Menu

I just joined WW

Scarlett

I am on the Green Plan.  It has been a couple of years since I was on it.  Anyone else doing it?  I just have to reel myself in on my eating.  Hopefully some accountability for a couple of months will help.  I need to lose at least 10 pounds.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, City Mouse said:

I rejoined back in September. I am also on green, and I have lost 26 lbs so far.

26 pounds since September!?  That is amazing!  

My clothes are really getting too small for me.  I just can't stomach the idea of buying new clothes in the size I am in now.  I need some new clothes but I want to lose weight first.

7 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

Good for you.  I loosely do an old WW program on my own and am down  50+ pounds.  My friend has lost 115+ on WW in the past 18 months.

That is amazing.  You and your friend.  

Dh and I bought kayaks this weekend and we are ready to get some exercise and sunshine.  I know I will feel better if I lose at least 10 pounds.  I would LOVE to get back down to what I weighed 11 years ago when I met dh which was 127 (20 pounds)  But that might be a stretch at this point in my life.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

I'm not on WW, but I really need to do something. I've gained about 9 pounds since covid started.  

About the same for me.  Actually I did ok through most of last year.  We had a 10 day cold snap here (It was near zero for days) and I put most of this weight on during that time.  Weird.

I use the app Lose It. You can pay to upgrade it, but the free version is fine for me. I needed to lose 15 pounds about 2.5 years ago and lost 17 on it. It took a few months, but I met my goal. I kept the weight off until Covid. This past covid year, I’ve gained four pounds and am currently working on losing those 4 again. Once covid hit, I started baking. A lot. A lot a lot!

However, for those who have eating disorders, you’ll want to be careful using the app, because it’s a calorie counting app, and I’ve heard that people with eating disorders can struggle with counting calories and have negative effects from it. 

My husband used the app because he had heart disease and *had* to lose weight. He lost about 40 pounds using it, relatively effortlessly.

I like it because you can enter in items from restaurants or grocery stores and it tells you how many calories are in what you’re eating. I have a little scale that I used for science experiments and I do weigh a few things that are hard to figure out portion sizes for. Like, a serving of pasta is 2 ounces. How am I supposed to know how much 2 ounces is?? I use the scale for things like that. Other things go by cups or numbers (like number of Oreo cookies.)

I was shocked, shocked, shocked by how much I had been overeating. No wonder I’d gained the 15 pounds. I was in a bad habit of eating until I was positively stuffed and eating snacks all day long.

With the app, I could eat anything I wanted, but looking at the calories in the food I was eating forced me to eat differently. Since I had precious few calories allotted to me to eat each day, I couldn’t waste them on Oreo cookies. So, I’d have to turn to foods with fewer calories so I could have something to eat. My portions are much smaller than they used to be. At first, I’d leave the table feeling unsatisfied, since I wasn’t stuffed as had been my habit. But now I can tell when I’m full vs stuffed and I’ve gotten used to not feeling stuffed when I leave the table.

NOTE: These threads about diets tend to trigger people. And I just want to point out that I am aware that everyone loses weight differently. Some people, like me, have to watch their calories and that’s all. Some people have to eat certain types of food or avoid certain types of food in order to prompt their bodies to lose weight. Some people have to add in exercising.

I’m just relaying my own personal story.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 8

I’m doing WW and using the purple plan. Fewer points but more 0 point foods. I like that healthier foods are fewer or no points to encourage healthy eating. I’ve lost about 15 pounds since last summer. Slow progress it seems but more up and down really. I lost most of that during the summer but then gained a lot of it back during the early fall when I was away from home for a few months and had little control over my diet. I didn’t bother trying to get back on track til after the holidays. I started up again in the middle of January and just last week made it back to where I was at the end of summer. I’m excited to keep making progress. My goal now is to add in more exercise, like walking, especially now that it’s above freezing outside. I’d like to lose another 20lbs. I don’t think getting back to my pre-children weight is realistic at this point in my life but that would be 30lbs. Mostly, I would just like to be stronger, gain some control over my eating habits, and have more energy and stamina. 

