Menu

Do you have a favorite non-bleach bathroom surface cleaner?

Ali in OR

I like my Clorox Green Works, but it's almost empty and I can't find it in any store now--I think they either stopped making it or are concentrating on all their with-bleach products right now. I've ruined too many shirts with the products that have bleach. Anyone have experience with Seventh Generation, Mrs. Meyer's, ECOS, or other readily available product that removes scum from faucets and does a decent general cleaning of bathroom counters/surfaces? Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Katy said:

Lately if I don’t use bleach I use apple scented dawn dish soap in a scrub brush that holds the soap. 

I didn't know this was a thing!  I'm going to have to look for that - I always buy the original blue.

I use Mrs Myers multi surface for counters, etc regularly and I use the concentrate on floors.  I do have some stronger stuff for the tub, but otherwise works great.   And you can keep refilling the spray cleaner with the concentrate watered down.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I didn't know this was a thing!  I'm going to have to look for that - I always buy the original blue.

I only use it for cleaning. Walmart has these $8 dish scrub brushes that hold the soap. I’ve never liked their brushes before but these are good quality. I now have one in each bathroom. 

8 hours ago, Katy said:

I only use it for cleaning. Walmart has these $8 dish scrub brushes that hold the soap. I’ve never liked their brushes before but these are good quality. I now have one in each bathroom. 

do you have a link for that?  I checked and couldn't see if there was anything like that online at walmart.  

51 minutes ago, math teacher said:

My current favorite scent is what I have in my classroom. I think it's Mr. Clean and it's lemon and sunflower. I dilute it and it smells like sunshine.

This might actually motivate me to clean!  😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kassia said:

do you have a link for that?  I checked and couldn't see if there was anything like that online at walmart.  

I can’t seem to figure out how to share a link from the app, and can’t figure out how to open a link in a browser, it just goes to the app. But search for “kitchenaid soap dispensing brush in black” and there’s 5 in stock at Walmart online (probably some in your local store too), or you can pay $4 more to buy from Amazon. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, scent is important. I like the light, clean smell of the Clorox Green Works so much more than the stuff I have with bleach, and it does help with the cleaning motivation! I think I will be very limited to whatever Winco has in stock tomorrow--they're not known for wide variety. Unless I want to make another stop somewhere.