the friend's house
....need to spend the next 4 hours sewing the project/gift
....go pick up the guys, visit with friend/her DH since we missed their goodbye function last week
....dinner out of leftovers from yesterday (which was chx fajitas, interestingly enough, Scout....)
...after dinner, maybe Stranger Things, maybe just all veg out; part will depend how everyone is processing the pending move of said friends - this is highly likely the "final goodbye" visit before they leave

gotta sew. Wish me luck! I've made this project 2x before (once, but made 2 of it), and I *think* it can be done in the time I have.......but I could be wrong. It *can* be mailed to her after/to meet her there if not. 

This is what I'm making: https://blog.lellaboutique.com/2015/07/goody-goody-binding-kit/  It's super fun; she saw mine and was way impressed, so....

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone. I am finally on Spring Break and hope to get tons accomplished. So far today I have bought and planted 4 plants, done some weeding and moving rocks, had oatmeal for breakfast and salad for lunch. For the rest of the day, the plan is:

Continue weeding-did a lot, done for the day

Work in one  bedroom-did some drawers today

Work on the mail-done

Work on the filing cabinet-have a big pile ready to shred, but not finished yet

Cook dinner-a shrimp recipe from pinterest-done

Shower and wash my hair and moisturize

Use Nair to take the fuzzies off my face-done

There is plenty more I can start on if I finish this!!

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 2

Reader, that is such a cute gift! You make me want to take up sewing, but I would be starting from scratch. 

I did our taxes this morning, and we owe $200 less than I thought we would! 

We watched the college livestream event this morning. The big one is at 4:00 when they give away some scholarships. Ds says he has never won a drawing in his life and won't win. I'm sure there are hundreds of people registered for this, but we can always hope! 

I got a meal plan and grocery list together and headed out to shop. The rain wasn't bad at all. I'm back home, and everything is put away. 

• Like 1

Reader, I hate saying good bye, too. If we move from here, I'll have a lot of friends to leave. We've lived here for 17 years. 

Ds didn't win anything in the drawing. There were only 6 that he could have won, so I'm sure the odds were slim. 

I watched another episode of The English Game. Just one left that I'll watch later tonight or tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Hi guys!  I'm rounding out the laziest week of my life with a really unproductive Saturday.  Yay me?

The only thing I accomplished was getting the pup to walk all the way down to the corner without too many treats or nips.

I have a ton of work to do.  Not sure when my focus will kick in.

• Like 2

I made BLT's on this garlic loaf bread I found in the bakery section of the store. It had whole pieces of garlic baked into it. 

I think the bakery section is very underrated. You can take the simple and ordinary and turn them into restaurant quality items with some of the things you can find there. 

I just got through grading a geometry test sent to me earlier in the week. This kid did not need to do Algebra 1 in 8th grade nor Geometry in 9th. They are considering going back to do some more algebra and personal finance before Algebra 2. I'm so glad! 

Why do parents feel the need to push Algebra 1 in 8th grade? The brain development is more often not there than it is in my experience with tutoring all these years. I wish schools hadn't pushed some of it into regular middle school classes. Sorry for the math rant! 

• Like 1

Amy, wow....17 yrs in one place. It's so unimaginable to me, LOL! (we're in our 12th different house/home in 23+ yrs of marriage, and at almost 7 yrs in this house is the longest we've been in one spot.....). 

Our friends who are leaving have been here since 2001; I'm sure the goodbyes are much harder on their end even though they're moving "back home" -- I know from experience what a mixed bag that is. Their youngest will be entering 12th grade when school starts this fall; I'm praying for him to find and make some good friends between now and then and have a good year; that's such a hard transition year (our oldest was 11th grade when we came here....it was so very hard). 

And YES to the bakery section; we utilize ours as well, for the same things. You can really elevate the mundane by grabbing some of those yummy breads and things. 

• Like 1