• Like 2

I joined in February and have lost 10lbs. I'm on blue. I've done it before and it is very effective and doable for me. 1/2 lb more and I'm out of the obese range which thrills me. I'd like to lose another 30+ if I can though.

Good luck. I feel like one of the most important things for me is to remember to stay positive about it and not get sad if I don't immediately get results.

Edited by MeaganS
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MeaganS said:

I joined in February and have lose 10lbs. I'm on blue. I've done it before and it is very effective and doable for me. 1/2 lb more and I'm out of the obese range which thrills me. I'd like to lose another 30+ if I can though.

Good luck. I feel like one of the most important things for me is to remember to stay positive about it and not get sad if I don't immediately get results.

Yes that is a great milestone!

4 hours ago, Garga said:

I use the app Lose It. You can pay to upgrade it, but the free version is fine for me. I needed to lose 15 pounds about 2.5 years ago and lost 17 on it. It took a few months, but I met my goal. I kept the weight off until Covid. This past covid year, I’ve gained four pounds and am currently working on losing those 4 again. Once covid hit, I started baking. A lot. A lot a lot!

However, for those who have eating disorders, you’ll want to be careful using the app, because it’s a calorie counting app, and I’ve heard that people with eating disorders can struggle with counting calories and have negative effects from it. 

My husband used the app because he had heart disease and *had* to lose weight. He lost about 40 pounds using it, relatively effortlessly.

I like it because you can enter in items from restaurants or grocery stores and it tells you how many calories are in what you’re eating. I have a little scale that I used for science experiments and I do weigh a few things that are hard to figure out portion sizes for. Like, a serving of pasta is 2 ounces. How am I supposed to know how much 2 ounces is?? I use the scale for things like that. Other things go by cups or numbers (like number of Oreo cookies.)

I was shocked, shocked, shocked by how much I had been overeating. No wonder I’d gained the 15 pounds. I was in a bad habit of eating until I was positively stuffed and eating snacks all day long.

With the app, I could eat anything I wanted, but looking at the calories in the food I was eating forced me to eat differently. Since I had precious few calories allotted to me to eat each day, I couldn’t waste them on Oreo cookies. So, I’d have to turn to foods with fewer calories so I could have something to eat. My portions are much smaller than they used to be. At first, I’d leave the table feeling unsatisfied, since I wasn’t stuffed as had been my habit. But now I can tell when I’m full vs stuffed and I’ve gotten used to not feeling stuffed when I leave the table.

NOTE: These threads about diets tend to trigger people. And I just want to point out that I am aware that everyone loses weight differently. Some people, like me, have to watch their calories and that’s all. Some people have to eat certain types of food or avoid certain types of food in order to prompt their bodies to lose weight. Some people have to add in exercising.

I’m just relaying my own personal story.

I am going to show dh that app.  He needs to lose weight too.  

• Like 1

I have 16 points left.  I am starving.  I have a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts I could eat but it would use 5 of my points.  Can I eat tacos at home (homemade) with 11 points.  These first few days are always the roughest for me.  I have not had enough to eat today I can tell.  

18 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I have 16 points left.  I am starving.  I have a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts I could eat but it would use 5 of my points.  Can I eat tacos at home (homemade) with 11 points.  These first few days are always the roughest for me.  I have not had enough to eat today I can tell.  

I am on purple, so not really aware of what is free food on the green plan. Chicken tacos? Is chicken free on green? It really helps me to keep lots of free foods available. Had a small sandwich at lunch, but free red potatoes with it. Drinking a cup of free bone broth now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Calm37 said:

I am on purple, so not really aware of what is free food on the green plan. Chicken tacos? Is chicken free on green? It really helps me to keep lots of free foods available. Had a small sandwich at lunch, but free red potatoes with it. Drinking a cup of free bone broth now. 

