Menu

I sent my husband to urgent care this morning...

Noreen Claire

....and, ten hours later, he's just come out of surgery for an emergency appendectomy. And I have not seen him since he left the house. 🤬🤬🤬

I'm waiting for the floor nurse to call me so I can go see him, but they will only let me stay for a few minutes because visiting hours ended fifteen minutes ago. I was waiting for my mother to get here to watch the younger boys so I could see him before he was taken into surgery, but she didn't get here in time.

Gah. I just want to see my husband!

• Sad 42

So, I got the call at 8:30 that he was on his way to his room from recovery. I was there in 5 minutes (the hospital is just up the hill) and I guess they forgot I was there, because I stayed until he started getting sleepy, a little over an hour. He's in good spirits, and he should come home tomorrow.

What a stressful day!

• Like 29

Something similar happened to someone who is dear to me. She was sick and had taken a heavy dose of cold medicine which knocked her out pretty thoroughly. Her husband woke up with abdominal pain and called the on-call nurse. He'd been having these types of issues for a while and had tried numerous solutions, to no avail. The on-call nurse advised him to go to the hospital. When he told his wife, she was sooooo groggy! He told her to go back to sleep. He drove himself to the hospital and ended up with an emergency appendectomy. She found out when she woke up mid-morning and saw a note he left on the table before he left. She had no memory of their middle of the night conversation. She called the hospital and learned he had had surgery.This was quite some time ago (more than a decade)--we still tease her about sleeping through her husband's emergency surgery. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, J-rap said:

Wow, that was fast!  Did his symptoms start suddenly, right before you took him in?  So glad it turned out okay!!

No, he had intense pain Tuesday night, into Wednesday. He spent Wednesday in bed. He felt better Thursday morning, and was going to go into work, but decided to go to urgent care instead.

He's home now. Pale, tired, and sore but in good spirits.

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, Noreen Claire said:

No, he had intense pain Tuesday night, into Wednesday. He spent Wednesday in bed. He felt better Thursday morning, and was going to go into work, but decided to go to urgent care instead.

He's home now. Pale, tired, and sore but in good spirits.

What a relief that he's home and the worst is over.  I'm so glad he went in - especially since he was actually feeling better at that point.

• Like 1