Menu

are paint stores more important than I realize?!?!

ktgrok

Realtor.com has a thing where you can click "lifestyle" and it will overlay on the map things like where the local grocery stores are, coffee shops, gas stations, etc. Little bit buggy since a gas station convenience store may be listed as a "coffee shop" or "grocery store" if it sells coffee or snacks, but helpful. 

But one of the options it list is "paint stores". Um, are people really choosing real estate based on proximity to a paint store? Not gyms, shopping centers, movie theaters, parks...but paint stores?

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.48.15 PM.png

• Haha 9

Probably they're thinking that people buying homes are going to want to paint something. It's probably skewed towards services you need while buying or selling a house. There are a few other brands of paint that have their own stores, Sherwin Williams, Porter Paints. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elegantlion said:

There are a few other brands of paint that have their own stores, Sherwin Williams, Porter Paints. 

Last year when dh was going to paint the deck/patio, he had me choose the color as always.  (I am a color person snd he has slight blue-green colorblindness.)   We looked at the two b8z stores and didn't like their green choices, so we went w a color drom one of the paint stores

Who doesn’t love a good Benjamin Moore shop?!  🤣

(Ok, confession: I do love to browse the Ben Moore shop, fortunately it’s on the other side of town or we’d be head to toe faux finished and constantly changing room colors here, but I’m weird that way!)

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 1

After we moved in I needed to get some more paint for touch ups, so i called the paint store on the paint can that was left behind to find out if they were still open. After a confusing conversation I discovered i had called A Guy, at His House, early on a Saturday morning, who used to apply the paint to the walls. 🤭 Once we figured out what was going on he was friendly and gave me some background info on the house.

Would have saved myself some embarrassment with that "Here's an Actual Paint Store" app. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My guess is that they want to show lots of options and once you run out of obvious places they start putting in other types of stores. Honestly tho, there are sooooo many paint stores where I live. I live in a city of 180,000 people. According to Google, there are 16 paint stores. These are not home improvement like Lowes or general stores like Fred Meyer or Walmart---that would easily double that number. 16 stores that just sell paint!!