Most of what is on the free list on the green is fruits and non starchy veggies.  I just figured up though...2 corn tortillas, 3 points, 1/2 c. taco meat with beans and corn is probably 4 or so.  Tomatoes and onion and salsa free.....that leaves me 4 points for one glass of wine before bed!  

• Like 2

Not WW, but I recently finished a six-month Diet Bet game (plus three one-month Diet Bet games, played concurrently with the six-month one). Nothing motivates me like the fear of losing money. 😉 I earned some money for a bigger bird cage for my canary, yay, and lost a total of 10% of my body weight. I have gained some back (went a little crazy celebrating), so I probably need to sign up again! 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Calm37 said:

I do the same. I did the blue plan for a while but there weren’t enough free foods. All the free options keep me from getting too hungry. There’s always something to eat. 

16 hours ago, Calm37 said:

15 hours ago, 2ndGenHomeschooler said:

I do the same. I did the blue plan for a while but there weren’t enough free foods. All the free options keep me from getting too hungry. There’s always something to eat. 

So how do you know how much of non free foods you can eat?

So I have only been doing this for 2 days so far and both days I went over my points.  7 over on Monday, 5 over last night.  I feel like I did not have enough food yesterday  and so by bedtime I was just starving. 

I had 2 TBLE of almond butter and an apple

1/2 cup avocado and 7 tortilla chips

1/4 cup of mixed nuts

2 homemade tacos (corn tortillas, taco meat with beans and corn (1/2 cup) and onions, jalapenos, tomatoes hot sauce)

That left me with 4 points.  I went over because I had wine and  popcorn at bedtime.  Sigh.  

I am printing off my list of free foods and going shopping after work.  I do know I will do better after a few days.  This is a major reboot because I have just been eating too much, obviously---that is why I am gaining weight! 

@Scarlett  This was a long time ago so things may have changed, but a friend told me that a WW leader told her that WW points are set too low so that people get quick results and stay with the program.  So you may truly need more food and still lose weight - just at a slower rate.  

• Like 2

I successfully did weight watchers a few years ago. I loved it. But gained the weight back and haven’t been motivated  since.

Are you on the app- the social media feed there is great. Very helpful people with lots of tips. And some products that really helped. 
Nuts and nut butter add up fast. Salads and veggies are your friend. I enjoyed boathouse farm dressings. Salads are filling. Carrots and peppers dipped in their dressing are filling and low points. Roasted veggies with a little olive oil and spices. 
Popcorn was helpful too. I still drank wine, but couldn’t do it every night. The points just added up too much and I was still hungry. 
I like WW. It teaches you some good habits. Maybe I should get back to it😀

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kassia said:

@Scarlett  This was a long time ago so things may have changed, but a friend told me that a WW leader told her that WW points are set too low so that people get quick results and stay with the program.  So you may truly need more food and still lose weight - just at a slower rate.  

I suspect this is true.  I lost a pound in two days.  LOL  Well, and there are the 'weekly' points so even though I went over both days, I haven't blown it for the week yet.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

So I have only been doing this for 2 days so far and both days I went over my points.  7 over on Monday, 5 over last night.  I feel like I did not have enough food yesterday  and so by bedtime I was just starving. 

I had 2 TBLE of almond butter and an apple

1/2 cup avocado and 7 tortilla chips

1/4 cup of mixed nuts

2 homemade tacos (corn tortillas, taco meat with beans and corn (1/2 cup) and onions, jalapenos, tomatoes hot sauce)

That left me with 4 points.  I went over because I had wine and  popcorn at bedtime.  Sigh.  

I am printing off my list of free foods and going shopping after work.  I do know I will do better after a few days.  This is a major reboot because I have just been eating too much, obviously---that is why I am gaining weight! 

Yeah, I think adding some more veggies in there will help fill you up without blowing through your points.

I tracked my food yesterday and did ok. Tonight we're eating out for dinner, so I probably want to be more careful through the day so I don't go too far overboard with my choices at whatever restaurant we choose.

I do have broccoli and carrots in the fridge to munch on. You're right that having the right foods on hand will help you out.

