Menu

Easter without my peeps (not that kind of peep) or what will you have for food?

Eos

What are you eating tomorrow?  I've been in quarantine from traveling, today is my day to shop after my negative test. 

It's looking like ham, roasted sweet potatoes, beet salad, and spicy greens from the freezer.  

Edited by Harpymom
time to shop

Dh is working nights, so it will be Ds and I. I am making a Cobb salad today and cooking some more for the freezer, so there will be food to eat. I may make some deviled eggs. I hope to buy a ham today-I put two in my cart yesterday, but they weren't put in my order. 

• Like 1

We'll grill steaks like usual, along with some veggie skewers. Salad, rice, rolls. But the big thing for me after being off sweets for Lent and watching all seasons of The Great British Baking Show during that time is a cake. I'm going to make a lemon layer cake. And it will seem so sweet that I'll just eat one piece as will dh and dd and then we'll have 3/4 of a cake in the freezer for awhile!

• Haha 1

Dd showed me pictures of the girls at the dorm making little turtles and hedgehogs from brioche dough, so now I've requested dh make some dough and we will make creatures.

Edited by Harpymom
  • Like 3

We're doing nothing and my college kid isn't even coming home.  Just 3 of us.  And I'm still making a little prime rib and a ham lol.  I love leftovers.   We're also having roasted asparagus, a green salad of some kind, still thinking of that, twice baked potatoes and a lemon tart.  

• Like 3

It is just us and the kids, probably the last one with all of us living at home, so I am trying to do something nice.  We are having ham, homemade rolls or challah, deviled eggs, roasted asparagus, and lemon cake for dessert.

• Like 2

We are staying home this year, but there will still be six of us. I'm making beef tenderloin, roast broccoli and carrots, mashed potatoes, and rolls made from frozen dough. I may saute some mushrooms to eat with the beef. We have half of a (homemade) chocolate chip cheesecake that we took out of the freezer for dessert. I prepared the beef for the oven yesterday, and I may make the potatoes today and reheat them. It should be fairly easy to pull together tomorrow, because I've spent time preparing ahead.

• Like 1

We are going to do Asian Takeout. We get to see L's bestie and her mom tomorrow for the first time in months (we saw them a total of 2 times in the last year, masked, outside, and very short due to the fact that the first was way too hot and the second was way too cold). At this point, everyone has gotten the first vaccine dose, the adults are all fully vaccinated,  and weather is nice, so we plan to spend the day with the adults chatting on the back porch, and the teens being teens somewhere (probably the park across the street) and then to order food from the restaurant we used to meet at weekly until Feb of 2020. 

It's not a traditional Easter, but I am very, very excited to have a relatively normal social visit for the first time in a year!

• Like 3

Well idk we were going to keep it simple with my parents.  My mom just had a lot of dental work so ham, macaroni &cheese, asparagus, watermelon. Plus whatever oldest DD wanted to bake for dessert.  Now we are quarantined so no parents.  Not sure if we will save the ham for when they can come or just do it anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sherry in OH said:

We are having scalloped potatoes, oven-roasted asparagus, vegetarian 'ham,' pulled pork, and deviled eggs, with cake and berries for dessert.

Ooh! Pulled pork! Great idea! I really don't want to do a ham, as it is just TOO salty and we all feel bloated for days. And it makes too much. But wanted to stick with a warm weather fun food - was thinking of doing salmon, but pulled pork might be the winner. Would go well with the baked beans I'm planning, and maybe I'll make potato salad with the already cooked creamer potatoes that are in my fridge. 

• Like 2

Easter will be a little more than last year...  Last year it was just dh and I, and we ordered take-out Easter dinner from a local restaurant, and then delivered portions of it to our young adult dd's who are in their own apartments nearby.  (Were not in the same bubble yet!)

This year, those two dd's will be spending it with us, but we're doing it very low-key, partly because my dh and I had our vaccine #2 today and don't know how we'll be feeling tomorrow!  We're having an Easter brunch.  One dd is making a quiche, and then we'll have fruit salad, a cucumber salad, and hot-cross buns.  Oh, and mimosas!  We live in an area that usually has snow this time of year, but tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 70's!  Very weird, but that means we'll try and have our brunch outside.

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 2

Leg of lamb, Greek potatoes, roast Brussels sprouts, sautéed asparagus, breaded artichokes, carrot fritters, popovers, and our favorite Jell-O "salad." Oh, and carrot cake Oreo truffles for dessert.

It's "just" going to be our family of seven, but Easter is a Big Deal to us, so I'm going all out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrsMommy said:

our favorite Jell-O "salad."

Oh foo, that's what I forgot to make!

I have the cinnamon rolls raising for breakfast, then a ham, potato casserole, broccoli casserole, two pies (butterscotch and coconut cream) and a carrot cake. I think I have a dessert problem considering that's just for three of us, lol. I have some asparagus I could do for something fresh, but my dh doesn't eat any of those veges anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

We are having part of a rolled boned leg of lamb - the butcher cut off one end for us. We'll have it with the wild garlic we foraged on Friday, steamed tender stem broccoli and roast hispi cabbage.

Yummmm.  All of the lamb descriptions are helping my post-Easter meal planning...

Edited by Harpymom
craving lamb now
  • Like 1