Menu

Prolonged reaction symptoms after vaccination

klmama

It took me about a week after the first one to feel fully normal again. It hit me fairly hard, actually. I wasn't sick sick, but had to sleep quite a bit (as in, could not NOT sleep) and it really disrupted my sleep cycle for a good week.

I just had the second one yesterday, and am happy to report that it's been pretty mild. My arm is a bit sore and I had a bit of a very low fever (took Tylenol) and just feel a bit low-energy, but MUCH better than the first.

Hopefully, your friend will feel better soon, but might be a good idea to touch base with her health care provider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

My arm was sore and the soreness spread to my shoulder blade. It took a week to go away.  I also had flu symptoms for 24 hours and low energy for a week  I'm fine now. It may just take some time.

24 minutes ago, Happy2BaMom said:

It took me about a week after the first one to feel fully normal again. It hit me fairly hard, actually. I wasn't sick sick, but had to sleep quite a bit (as in, could not NOT sleep) and it really disrupted my sleep cycle for a good week.

I just had the second one yesterday, and am happy to report that it's been pretty mild. My arm is a bit sore and I had a bit of a very low fever (took Tylenol) and just feel a bit low-energy, but MUCH better than the first.

Hopefully, your friend will feel better soon, but might be a good idea to touch base with her health care provider.

Did you feel completely better before getting your second dose?  They are concerned about getting a second dose in a week if the first one caused so many symptoms (pain, malaise, mental fog) and they aren't completely over it yet.  Apparently, they don't have a primary care provider.  I wonder if their health insurance has a nurse's line.  I'll suggest they call and ask.

7 minutes ago, klmama said:

Did you feel completely better before getting your second dose?  They are concerned about getting a second dose in a week if the first one caused so many symptoms (pain, malaise, mental fog) and they aren't completely over it yet.  Apparently, they don't have a primary care provider.  I wonder if their health insurance has a nurse's line.  I'll suggest they call and ask.

If the relative just got the 1st one a week ago, they should not be getting the second next week.  They are supposed to be given a month apart.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, athena1277 said:

If the relative just got the 1st one a week ago, they should not be getting the second next week.  They are supposed to be given a month apart.

Really?  They told me they were supposed to do it 14 days apart.  It was Pfizer.  

42 minutes ago, klmama said:

The gap is twelve weeks between doses in the UK, so that's not an issue. A nurse line would be a good idea.

2 hours ago, klmama said:

A relative living alone in another city was vaccinated last weekend and has been dealing with symptoms ever since.  Is there a recommended protocol for recovering from vaccine after-effects?  

Just to lie around and drink enough and let your body do its thing, I think. I've heard quite a few people having symptoms for a week or so, so I don't think it's super worrisome. 

18 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Just to lie around and drink enough and let your body do its thing, I think. I've heard quite a few people having symptoms for a week or so, so I don't think it's super worrisome. 

Thank you.