5 minutes ago, Toocrazy!! said:

I successfully did weight watchers a few years ago. I loved it. But gained the weight back and haven’t been motivated  since.

Are you on the app- the social media feed there is great. Very helpful people with lots of tips. And some products that really helped. 
Nuts and nut butter add up fast. Salads and veggies are your friend. I enjoyed boathouse farm dressings. Salads are filling. Carrots and peppers dipped in their dressing are filling and low points. Roasted veggies with a little olive oil and spices. 
Popcorn was helpful too. I still drank wine, but couldn’t do it every night. The points just added up too much and I was still hungry. 
I like WW. It teaches you some good habits. Maybe I should get back to it😀

I am definitely going after work to get a bunch of stuff for a yummy salad. I am also trying to balance a need for a high fiber diet with this points thing.  

Wine is going to be the killer for me.  Honestly, if I had just cut out the wine completely I probably wouldn't have needed the WW program.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Wine is going to be the killer for me.  Honestly, if I had just cut out the wine completely I probably wouldn't have needed the WW program.  

I know many people who really have to decide if they want to give up wine for those last few pounds (or chocolate or pizza or whatever - for me it's ice cream!).  For some people, it's worth it and others decide life is short and they want the wine.

I can't eat raw veggies or high fiber due to intestinal surgeries so it's really hard for me to fill up on low calorie foods that will make me feel full.  😞 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I am definitely going after work to get a bunch of stuff for a yummy salad. I am also trying to balance a need for a high fiber diet with this points thing.  

I think the salad will be a big help. A lot of your foods are very dense in calories so you don't get much for each serving.

For breakfast you could try:

2 scrambled eggs w/ a pile of veggies (I like kale/spinach- 1cup, peppers-1/2 c, and onions- you could also do mushrooms, tomatoes etc) w/ 2T cheese

1/2 cup of blueberries or strawberries; 278 calories vs; 280 of your breakfast - more fiber, nutrients, more filling, more protein

OR 1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt w/ 1 cup berries and 2T of nuts;  285 calories

Lunch

you had 1/2 avocado- 130 calories and 7 tortilla chips- 65 calories= 205 (no wonder you were hungry)

instead have a salad- 60 calories; chicken breast-  4oz chicken breast- 180 cal (or could do fish/tuna/beans/tempeh for less calories- veg option); 1/3 avocado+ a dollop of nf greek yogurt, cilantro, and spices for a quick dressing 100- 340 cal

Snack

go for fruits or veggies for a lower calorie snack- you should be more full after a better lunch- 100 calories at most

Dinner

add a quick lime cabbage slaw for satiety

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I know many people who really have to decide if they want to give up wine for those last few pounds (or chocolate or pizza or whatever - for me it's ice cream!).  For some people, it's worth it and others decide life is short and they want the wine.

I can't eat raw veggies or high fiber due to intestinal surgeries so it's really hard for me to fill up on low calorie foods that will make me feel full.  😞 

Chocolate is my treat. I have some nearly every day. My current kick is dark chocolate sea salt caramels. I have 2 at lunch- yummy!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soror said:

I think the salad will be a big help. A lot of your foods are very dense in calories so you don't get much for each serving.

For breakfast you could try:

2 scrambled eggs w/ a pile of veggies (I like kale/spinach- 1cup, peppers-1/2 c, and onions- you could also do mushrooms, tomatoes etc) w/ 2T cheese

1/2 cup of blueberries or strawberries; 278 calories vs; 280 of your breakfast - more fiber, nutrients, more filling, more protein

OR 1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt w/ 1 cup berries and 2T of nuts;  285 calories

Lunch

you had 1/2 avocado- 130 calories and 7 tortilla chips- 65 calories= 205 (no wonder you were hungry)

instead have a salad- 60 calories; chicken breast-  4oz chicken breast- 180 cal (or could do fish/tuna/beans/tempeh for less calories- veg option); 1/3 avocado+ a dollop of nf greek yogurt, cilantro, and spices for a quick dressing 100- 340 cal

Snack

go for fruits or veggies for a lower calorie snack- you should be more full after a better lunch- 100 calories at most

Dinner

add a quick lime cabbage slaw for satiety

I had a half a cup of avocado....basically an entire smallish avocado.  But yeah, still not much food over all.

