Jump to content

Menu

Looking for some lightweight, breathable capris


Recommended Posts

We are heading to Disney next week with our grandkids. The weather looks like it will be in the mid 80's so I want something that won't feel hot to wear like jeans. My legs are too winter white to wear shorts so I need some comfortable capris. Pockets would be a bonus but I'll have a backpack so it won't be the end of the world if I don't have any. Help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea on capris, but how about a summer dress?  

So happy for you that you get to go to Disney with the grandkids!  🙂  ❤️

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on where you live if they are out yet-  Costco has these wonderful capris with deep pockets by 32 degrees.  Very nice, breathable and not see thru.  
 

Don’t worry about being too white white.  Wear the shorts if you want as there will be others doing the same.  It is Disney after all. 

Edited by itsheresomewhere
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:


 

Don’t worry about being too white white.  Wear the shorts if you want as there will be others doing the same.  It is Disney after all. 

I just came back here to say the same thing!  She should wear whatever she's comfortable in.  No one cares about white legs!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kassia said:

No idea on capris, but how about a summer dress?  

So happy for you that you get to go to Disney with the grandkids!  🙂  ❤️

 

Thanks! I almost can't stand it I'm so excited. I've got a skort and a couple of longer skirts that skim just above the knee that I might wear. I worry about wearing them on the rides because nobody wants to see that. LOL

1 hour ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Depending on where you live if they are out yet-  Costco has these wonderful capris with deep pockets by 32 degrees.  Very nice, breathable and not see thru.  
 

Don’t worry about being too white white.  Wear the shorts if you want as there will be others doing the same.  It is Disney after all. 

I should of thought of Costco! It's where I got the skort I'm going to wear but I didn't think to look there for capris as well. Thanks for the reminder to check them out. 

I have very dry skin so even after using moisturizer my legs still have extra white glow to them. It's kind of embarrassing. I do have some longer knee length shorts that I could take that might tone down all that whiteness. They are jean shorts so they could act as backup in case I don't find anything else.

1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

Are you near a Belk?  They have quite a few styles listed online.     I agree with the summer dress idea, too!

I do! Thank you for the idea. Belk is my mother's favorite store so maybe we could have a mother/daughter shopping trip. Yay!

1 hour ago, AmandaVT said:

Thank you! Old Navy and Belk are in the same mall so I can check them both out. I know that Old Navy has opened its dressing rooms which is a huge bonus. I recently shopped at Ross and Marshalls only to need to return their clothes because the dressing rooms are closed. So frustrating.

Thanks for all the great ideas! Only one week until I see my favorite littles. 

Edited by stephanier.1765
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

. I've got a skort and a couple of longer skirts that skim just above the knee that I might wear. I worry about wearing them on the rides because nobody wants to see that. LOL

 

I have very dry skin so even after using moisturizer my legs still have extra white glow to them. It's kind of embarrassing. I do have some longer knee length shorts that I could take that might tone down all that whiteness.

I was thinking the same thing about the rides!  LOL!  That would get a lot more attention than the white legs!  

I have white legs with huge bulging varicose veins from top to bottom.  I usually cover them up but if it's really hot I just let go of being self-conscious and go for comfort.  I tried self-tanning cream before and let's just say I wasn't very good at applying it.  😛

Don't worry about those legs - just have a wonderful time!!!!  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Banana Republic has some nice linen cropped pants (I don't know if that counts as capris in your book or not?).  But I don't know if they would arrive in time?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

We are heading to Disney next week with our grandkids. The weather looks like it will be in the mid 80's so I want something that won't feel hot to wear like jeans. My legs are too winter white to wear shorts so I need some comfortable capris. Pockets would be a bonus but I'll have a backpack so it won't be the end of the world if I don't have any. Help!

I love my Columbia capris!  Great travel pants. Well, I bought them for travel but I wear them everyday.  Lightweight, pockets, comfy.  ‘Columbia women’s anytime outdoor capris’.  Can find on Amazon.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, at Disney, you see all shapes/sizes/colors/etc...and half of them are letting it all hang out, lol. You'll probably be safe wearing whatever is comfy. 😉

Re: rides and flashing. Other than the risk when stepping into and out of rides, most of them enclose the legs so (unlike hanging rides at other parks) your skirt should remain pretty contained/stable, should you go that route. (I totally butchered that sentence but you get the drift...)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the Colombia votes. I've ordered a pair and they should be here Sunday. If they are as light as the picture looks, I should be able to wash them in the hotel room after the first day, let them dry and wear something else for the second, and they'll be ready for our last and third day. I'm super excited for them to get here. They look like something I would wear often so that's a great bonus too.

7 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

Also, at Disney, you see all shapes/sizes/colors/etc...and half of them are letting it all hang out, lol. You'll probably be safe wearing whatever is comfy. 😉

Re: rides and flashing. Other than the risk when stepping into and out of rides, most of them enclose the legs so (unlike hanging rides at other parks) your skirt should remain pretty contained/stable, should you go that route. (I totally butchered that sentence but you get the drift...)

I love wearing skirts and dresses when it's hot. They are leaps and bounds cooler than anything else. I have one that's super comfortable, elastic waisted cute and pretty much goes with everything. I think I might just give wearing it a try. If I start to feel self conscious, I can always go back to the room to change.

Disney must be like Walmart with people letting it all hang out. 😂You gave me the best mental image. LOL

Thanks everyone for the help! You are the first ones I think of when I need ideas or opinions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...