This morning I am having 2/3 cup of non fat plain greek yogurt, fruit and chia seeds. It has been my go to breakfast for over a year because it is easy to get a lot of my fiber in early in the day with this breakfast.  I prefer to add pecans also, but pecans and chia seeds will really up the points.

The slaw with the tacos is a good idea.  

I started this WW Monday with not  much food in the house and no real plan.  Going to the store today will help....and I guess for not having a plan I haven't done too bad.

• Like 1

WW is designed to incentivize healthy foods. Not all calories are equal. The free foods are free not because they are necessarily low calorie but because they are more filling and its difficult to overeat them. When I'm hungry, eggs, fruit, and veggies are my go to because they cost fewer or no points. I use my points to spice up my regular foods. Like bacon with brussels sprouts or butter or dressings. 

I find meal planning to be essential and the first few weeks is hardest because you're trying to find recipes that you like that work for you. There's also more meal prep. No way around it. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I had a half a cup of avocado....basically an entire smallish avocado.  But yeah, still not much food over all.

This morning I am having 2/3 cup of non fat plain greek yogurt, fruit and chia seeds. It has been my go to breakfast for over a year because it is easy to get a lot of my fiber in early in the day with this breakfast.  I prefer to add pecans also, but pecans and chia seeds will really up the points.

I started this WW Monday with not  much food in the house and no real plan.  Going to the store today will help....and I guess for not having a plan I haven't done too bad.

We were posting at the same time. I definitely think shopping will help a ton!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scarlett said:

AFter having done this a few days you'll have a good idea of what you want to buy so that is good.

I was just trying to give some ideas. Best wishes to you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is free on the green plan? Sounds like building meals around free or low point foods would help fill you up and get in more nutrients. I would be hungry too on what you ate yesterday! 
On purple things like all fruits and vegetables (even starchy ones like potatoes), beans, non fat dairy, chicken breast, fish, eggs, brown rice, oatmeal, and whole wheat pasta are all free. I can easily build filling, nutritious meals around those foods and have plenty of fiber, carbs, and protein. And all foods that it’s hard to overeat on. I don’t see myself overeating brown rice or potatoes. Actually, I LOVE potatoes, but smothered in butter, cheese, and sour cream. So I just have a smaller portion. I use my points to fill in my meals with cheese, higher fat dairy, oil, butter, dressings, and higher fat proteins. Sometimes bread but not often. I prefer to go for the fats with my points. The “downside” of purple is fewer points. I get 16 a day. But with the free foods it’s enough and keeps me from going overboard on cheese and sugar. I always have the weekly points I can dip into too if I need them, although I usually try to save those for pizza night and a weekly lunch with a friend. 

Edited by 2ndGenHomeschooler

43 minutes ago, 2ndGenHomeschooler said:

What is free on the green plan? Sounds like building meals around free or low point foods would help fill you up and get in more nutrients. I would be hungry too on what you ate yesterday! 
On purple things like all fruits and vegetables (even starchy ones like potatoes), beans, non fat dairy, chicken breast, fish, eggs, brown rice, oatmeal, and whole wheat pasta are all free. I can easily build filling, nutritious meals around those foods and have plenty of fiber, carbs, and protein. And all foods that it’s hard to overeat on. I don’t see myself overeating brown rice or potatoes. Actually, I LOVE potatoes, but smothered in butter, cheese, and sour cream. So I just have a smaller portion. I use my points to fill in my meals with cheese, higher fat dairy, oil, butter, dressings, and higher fat proteins. Sometimes bread but not often. I prefer to go for the fats with my points. The “downside” of purple is fewer points. I get 16 a day. But with the free foods it’s enough and keeps me from going overboard on cheese and sugar. I always have the weekly points I can dip into too if I need them, although I usually try to save those for pizza night and a weekly lunch with a friend. 

Yeah. It's similar with the blue plan. Sort of a happy medium between green and purple. Beans, eggs, chicken, yogurt, fish, and fruits and veggies are free but not whole grain pasta or potatoes. But we get more points than purple. I get 26 a day. If I recall, green is more points but only free fruits and veggies?

Edited by MeaganS

I try to keep lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables around to snack on. I like low fat or fat free salad dressing with my raw vegetables. I find that eating an orange is helpful especially when I am not sure if I am actually hungry or just want to munch because it takes some time to peal and eat an orange. My special “treat” is fresh cut pineapple when I can get it at my grocery store.

I have a really hard time with portion control, so I buy multi-serving packs of crunchy snacks. What works best for me are the Halloween treat size packs like the kind a kid would share with a class (or Valentine’s/Easter). I stocked up on the Easter ones which won’t help you know but you could look for those in the future - Utz mini cheese balls, Utz pretzels, Sensible Portions Ghosts & Bats, etc. even cheese crackers. Most are 2-3 pts for two of the very small packets.

Good Thins crackers have some varieties that are 30+ crackers for a 3 pt portion which is great when paired with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge.

I use 40 calorie per slice bread (1 pt per slice) a lot for sandwiches or toast, and I like the Peter Pan reduced fat Whipped peanut butter which has been hard to find, but the powdered stuff does not make good sandwiches. Or I will have low/fo turkey sandwich and add lettuce and pickles to bulk up the sandwich.

I find I do better if I just stay away from sweets totally as I have no self control, but I do use sugar free Smuckers on my toast or PBJ sandwiches.

My one indulgence that I do eat when I have enough points left is Hint of Lime tortilla chips with Pace salsa.

• Like 1

I did a trial in 2018 but never actually signed up. I signed up for real in January of this year. I started on Green but switched to Blue when I realized I eat mostly Blue zero point foods anyway. And Green was too limiting when it comes to certain high point foods that I don't want to give up entirely.

I have good days and bad days. I know it's wrong but I don't track my coffee. I use real sugar and real half and half but very small amounts of each. I have 2 cups every morning, no more no less. I know what the points are (3 total) and keep that in mind even though I don't officially track it). I tried sugar substitutes and half and half substitutes - or low fat - and they just don't cut it for me. My morning coffee is life giving so I won't change a thing about it.

I lost 6 pounds since I started and that's fine with me. Slow is good. I want to lose 10 more pounds. 

When I didn't want to pay for WW back in 2018 I tried Lose It, iTrack Bites, and My Fitness Pal. I finally realized I just find WW easier so I'm back and actually shelling out the money this time.

I don't make anything off limits because that's how I get in trouble. I end up binging on off limits food. So I have regular pasta, bread, ice cream, etc. but I practice portion control and don't have those kinds of foods as often as I once did.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:05 AM, Scarlett said:

I know I will feel better if I lose at least 10 pounds.  I would LOVE to get back down to what I weighed 11 years ago when I met dh which was 127 (20 pounds)  But that might be a stretch at this point in my life.

Yeah, I'd love to get back down to 130 but I think those days are probably over. I'll be happy with 140. I'd be over the moon if I can get to 135 but my goal is 140.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2ndGenHomeschooler said:

Oh I see.  

1 hour ago, MeaganS said:

Yeah. It's similar with the blue plan. Sort of a happy medium between green and purple. Beans, eggs, chicken, yogurt, fish, and fruits and veggies are free but not whole grain pasta or potatoes. But we get more points than purple. I get 26 a day. If I recall, green is more points but only free fruits and veggies?

And yes, the only free on the green plan is fruits and veggies, but not the starchy veggies (aka the good ones. ;))

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scarlett said:

So how do you know how much of non free foods you can eat?

I just track the non free foods. I get 16 points. For lunch I had wheat spaghetti with tuna and mixed vegetables. I just had to track the quarter cup of alfredo sauce I put on it all. Oh, and I spent a point on the tablespoon of parmesan I put on top. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, City Mouse said:

I try to keep lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables around to snack on. I like low fat or fat free salad dressing with my raw vegetables. I find that eating an orange is helpful especially when I am not sure if I am actually hungry or just want to munch because it takes some time to peal and eat an orange. My special “treat” is fresh cut pineapple when I can get it at my grocery store.

I have a really hard time with portion control, so I buy multi-serving packs of crunchy snacks. What works best for me are the Halloween treat size packs like the kind a kid would share with a class (or Valentine’s/Easter). I stocked up on the Easter ones which won’t help you know but you could look for those in the future - Utz mini cheese balls, Utz pretzels, Sensible Portions Ghosts & Bats, etc. even cheese crackers. Most are 2-3 pts for two of the very small packets.

Good Thins crackers have some varieties that are 30+ crackers for a 3 pt portion which is great when paired with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge.

I use 40 calorie per slice bread (1 pt per slice) a lot for sandwiches or toast, and I like the Peter Pan reduced fat Whipped peanut butter which has been hard to find, but the powdered stuff does not make good sandwiches. Or I will have low/fo turkey sandwich and add lettuce and pickles to bulk up the sandwich.

I find I do better if I just stay away from sweets totally as I have no self control, but I do use sugar free Smuckers on my toast or PBJ sandwiches.

My one indulgence that I do eat when I have enough points left is Hint of Lime tortilla chips with Pace salsa.

I have similar struggles.  My weakness is not sweets though.  It is crunchy salty snacks and nuts.  And wine.  I have been trying to replace my habit of wine with hot mint tea which is pretty soothing, but now with summer coming on it will be harder to do that.  Bread I can skip completely.  I can wrap hamburger patty up in lettuce, onion tomato with a bit of mustard and be fine.  

The good thing about WW is it forces to to carefully consider every bite you put in your mouth.  After a few weeks it becomes second nature and gets easier.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I did a trial in 2018 but never actually signed up. I signed up for real in January of this year. I started on Green but switched to Blue when I realized I eat mostly Blue zero point foods anyway. And Green was too limiting when it comes to certain high point foods that I don't want to give up entirely.

I have good days and bad days. I know it's wrong but I don't track my coffee. I use real sugar and real half and half but very small amounts of each. I have 2 cups every morning, no more no less. I know what the points are (3 total) and keep that in mind even though I don't officially track it). I tried sugar substitutes and half and half substitutes - or low fat - and they just don't cut it for me. My morning coffee is life giving so I won't change a thing about it.

I lost 6 pounds since I started and that's fine with me. Slow is good. I want to lose 10 more pounds. 

When I didn't want to pay for WW back in 2018 I tried Lose It, iTrack Bites, and My Fitness Pal. I finally realized I just find WW easier so I'm back and actually shelling out the money this time.

I don't make anything off limits because that's how I get in trouble. I end up binging on off limits food. So I have regular pasta, bread, ice cream, etc. but I practice portion control and don't have those kinds of foods as often as I once did.

Yeah, I'd love to get back down to 130 but I think those days are probably over. I'll be happy with 140. I'd be over the moon if I can get to 135 but my goal is 140.

If I recall when I first did WW back in about 2008 I was still drinking my coffee like you do.  And I basically let that be my extra points for the week.  After I married dh for some inexplicable reason I know longer want or can tolerate sugar and cream in my coffee.  

• Like 1

I have this delicious white chicken chili bean recipe for the instapot. I just calculated the points.  From what I can tell it is 10 points for 1 cup and that does not include the cheese/avocado/sourcream chips we like to top it with!  

https://natashaskitchen.com/instant-pot-white-chicken-chili/#jump-to-recipe

Edited by Scarlett

3 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

There used to be a social group here for weight loss but it seems to have fizzled out after the last big, BIG update when the name changed from social groups to clubs. It's still in my list of clubs but there hasn't been any activity since 2019. 

Well anyone who wants can post along side me on this thread for support and ideas.  

• Thanks 1